Windows 10: FCU does not do anything

Discus and support FCU does not do anything in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Woweeee! The ISO file worked like a charm. I was a bit skeptical when I started because when I did the previous Creator Update I got all sorts of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bbinnard, Oct 16, 2017.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

FCU does not do anything

Using the ISO file has always been the historically proven most reliable method of doing major build upgrades since the beginning of Windows 10. I honestly don't understand why anyone who knows the ISO file is available will wait and hope for Windows Update to succeed. But many will post on here for months about not getting the update, or it failing multiple times, but they just simply refuse to try the ISO file method - mostly out of stubbornness, I think.

When the new upgrades come out, I download the ISO file on the first day. Do image backups of my computers using Macrium Reflect, and then upgrade them to the next version manually using the ISO file. I've got a dozen computers on my home network that I manage with 4 users.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

FCU does not do anything

1. FCU does not do anything - Similar Threads - FCU does anything

2. Proxy settings change does not do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy settings change does not do anything: I've been using HTTP PROXY INJECTOR for 3 years. I bought a new laptop recently and the proxy doesn't connect. I'm sure that everything is the same as the previous one. But it does not connect.This laptop does not support any kind of proxy. I've tried a few after the HTTP...
  3. Proxy settings change does not do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proxy settings change does not do anything: I've been using HTTP PROXY INJECTOR for 3 years. I bought a new laptop recently and the proxy doesn't connect. I'm sure that everything is the same as the previous one. But it does not connect.This laptop does not support any kind of proxy. I've tried a few after the HTTP...
  4. does the ' key do anything on the home screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does the ' key do anything on the home screen?: I have a tendency to press this key a lot by accident. Does this do anything specific? I usually just hear the background noise... Thanks. submitted by /u/ConnectAccident [link] [comments]...
  5. ** Does this update have anything to do anything with or make changes to the EFI volume?**

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ** Does this update have anything to do anything with or make changes to the EFI volume?**: Oops: Edit: (KB4524244) - Error 0x800f0922 I was running into this error and tried just about everything to resolve it. I decided to wipe the drive and install Windows x64 1909 from a newly created USB stick and the update failed with the same message. The only thing I can...
  6. Chkdsk instantly completes, does not do anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk instantly completes, does not do anything: I am running a dualboot setup with Linux Mint 19.1 and Windows 10. Recently, I've started to notice that some of the files on my Windows partition have corrupted (so far I've only seen 3 corrupt files in Event Viewer, none of which are important). (It's also worth noting that...
  7. Does WMI Provider Host do anything?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does WMI Provider Host do anything?: So, this thing called WMI Provider Host has been bugging me ever since I knew what took up 25% of my CPU for absolutely no reason. I've been wanting to uninstall this program ever since I knew that, but I don't know what it does to my computer, because it could be a program...
  8. Does anything work

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anything work: I know I am new to Windows 10 and I have used windows of some kind for over 30 years. Right now I am freaking confused. I have only had Windows 10 for just over a week. For a week I have been trying to install Office and get the 1935 every time. Microsoft has no plan to fix...
  9. MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge does not print to Adobe PDF, following FCU: Since installing FCU, MS Edge (my default browser) does not print to “Adobe PDF”. All other apps, including ie 11, have no problem printing to the “Adobe PDF” printer. There was no problem, with Edge before FCU. MS Edge does print with no problem to “Microsoft Print to PDF”,...
  10. FCU and DisplayLink Drivers

in Windows 10 Support
    FCU and DisplayLink Drivers: After the install and reboot of the FCU, a pop up message said that the DisplayLink driver installed on my laptop was not compatible with FCU and has been removed. I had used DisplayLink to connect a second monitor to my HP Laptop via USB. After the reboot, my three...