Windows 10: FCU - Linking Phone to W10 PC - Worth It?

Discus and support FCU - Linking Phone to W10 PC - Worth It? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just had the FCU installed and one of the first things that showed up in EDGE which was open when the reboot finished was the option to link an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Oct 18, 2017.

1. FCU - Linking Phone to W10 PC - Worth It?

I just had the FCU installed and one of the first things that showed up in EDGE which was open when the reboot finished was the option to link an iPhone to the PC. It says I really can't find what this feature does and what advantage it would have, or more importantly, what problems it could cause. So any thoughts would be appreciated.

I do remember in the old Pocket PC 2002 and Windows Mobile days (yes, I am old!!), that you could load a virtual screen of your phone on your PC and operate the phone using the PC. Is this similar to that old feature or is it something different?

Again, thank you for any thoughts.

:)

Gator5000e, Oct 18, 2017
  2. AlanTurk Win User

Blue screen during Windows update

Is the Windows Update Troubleshooter the same thing as Windows Update Assistant? If so, I've been using that unsuccessfully. I tried to download the Troubleshooter, but the laptop didn't download it - nothing happened at all when I clicked the link, which
    is typical of the laptop's erratic behaviour recently.

It did download on my desktop PC, however, but I wonder whether I can simply copy the file (wu170509.diagcab) to the laptop on a USB stick and expect it to work from there. My desktop PC is running W10 Pro, up-to-date including FCU, but the laptop has W10
    Home, so I am concerned that there might be some incompatibility if I try that.

AlanTurk, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Hyper-V virtual switch causes slow download speeds

Actually, no, not "everyone". I have Win 10 Pro FCU and Hyper-V and have no such issues with virtual switches.

Trying a solution that might cost $25 isn't worth it? Up to you of course.

Good luck!

Solar-Eclipse, Oct 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

FCU - Linking Phone to W10 PC - Worth It?

dalchina, Oct 18, 2017
Thema:

FCU - Linking Phone to W10 PC - Worth It?

1. FCU - Linking Phone to W10 PC - Worth It? - Similar Threads - FCU Linking Phone

2. Phone Linked to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Linked to PC: Hello,I received an email that I got a single-use code to my Microsoft account that I never requested. So I logged into my account and find that an unknown number is linked to my pc.Where it says “Phone Linked to PC” there is a number I have never seen before. Does that mean...
  3. Phone Linked to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Linked to PC: Hello,I received an email that I got a single-use code to my Microsoft account that I never requested. So I logged into my account and find that an unknown number is linked to my pc.Where it says “Phone Linked to PC” there is a number I have never seen before. Does that mean...
  4. Phone Link on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link on my PC: I have set up Phone Link on my PC and Link to Windows on my Android phone correctly. They both show "connected". I've been through troubleshooting and everything seems to be in order. Scenario: Suppose my Ring Doorbell rings. It shows the proper notifications in Android. Win...
  5. Linking PC and Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking PC and Phone Companion: I have a Galaxy J2...everything works fine in linking, the audio player, pics, contacts except the dialing pad. it keeps asking for me to setup, then stops and ask to wait and try again...
  6. Linking PC and Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking PC and Phone Companion: I have a Galaxy J2...everything works fine in linking, the audio player, pics, contacts except the dialing pad. it keeps asking for me to setup, then stops and ask to wait and try again...
  7. Question about Linking Phone to W10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Linking Phone to W10 2004: This morning upon booting up, the log in screen was missing the usual fun fact bullets about the background picture, including the top right selection where you can tell Microsoft if you like this picture or not. I assumed it was patch Tuesday because of the missing things....
  8. link phone to pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    link phone to pc: on pc showing some setting hidden or managed by organiza tion of how to link phone to pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/link-phone-to-pc/d9b54741-4343-43f7-8a11-420c45973154
  9. It's time to prepare for W10 FCU

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    It's time to prepare for W10 FCU: Hi, folks Is there any changes in Fall Creators Update, when a clean install is performed? I am more concerned about signing in with a local /offline/ account during setup and later switch to MS account. A screenshot of that particular window will be greatly appreciated....
  10. W10 Worth it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Worth it?: I'm thinking about downloading the beta version of W10 but I'm not sure if it would be worth the time or effort. How does it run? Is it too buggy to be worthwhile? If I do decide to DL it, would you recommend that I install it over my current OS (W8.1) or dual boot?...