Windows 10: FCU and DisplayLink Drivers

Discus and support FCU and DisplayLink Drivers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the install and reboot of the FCU, a pop up message said that the DisplayLink driver installed on my laptop was not compatible with FCU and has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Oct 18, 2017.

1. FCU and DisplayLink Drivers

After the install and reboot of the FCU, a pop up message said that the DisplayLink driver installed on my laptop was not compatible with FCU and has been removed. I had used DisplayLink to connect a second monitor to my HP Laptop via USB.

After the reboot, my three monitors (the laptop screen, a monitor via the external monitor port on the laptop, and the USB connected monitor) all seem to be working fine without the DisplayLink driver. I am trying to determine if I need to reinstall the DL driver but right now I'm not seeing a need. Any reason I should reinstall it that I am missing?

Sorry for the dumb question, but thanks for any thoughts.

:)

Gator5000e, Oct 18, 2017

2. July Surface Firmware update makes Windows 10 BSOD

The issue was with the Displaylink Drivers conflicting with the intel drivers. Problem solved by uninstalling displaylink drivers

PorscheLuvr, Oct 18, 2017
  3. srfreeman Win User
    Touch Screen Remains Active Upon Closing Lid While Using Docking Station

From DisplayLink's knowledge base:

------

Problems with touch screens and DisplayLink technology

DisplayLink do not provide the touch screen technology or drivers on products containing DisplayLink technology.

For issues with touch screen drivers, please contact the product manufacturer.

------

Sounds like Samsung support will have to answer this, if it is to be answered.

srfreeman, Oct 18, 2017
  4. FCU and DisplayLink Drivers

I did a clean install on my Laptop, then plugged in my Display Link USB Monitor. Windows installed the driver automatically, I didn't have to do anything. I haven't had to manually install Display Link since the first official public build was released.

alphanumeric, Oct 18, 2017
Thema:

FCU and DisplayLink Drivers

1. FCU and DisplayLink Drivers - Similar Threads - FCU DisplayLink Drivers

2. Dual Monitor Issue / DisplayLink hub

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Issue / DisplayLink hub: This has been driving me nuts and I cant figure out why. I have a display link hub. One monitor is on HDMI. The other is on a VGA -> DVI adapter. I have 2 Spectre E20 Monitors. Everytime I boot up the monitor on the VGA adapter looks stretched out. I have to go to Display...
  3. It's time to prepare for W10 FCU

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    It's time to prepare for W10 FCU: Hi, folks Is there any changes in Fall Creators Update, when a clean install is performed? I am more concerned about signing in with a local /offline/ account during setup and later switch to MS account. A screenshot of that particular window will be greatly appreciated....
  4. FCU upgrade Unusual Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FCU upgrade Unusual Issue: This morning I am still unable to get a complete working install of the FCU upgrade. The install has completed, I get to the place where you Put in your password for my Local Account, the screen comes up that more updates need to be installed and that process continues then...
  5. FCU does not do anything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FCU does not do anything: After downloading and running Windows10Upgrade9252.exe i get this screen and nothing else: [img] Checking Task Manager shows no CPU , no I/O, and no network activity. So I hit Exit. I did get a Windows10Upgrade directory with lots of stuff on my C: drive, but I am...
  6. FCU messed up apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FCU messed up apps: After the FCU, a clean install, 90% of the tiles in the start menu have a downward arrow on them. When you highlight them they all say the same thing....."A great App is on it's way". What gives? [img] 95712
  7. USB DisplayLink monitor or mDP not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    USB DisplayLink monitor or mDP not working: I have a Surface Pro 3 i5/4300U with two mDP monitors, one plugged in directly and one plugged in to the dock and then I have a USB adapter using DisplayLink with an adapter converting it to DiV connector. This setup has worked just fine for a long time. It also worked fine...
  8. Update from AU to FCU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from AU to FCU?: My desktop PC is running the AU (W10 Pro) since I have deferred updates. My laptop just upgraded to the FCU which I'm happy with. Is there any problem just letting my desktop PC upgrade straight from the AU to FCU (missing out the CU)? 96317
  9. FCU 1709 issue coming up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FCU 1709 issue coming up: I have noticed that programs that use Runtime 1.0 and 2.0 and 3.0 and maybe 4.5 will not run on the new OS I'm getting request to install runtime 4.5 because it contains 1,2,3, however windows report it can not install 4.5 because its part of the OS already. For those of us...
  10. FCU - Linking Phone to W10 PC - Worth It?

in Windows 10 Support
    FCU - Linking Phone to W10 PC - Worth It?: I just had the FCU installed and one of the first things that showed up in EDGE which was open when the reboot finished was the option to link an iPhone to the PC. It says I really can't find what this feature does and what advantage it would have, or more importantly, what...