Windows 10: (FCU) Candy Crush, etc. reappearing after uninstallation and reboot

Discus and support (FCU) Candy Crush, etc. reappearing after uninstallation and reboot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did a clean install of the Fall Creators Update (Pro) and tried to uninstall the built-in junk apps (Candy Crush, March of Empires, Facebook,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PolarNettles, Oct 17, 2017.

1. (FCU) Candy Crush, etc. reappearing after uninstallation and reboot

I did a clean install of the Fall Creators Update (Pro) and tried to uninstall the built-in junk apps (Candy Crush, March of Empires, Facebook, Minecraft, etc.). They uninstall fully but then reappear in the start menu after one or more reboots. The apps do not show up with Get-AppxPackage. This happens even when "Update apps automatically" is disabled in the Store.

One weird behavior is that they don't always reappear after a single reboot - if I uninstall Candy Crush and Facebook then reboot, on the first reboot Candy Crush gets reinstalled then Facebook may get reinstalled a few reboots later.

On my pre-FCU machine the uninstallation was persistent without any registry/GPO hacks so it seems this is something new. Has anyone else been able to successfully remove these apps?

:)

PolarNettles, Oct 17, 2017

2. my phone is uresposive in the lock screen

Uninstall candy crush then Power the phone off then restart. Run it for a day to see if any issues reappear. If none, then reinstall the app and give it a try.

The 1020 should handle the app easily.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Uninstalled apps reappear after reboot

Every time I uninstall the following apps, after reboot they reappear.

I uninstalled by right clicking on the entry in the menu and selecting uninstall.

I have read some solutions on the internet, but none seem to work.

Any ideas?

These are the apps listed in my start menu:

Autodesk Scetchbook

Bubblewitch 3 saga

Candy crush soda saga

March of Empires: War of Lords

Microsoft Solitaire Collection

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition

MSN News

Twitter

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

G C Curtin, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

(FCU) Candy Crush, etc. reappearing after uninstallation and reboot

Brink, Oct 17, 2017
  5. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had already tried setting SilentInstalledAppsEnabled to 0 and the apps still come back.

PolarNettles, Oct 17, 2017
  6. Looks like this was fixed with today's update:

October 17, 2017—KB4043961 (OS Build 16299.19)

Improvements and fixes

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addressed issue where, after removing apps, they're reinstalled on every restart, logoff, and login.

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

(FCU) Candy Crush, etc. reappearing after uninstallation and reboot

1. (FCU) Candy Crush, etc. reappearing after uninstallation and reboot - Similar Threads - FCU Candy Crush

2. candy crush saga

in Windows 10 Gaming
    candy crush saga: I lost my candy crush saga game and desktop icon . reinstalled it I have no desktop icon and have lost all of my progress https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/candy-crush-saga/9339d522-c0be-4736-884c-a696d8520fb2
  3. candy crush

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    candy crush: hello! my name is mariem elmrabit,i'm student at high school technique, i'm from laayoune city in morocco, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/candy-crush/5de2b9bc-eb59-46f0-933a-0888cbfb1c53
  4. candy crush

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    candy crush: my e-mail to candy crush is ............................... but when i try to to the candy shop there is a different e-mail address that i do not recognize nor do i have any way to access the candy shop because i do not have the password. please help me i have been trying to...
  5. Candy Crush

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush: My issue is that when im playing Candy Crush (The one that came preinstalled on Windows 10) the game sometimes freezes. I want to reinstall it or find another way but i went to Control Panel and i can't see the game there. What should i do?...
  6. candy crush soda

in Windows 10 Gaming
    candy crush soda: my candy crush soda app is all black. its like playing in the dark. can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/candy-crush-soda/c6ecfde0-2644-4050-9b31-9869b8b968e5
  7. candy crush & candy crush soda

candy crush & candy crush soda: Hi, can you tell me why candy crush started crashing last month so it got unplayable & in the 7/10 days candy crush soda has started crashing??...
  8. CANDY CRUSH CRASHING

CANDY CRUSH CRASHING: For the past three days Candy Crush keeps crashing during a game, it just shuts down and when I reload, my game is gone and my life count lost. The game loads fine but during a game it freezes for 3 seconds and boots me out. What is happening? There's nothing wrong with my...
  9. Candy Crush

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush: Out of interest, has anybody on this forum ever actually used it? 90652
  10. No Candy Crush Saga

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Candy Crush Saga: I thought win 10 supposed to have this game. Installed win 10 utilizing the MS media creation tool. 10961

Users found this page by searching for:

1. candy crush reappears after restart win 10

2. candy crush games reappear after restart