Windows 10: fax modem

Discus and support fax modem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo H520s - Intel G2020 2.9 GHZ - 4 gigs RAM and 1T hard drive. Running Windows 10. I assumed that it came with a fax modem and I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by logman, Mar 30, 2016.

1. logman Win User

fax modem

I have a Lenovo H520s - Intel G2020 2.9 GHZ - 4 gigs RAM and 1T hard drive. Running Windows 10. I assumed that it came with a fax modem and I tried to set up the fax and scan but the set up wizard can not find any modem. Is it just not installed or do I not have one? How do I find out? .....

:)

logman, Mar 30, 2016

2. E series- business without FAX?

The 6260 has a fax modem as well. It's not exactly a current phone either but it's slightly newer than the 6600...

Communicators don't have fax modems either... they can send/receive faxes themselves but they don't have a fax modem inside to enable you to send/receive faxes from your laptop...

As far as I know thought there are other phones that have an unknown class of fax modem... so technically they aren't designed to be used as fax modems but it is technically possible... I'm sure there was a post on here somewhere I read about where a guy managed
    to send faxes using WinFax with his N70!

mobile_maniac, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Nokia 6230i BT Fax Modem not supported but INF file shows support

I have a Nokia 6230i - response from querying the modem gives FCLASS? as zero (no fax support) but the INF file shows that fax support is there:

HKR, Fax, SetupCommand,, "ATS7=255&D3"

HKR, Fax, SerialSpeedInit,, "19200"

HKR, Fax\Class2\AdaptiveAnswer\AnswerCommand, 1,, "ATS7=90S25=2"

HKR, Fax\Class2\AdaptiveAnswer\AnswerCommand, 2,, "ATA"

HKR, Fax\Class2\AdaptiveAnswer, ModemResponseFaxConnect,, "+FCO"

HKR, Fax\Class2\AdaptiveAnswer, ModemResponseDataDetect,, "CARRIER"

HKR, Fax\Class2\AdaptiveAnswer, ModemResponseDataConnect,, "CONNECT"

The Nokia 6320i does not appear in the list of valid modems for Microsoft Fax, though it is in the list of modems for data stuff. I can use it as a modem fine for data calls.

I have tried initialising the modem using the string specified ATS7=255&D3 but to no avail.

Surely there is some way of enabling the fax modem - by flashing the phone or something.....

dominicturner, Mar 30, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

fax modem

Right click on the start icon and click on device manger. Do you have any "unknown devices" showing up? Do you have a category for Modems, and is there a fax modem listed in there? Does anything have an exclamation point?

I don't see a fax modem in that computer:
    Lenovo Essential H520S - Slide 5 - Slideshow from PCMag.com

NavyLCDR, Mar 30, 2016
  5. logman Win User
    Thanks for your help. I went to device manager and the only modem there was an acer USB modem. I ll just keep my 15 year old fax machine until I upgrade to some new equipment......

logman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

fax modem

1. fax modem - Similar Threads - fax modem

2. Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?: My mother just died, and I've been needing to fax copies of my mom's death certificate to various places. It's either fax it or snail mail it, and for some reason they insist on "certified copies" of the death certificate if I snail mail it, and those cost money to get from...
  3. Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?: My mother just died, and I've been needing to fax copies of my mom's death certificate to various places. It's either fax it or snail mail it, and for some reason they insist on "certified copies" of the death certificate if I snail mail it, and those cost money to get from...
  4. what usrobotics fax modem works with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what usrobotics fax modem works with Windows 10: What USRobotics fax modem works with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-usrobotics-fax-modem-works-with-windows-10/2e3fbdf8-541d-4a17-9d02-2dda8c1c080b
  5. what usrobotics fax modem works with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what usrobotics fax modem works with Windows 10: What USRobotics fax modem works with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-usrobotics-fax-modem-works-with-windows-10/2e3fbdf8-541d-4a17-9d02-2dda8c1c080b
  6. what usrobotics fax modem works with Windows 10

7. Windows Fax and Scan tries to print when I try to send a fax with a USB modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan tries to print when I try to send a fax with a USB modem: I bought a USB modem and connected it to my Windows 11 PC. It shows up in the device manager, but when I type in the phone number and all the info and click send, it brings me to the print menu to select a printer. I'm not trying to print though....
  8. Windows Fax and Scan tries to print when I try to send a fax with a USB modem

Windows Fax and Scan tries to print when I try to send a fax with a USB modem: I bought a USB modem and connected it to my Windows 11 PC. It shows up in the device manager, but when I type in the phone number and all the info and click send, it brings me to the print menu to select a printer. I'm not trying to print though....
  9. Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...: Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows Version is Windows 11 Home, the latest. I am sorry to tell that I cannot get this Fax Modem installed. When I try Windows Fax and Scan - the message in the is: Sorry, you cannot send a fax...
  10. Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...

Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...: Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows Version is Windows 11 Home, the latest. I am sorry to tell that I cannot get this Fax Modem installed. When I try Windows Fax and Scan - the message in the is: Sorry, you cannot send a fax...