Windows 10: Fax & Scan - Cannot migrate Sent Items

Discus and support Fax & Scan - Cannot migrate Sent Items in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had to install build 1709 fresh as my computer would not upgrade to 1709. I made backups first using Acronis, Reflect as well as plain file copy for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Devon Nullman, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Fax & Scan - Cannot migrate Sent Items

I had to install build 1709 fresh as my computer would not upgrade to 1709. I made backups first using Acronis, Reflect as well as plain file copy for Documents, Program Files, Program Data, etc. I did install 1709 64 bit, the 1703 I had was 32 bit. I have reinstalled all programs, Documents are copied back, Office is working perfectly. The only issue I have is Windows Fax & Scan. Copying all the .tif files from my backup to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\SentItems does not make them show up in the Sent Items box. I looked at this thread:

Windows10 fax and Scan folders Solved - Windows 10 Forums

One comment states : "The light eventually dawned on me that the file names of the sent faxes differed over several groups of characters to those of the 'new' sent fax." but does not specify exactly what part to rename. Here's what I have, i sent a fax so there would be something to compare to -

Existing :S-1-5-21-1369729191-4239144290-3141940945-1001$201d3bb297068b5.tifBackups :S-1-5-21-1860128955-2317930214-598928839-1000$201cd1cd4d5bbed.tif
    I tried renaming all the backups to match everything up to the "201"
    S-1-5-21-1860128955-2317930214-598928839-1000$201cd1cd4d5bbed.tif
    became
    S-1-5-21-1369729191-4239144290-3141940945-1001$201cd1cd4d5bbed.tif
    copied a few of the renamed files, they do not show.

Made a copy of the backup folder and used the advanced menu in Fax & Scan to "Move Folder" to it. It deleted everything in the folder. Microsoft tells me that probably the Fax & Scan app is a new version - changed between 1703 and 1709, I don't think so, or that there is some mapping database somewhere that links the files to the Sent Items box, of course there is nobody that actually knows if that is a fact and if there is, I can't talk to them...

Any Ideas would be great, I kinda need to have those records of what faxes were sent and the backup folder is not very handy if I need to find faxes sent to a particular telephone # or a specific subject.

:)

Devon Nullman, Mar 13, 2018
  2. YvesB Win User

Windows FAX and SCAN - Fax missing in Sent Items and Inbox folder

Hi,

For an unknown reason the SENT ITEMS and INBOX folder are not showing my sent and received faxes.

I can view them if I navigate to their saved location using file explorer but cannot view them when I click on the SENT ITEMS or INBOX folder. Note my faxes were visible when I was using Win 7.

Is there a way to view/recover my received and sent faxes in Windows FAX and SCAN?

Thanks,

YvesB, Mar 13, 2018
  3. Running Window 10 64bit; Windows Fax & Scan

Since migrating to Windows 10 Pro 64bit product, the use of Windows Fax & Scan no longer works for me. When working with the Fax & Scan, my computer either immediately locks or after entering information in tools; system halts
    or freezes proceeded by an IPL initiation on its own; no matter what I try to do. Having to restore my system from a previous image is not uncommon. At this point the product; Fax & Scan is useless to me unfortunately. My system otherwise is fine unless
    I try to use this Application; handy one in the past. Unfortunately, all my previous Windows Fax and Scan information is gone as well with the migration. I tried removing the option from Windows and re-initiating it again; that didn’t work either. Any
    other suggestions and am I the only one having this problem?

robespindola, Mar 13, 2018
  4. Fax & Scan - Cannot migrate Sent Items

Update : I just downloaded a program called Quick Image Comment and it appears that the same information that Fax & Scan shows in the Sent Items is in the .tif file as Metadata (Exif) - the username on the older files was different so I tried changing one, but it still did not appear.

Devon Nullman, Mar 14, 2018
Thema:

Fax & Scan - Cannot migrate Sent Items

1. Fax & Scan - Cannot migrate Sent Items - Similar Threads - Fax Scan Cannot

2. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...
  3. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  6. I'm looking for the location of all SENT FAXES in the Fax & Scan application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm looking for the location of all SENT FAXES in the Fax & Scan application: I need to export these for confirmation that they were sent. No idea where they are at this point. . .anyone? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-looking-for-the-location-of-all-sent-faxes-in/b01e1f0a-6e07-467f-9091-adc699b8c7df
  7. FAX and SCAN item missing

FAX and SCAN item missing: Fax and Scan work fine. Out of curiosity, why is the Windows Fax and Scan item missing from Control PanelPrograms and FeaturesTurn Windows Features on and offPrint and Document Services? Up-to-date W2004 build. SFC is clean....
  8. Fax and Scan not working for fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fax and Scan not working for fax: I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service. When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and...
  9. fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fax & scan: scanner is not download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-scan/f331aec1-bb53-4dc4-b709-e4314a616b89
  10. Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Fax and Scan: Since upgrading to Win 10, I am unable to see previously sent faxes in Windows Fax and Scan that I made under Win 7. This had the Fax account folder set to a location on my data partition, which remains untouched. Even though I point my new Win 10 WFS account to the same data...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan does not diplay items in sent items folder