Windows 10: Feature 1809 Update installed via Windows Update

Discus and support Feature 1809 Update installed via Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello--During my online session with the notebook connected to the Library's wireless internet Windows Update started getting the Feature 1809 Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DickC1978, May 21, 2019.

1. DickC1978 Win User

Feature 1809 Update installed via Windows Update

Hello--During my online session with the notebook connected to the Library's wireless internet Windows Update started getting the Feature 1809 Update components it needed.

The Update files were saved to directory under Windows. This connection had the remaining update files saved in under two hours and Windows Update was at Pending Install for the Feature 1809 update.

My options have been set to perform Installs after hours, which in my case is 9:30pm

I checked this and Update stated it would install at 9:31pm

I then shut down and packed up the notebook to go home.

At home I booted the notebook and checked some things and copied items I had saved to a flash drive. I do not have a fast internet connection at home, which is only needed to save the Update files

About 4:00pm I opened Windows Update and selected Install Now for the Feature 1809 AMD64 update.

The install proceeded and took about 15 hours to complete.

A few times along the way I was able to view the folders and did find the temporary Windows Update directory that contained the 1809 installation files. I also was able to see some things like the way data and program files are handled to move over to the new system. I was able to see the compressed arrow for the data and program directories that were being saved and moved to the new Windows.

The 1809 installation was complete at 7:00am on 5/19/2019 Status Pending Restart.

The restart process was finished in less than an hour and I had

Today Windows updated got 4 2019-05 Updates for 1809

1809 version 17763.379 installed and showing in Windows update x64 and a HPclass 2/01/2019 driver

Three of the Quality updates are at Pending Restart Status

The HPClass driver is a Pending Install

Again Restart is set to After hours.

Note: Windows Update had installed 39 Quality Updates for 1803 since July 2018 along with 9 Drivers and 10 MST Virus.

Some of the Updates for 1803 started in February for Windows Update with the last one 2019-05

The only issue I had after 1809 finalized with a Restart was the Mute Audio LED was off.

And I did not to change three Desktop Icons that went back to the Default Icons. The Icon files I added were preserved and I just selected change Icon and browse to the location for the ones I wanted.

The new Windows Update seemed to work much better than the one that came with 1703. Last year I had saved the Update Assistant for 1703 and used that one to update to 1709. And I had to wait until July when I had access in a location that I could leave the notebook unattended in to do the Feature Updates.

I would like to have saved the Update ISO and put it on a Flash drive to perform the Upgrades, but I would have access to only one of the Library's wired Internet system and I do not have Administrator privileges that MCT requires even for creating media or and ISO for another PC.

The Wireless connection to the Library's shared Internet is very slow and would take very long to save the 4.7G ISO file.

One last thing is the Start Menu was fixed and showing the Shortcuts under System, the Powershell shortcuts and Window Run.

After one of the updates in February, those were gone from the Start Menu.

Feature 1809 Update installed via Windows Update d7ece4c8-d0ac-4b46-a7f0-f9d8b36907c1?upload=true.jpg

Feature 1809 Update installed via Windows Update af9c7b36-26c8-47a3-bf3d-1e99cc7b93f5?upload=true.jpg Feature 1809 Update installed via Windows Update 24dba56d-0f18-44e1-99b8-548b23cd58e1?upload=true.jpg

Feature 1809 Update installed via Windows Update bef6eb58-a0a9-493d-965a-fde648defefe?upload=true.jpg

:)

DickC1978, May 21, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 21, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 21, 2019
  4. Feature 1809 Update installed via Windows Update

Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed

I downloaded and installed Feature update 1809. However for some reason it did not trigger a Restart.

In 'Update History' it says 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing'.

I have tried a manual restart but the update remains in the same state - that is awaitng a Restart.

I have tried a Systems Restore to get back the a pre-install position, but the Update is still showing in my Update History in the same state.

How can I fix this, either by kicking the final install step into action - or backing out and starting from thr begining?

RicardoLightfoot, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Feature 1809 Update installed via Windows Update

1. Feature 1809 Update installed via Windows Update - Similar Threads - Feature 1809 Update

2. Feature update to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to 1809: Updated my win 10 pro (AMD) to 1809 yesterday 6th Jan '19. after installing all other updates. Took an absolute age to install. Seemed to be OK, but first thing I noticed was right click on desktop and select "NEW" did not produce a menu and froze the PC. It recovered after...
  3. 1809 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1809 Feature Update: Just got the 1809 feature update and when I change to dark background (Personalize > Color > Choose your default app mode), the desktop context menu background does not change color but the text changes to white and you can see it. EDIT: Just found the problem, I was using...
  4. Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed

Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed: I downloaded and installed Feature update 1809. However for some reason it did not trigger a Restart. In 'Update History' it says 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing'. I have tried a manual restart but the update...
  5. Windows Feature update 1809

Windows Feature update 1809: Hi there, Once the windows feature update 1809 update released I downloaded and installed it on my computer and I didn't faced any issues. Due to upgrade process I wiped my windows and reinstalled it again. But currently I have 1803 feature update and cant get the 1809...
  6. WINDOWS 10 1809 FEATURE UPDATE

WINDOWS 10 1809 FEATURE UPDATE: I RESTART MY PC MORE THN 10 TIME BUT UPDATE IS NOT INSTALLING... HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-feature-update/bb58706c-7726-488c-b2b7-a86075f55b1c
  7. Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed

Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed: I downloaded and installed Feature update 1809. However for some reason it did not trigger a Restart. In 'Update History' it says 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing'. I have tried a manual restart but the update...
  8. Windows 10 Feature update 1809 install not completed

9. WINDOWS 10 1809 FEATURE UPDATE

WINDOWS 10 1809 FEATURE UPDATE: I RESTART MY PC MORE THN 10 TIME BUT UPDATE IS NOT INSTALLING... HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-1809-feature-update/bb58706c-7726-488c-b2b7-a86075f55b1c
  10. Windows Feature Update 1809

Windows Feature Update 1809: My feature update stock at 71% for almost an hour, is it normal or what? Also, my task manager is kinda abnormal, windows explorer is causing my memory to go 65% and Service Host:Delivery Optimization is eating my internet bandwidth. Is this also part of windows update or...