Windows 10: fbl impressive code 10049 windows update

Discus and support fbl impressive code 10049 windows update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is it not somewhat counterproductive to tweak unofficial mods and the registry.? Mmmmm, maybe; maybe not. Some folks want to push things to the limit,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

fbl impressive code 10049 windows update

Mmmmm, maybe; maybe not. Some folks want to push things to the limit, just to see if they can get away with it. And, as you say . . .
    So why not push the envelop a bit. I would if I knew how, but I don't.

Not so, not so . . . I've been on many Microsoft betas and I can tell you Microsoft has always listened . . . they just haven't always done what we've told them we want. But for the most part, they do listen and follow through with the best practice.

Yeah, to an extent. However, why not: Here's how I tweaked it and this is the result of that tweak. Yes, there are quite a few experienced and skillful programmers within the Insider group who can get that type of job done.

Wynona, Mar 31, 2015
  2. flavioms Win User

my updates still on 0% since the update to 10041 build....someone can help me?

flavioms, Mar 31, 2015
  3. badrobot Win User
    How are you connected to the internet?

badrobot, Mar 31, 2015
  4. fbl impressive code 10049 windows update

The general wisdom is that a clean install avoids any corrupted code that may occur when overwriting files during one upgrade after another. Many a geek has sworn by Grabthar's Hammer that a clean install provides the best and fastest OS *Wink

Mayagrafix, Mar 31, 2015
  5. Same problem with me, my download is at 10% after two days (truth be told, I tinker with WinX very little and only run it about a hour everyday, so its not a fair evaluation), but left it on all last night to speed the 10049 download and got nowhere fast *Sad There must be a awful big demand on Redmonds servers for that new Spartan browser!

Mayagrafix, Mar 31, 2015
  6. dencal Win User
    Wynona.
    You are missing the point, the title of this O/S is Evaluation.
    You are using this O/S purely for your own benefit, toys for the boys or girls come to mind.
    Perhaps a mixture of boredom or curiosity may have influenced you, but are of no benefit to M$ in the development of this O/S.

dencal, Mar 31, 2015
  7. I'm not suggesting anybody do it, just stating that people do it. Sometimes a simple reg edit will get you a feature from the earlier build that you liked, versus a feature they changed that you don't like. You do it, then forget you did it, then wonder why you can't upgrade to the next build. For example, If I could easily switch to the Windows 8.1 Start Screen versus the current hybrid Start Screen/menu I would. So would others. It happens. There are other things that can cause issues, programs you've installed, drivers you've upgraded. Granted, going from one version of Windows 10 to another shouldn't be that big a deal. not like upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 would be. Me personally, I prefer a clean install when ever possible.

alphanumeric, Mar 31, 2015
  8. usasma Win User

Ever since Windows for Workgroups 3.11 I have done clean installs when a new OS was released.
    With Vista (after Win7 was released) I found that I could update a clean install of Vista to Win7 - but could not when trying to update my well-used version of Vista (this was on a Lenovo x61t tablet).

My Win8.1 install was an update from Win8 - and I had to fight with my Samsung laptop for over 4 months in order to get it to install.

I intend to try to install Win10 on top of my 8.1 today (after backing it up to my ext HDD and my WD MyCloud device)
    I will do a clean install at RTM, but need to immerse myself in the OS prior to it's release (so I'm prepared to help others when it is released).

As for why I'm doing an update rather than a clean install right now, it's basically for 2 reasons:
    1) To see how the update process works when going from 8.1 to 10
    2) Because I'm lazy and I have many programs to install, and a customized program (for BSOD analysis) that will take some research and a couple of hours to install.

usasma, Mar 31, 2015
  9. flavioms Win User
    wi-fi connection....but since i update to build 10041 its impossible to perform updates....

flavioms, Mar 31, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    I re installed 10041 and then tried to update to 10049 and got this error??

fbl impressive code 10049 windows update [​IMG]

Any Ideas?

11. NickTh Win User
    I've had a similar problem (it's a different error code) and I've followed
    this guide and I solved it.
    Hope that helps.

NickTh, Mar 31, 2015
  12. badrobot Win User
    The last 2 builds are online upgrades. It is not just an update. You are trying to download about 3GB of data and your wireless connection can't cope with it. Connect to the internet via ethernet cable (wired). That will give you faster connection.

badrobot, Mar 31, 2015
  13. flavioms Win User

The previous upgrade 10041 update normally on my connection. The problem is not that. Is something with this build on my computer. After reqeust the update the windows found the new updates but the download did not start, i was monitoring the nwtwork status and nothing is beeing transfered.

flavioms, Mar 31, 2015
  14. badrobot Win User
    10041 I think is a much lighter update than 10049.
    10049 is definitely a new installation. There's no harm using wired connection. Just try it out. It doesn't cost anything (unless you need to buy an ethernet cable first *Smile )

badrobot, Mar 31, 2015
  15. flavioms Win User
    Okay...i will try....i will use a cable on my router....reverting with news.....thank you.

flavioms, Mar 31, 2015
Thema:

1. fbl impressive code 10049 windows update - Similar Threads - fbl impressive code

2. Co-pilot Impresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Co-pilot Impresses: I decided to try a wee experiment with Co-pilot. The result honestly was quite impressive... Even 'sounds' as I actually would.Selecting "Compose", I submitted the following:Why it is so rewarding taking my Therapy Dog to visit at facilities or work at special events?This was...
  3. Error 80070003 -0x20007 Updating to Build 10049

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 80070003 -0x20007 Updating to Build 10049: Hi All, After downloading Build 10049 through Windows Update, gets to installation process and get this error. Reverts back to 10041. Any ideas ? Jim 5058
  4. Trying to update from 10041 to 10049

Trying to update from 10041 to 10049: [img] Hello Everyone, i am trying to update to 10049, but i am being told i need 0.00 megs of space to do the updates. I have 14 Gigs of free space . i have rebooted several times, and remove unwanted apps Thanks in advance [img] [img] [img] 5194
  5. Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049)

Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049): The Windows Update app says (and shows) that I have updates available but never downloads and there is no option to start the download or manually download. This is a new clean install of 10049 from ISO. Running 10049 64BIT [img] 5474
  6. No Sound after Build 10049 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound after Build 10049 Update: After what seemed to be ages - more than 5 hours on an Intel I7 32M PC - Build 10049 finally upgraded from 10041 BUT no sound. I had this problem with Build 10041 when it updated the audio drivers but at least I could roll back the drivers to something previous that...
  7. impressed! but questions

in Windows 10 Support
    impressed! but questions: just downloaded the free upgrade from win 8.1 to 10, from install of losing the desktop to getting it back in win 10 only took 22 mins! I like edge browser but how do I get extensions? I read somewhere that they where compatible with chrome extensions however when I go...
  8. 10049 and VPN

in Windows 10 Support
    10049 and VPN: The new 10049 version will not let me install and run a VPN server. It is blocking the TAP driver need to run My Internet Access Server Since Microsoft is running a key logger on Windows 10 I suppose a VPN would not let them spy on all of us. How good or even crook is...
  9. Windows 10 Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Impressions: FYI: I write long posts. If you want short posts, hang out over in Twitter Land. I am also using a touchscreen laptop and own a smartphone. I don't have a need for a tablet, personally. All in all I'm pleased with the direction of Windows 10. We have more optimization for...
  10. My First Impression

in Windows 10 Support
    My First Impression: NNOOOOO!!!!!!! Okay, that's the short answer. I get that a lot of people wanted a "start menu", but why take away the Start Screen and replace it with the box next to the menu ?? Granted, it didn't take me long to sort out how to add / remove tiles from it, but now I'm...
Tags: