Windows 10: Feature Question: Is it possible to use a camera/mic from a laptop im wirelessly connected to?

Discus and support Feature Question: Is it possible to use a camera/mic from a laptop im wirelessly connected to? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm using the "Connect to a wireless display" to extend my desktop computer screen to laptops screen as well. I see it has an option to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Inspector311, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Feature Question: Is it possible to use a camera/mic from a laptop im wirelessly connected to?

Hi guys,

I'm using the "Connect to a wireless display" to extend my desktop computer screen to laptops screen as well.

I see it has an option to use keyboard/input from that laptop too but it would be amazing if I could use the mic/camera from that laptop as well?

That way I don't need to have a separate webcam.

Setup: surface book 3 as the laptop (extra screen) + custom built pc as main

submitted by /u/Inspector311
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Inspector311, Jun 15, 2021
  2. A Gray Win User

Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet

My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly ceased to be connectable wirelessly to the internet. I am using a BT Hub 5 and there is no fault with it as it connects wirelessly to several other computers in the house. I can connect the E Machines using an ethernet cable, and this works well, but any attempt to reconnect wirelessly fails. Could this be a result of the latest Windows update or is there some other fault such as a Registry flaw. I have tried renewing the network settings but no joy. Has anyone got any suggestions?*Sad

A Gray, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Can't wirelessly connect to Samsung TV

If that is the case, we need to clarify a few things first for us to better understand your concern about connecting your computer to your TV using wireless connection. Kindly answer the following:

• Does your TV has a Miracast feature?
    • You mentioned that you're able to project your computer to your TV using wireless connection before. Can you please tell us the step-by-step process on how you connected your computer to your TV using wireless connection.

While we wait for the answers to our questions, there may be a setting on your TV that needs to be activated so that you can connect your computer. We strongly recommend contacting Samsung so that you can verify how you can connect your computer to your
    TV wirelessly.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Feature Question: Is it possible to use a camera/mic from a laptop im wirelessly connected to?

Allow Messenger to use my camera and mic

I can not use messenger on my laptop as it does not recognize the camera and mic. I am in settings, privacy, camera but Messenger is not listed as one of the apps that can use my camera. I do not see how I can add that to the list. It's the same for microphone
    - no place to add Messenger.

I can only use Messenger on my cell phone to chat with camera.

Any suggestions to resolve my problem would be appreciated.

Norma

NormaHumphries, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Feature Question: Is it possible to use a camera/mic from a laptop im wirelessly connected to?

1. Feature Question: Is it possible to use a camera/mic from a laptop im wirelessly connected to? - Similar Threads - Feature Question possible

2. camera& mic not work in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera& mic not work in my laptop: camera& mic not work in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-mic-not-work-in-my-laptop/18f34486-29b5-42a2-a958-4a2f0611da2e
  3. Mic & Camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic & Camera: My mic is not working for any apps, such as discord, nor is my camera. I have tried troubleshooting, restarting my computer, updating my sound settings, etc. I've done research and tried nearly everything, if anyone can help, please do....
  4. Camera & Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera & Mic: How can I test if newly installed camera and microphone work well on desktop using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-mic/3b49e998-11e4-410a-8b33-b932a2e42d7e
  5. Is it possible to use a laptop as an external display without using wireless display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to use a laptop as an external display without using wireless display?: Travelling to uni in the near future and while I have a second monitor I would want to leave one of them at home so I don't have to carry them to uni and back. A solution I came across was using a my laptop as a wireless display which while functional isn't the best...
  6. Connecting Mic on Wireless Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting Mic on Wireless Headphones: I got a pair of Song WH-CH510 Wireless Headphones yesterday. I connected them to my Inspiron 14’s bluetooth and their audio works perfectly fine. However I can’t connect the mic on these headphones no matter what I do. It doesn’t show up in the drop list in input settings, it...
  7. wifi connected but not shown in settings and even im not able to use features like...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connected but not shown in settings and even im not able to use features like...: [ATTACH]wifi connected but not shown in settings and even im not able to use features like microsoft store pls help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connected-but-not-shown-in-settings-and-even/50fc0e35-a2a4-46bc-b95e-37723f54c834
  8. Canon Camera G9X Wireless connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon Camera G9X Wireless connection: I have a Canon G9X mark2 camera. This camera will only transfer wirelessly. Following recent windows updates to Windows 10 I cannot transfer photos from camera to PC using the Camera Window software provided by Canon. If I reset the camera, the PC will try to upload photos...
  9. using camera on laptop

in Cortana
    using camera on laptop: how do i use my built in came a on dell latitude https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-camera-on-laptop/b9768520-47a1-42d3-90fe-4604ca85a223"
  10. wireless connection from camera; network detected cannot join

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless connection from camera; network detected cannot join: I have a new Canon camera that has the possibility of a wireless connection to download photographs. I have followed the (Canon) instructions and the camera detects my home network. When joining this network, I see the two PCs on the network. I choose one to join and then it...