Windows 10: Fax printouts

Discus and support Fax printouts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 and am connected via my HP printer to conventional Fax. I frequently receive a print out headed on the left hand side My Printer Make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlanBurfitt, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Fax printouts

I use Windows 10 and am connected via my HP printer to conventional Fax. I frequently receive a print out headed on the left hand side My Printer Make & Model details and on the left hand side "Fax Log for my name and fax number". In the subject section the heading is Last transmission followed by Date Time Received Station ID & Caller ID (blank) duration 0.00 Pages 0 Result No Fax.

I have tried to identify where these originate without success. These come in several times per week and are a complete waste of paper and ink.

How can I stop these wasteful print outs?

Puzzled

:)

AlanBurfitt, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

OneNote Insert PDF printout turns black

Are you trying to insert a PDF printout on OneNote online using your browser? If yes, we suggest that you contact your browser's developer.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 4, 2018
  3. printout color change

I possess a HP 3830 Deskjet printer. On occasion, I like to printout various pages in different colors for study importance. I sometimes cut-&-paste from the original document to Microsoft word. Unfortunately, many times when I do cut-&-paste, there are
    numerous translation problems/errors with the finished document. Therefore, I would like to change the color from black & white to bold dark blue, red, green, etc., and printout out directly from my printer and not be required to cut-&-paste.

When I select the print color-the printer permits me to make a selection: either black & White, or color; but, not a specific color.

My system is Windows 10.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have. At 68, I am computer illiterate-so, please keep it rather simple.

JamesAdams2, Oct 4, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Fax printouts

One More Step before I begin

I think it may be prudent to put together a step-by-step here.

1. You might start with the list of installed programs you provided using Ccleaner, but deleting the ones you will not reinstall (no longer necessary). Then we could make a list of everything program-wise needed for preparation. You'll need downloads/installers, keycodes (where required), and data backups.

2. A printout from Belarc or Speccy will provide a system inventory to evaluate driver requirements.

That would be how I would start. The preparation really is the longest part of it all.

simrick, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Fax printouts

1. Fax printouts - Similar Threads - Fax printouts

2. windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.: Windows Fax and Scan not working. Message when attempt to use scanner is, "Could not complete scan". Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-not-working-message-could-not/80b91376-c044-4451-a1d7-de220f1ab817
  3. windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.: Windows Fax and Scan not working. Message when attempt to use scanner is, "Could not complete scan". Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan-not-working-message-could-not/80b91376-c044-4451-a1d7-de220f1ab817
  4. windows fax and scan not working. Message "Could not complete scan". Please advise.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. fax does not autoanswer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fax does not autoanswer: Scan ? fax works fine, but it will not auto answer. Rings but nothing happens, autoanswer is set to 2. Only way to receive fax is by using answer now, then all is ok.Tried 3 different usb modems all conxant on Win 10 or Win 11 same problem...
  6. fax does not autoanswer

fax does not autoanswer: Scan ? fax works fine, but it will not auto answer. Rings but nothing happens, autoanswer is set to 2. Only way to receive fax is by using answer now, then all is ok.Tried 3 different usb modems all conxant on Win 10 or Win 11 same problem...
  7. fax does not autoanswer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11: Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-fax-and-scan-app-for-win-11/8eabebe5-5e97-4c00-a7bf-2ccaf873b36d
  9. Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11

Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11: Where can I find fax and scan App for win 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-fax-and-scan-app-for-win-11/8eabebe5-5e97-4c00-a7bf-2ccaf873b36d
  10. Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?: My mother just died, and I've been needing to fax copies of my mom's death certificate to various places. It's either fax it or snail mail it, and for some reason they insist on "certified copies" of the death certificate if I snail mail it, and those cost money to get from...