Windows 10: [Feature Request] Index network locations

Discus and support [Feature Request] Index network locations in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Windows used to have the ability to index network locations but that ability is not present in Windows 10. Can Microsoft please allow indexing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aindriu80, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Aindriu80 Win User

[Feature Request] Index network locations

Hi,

Windows used to have the ability to index network locations but that ability is not present in Windows 10. Can Microsoft please allow indexing of network locations? It would make attached USB hard drives on network locations much easier to deal with !

:)

Aindriu80, Nov 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Index locations not all showing up in search

Hello,

There might be some settings missing or corrupted.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to remove the D drive from the indexing and run the indexing troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

• Click on “Search and Indexing” to run the troubleshooter.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Method 2:

Re –build the indexing by adding the D drive and verify the result.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 24, 2018
  4. [Feature Request] Index network locations

Indexing Network Location still not working

Even though I have installed the Add-In for Files on Microsoft Networks from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3383, I still cannot seem to index my network drive (mapped as Y and Z).

Can someone please help me out? Are there steps I can follow? [Feature Request] Index network locations :(

Attached are two screenshots, one depicting the Advanced Indexing Options in Windows, the other depicting all seen locations in This PC.

Please help [Feature Request] Index network locations :(
    [Feature Request] Index network locations 2c470478-5caf-46e7-968e-9b0379a56d10.png

[Feature Request] Index network locations 5627ba6f-0baa-4d99-b9b7-82709dcaad22.png

JebEldridge, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

[Feature Request] Index network locations

1. [Feature Request] Index network locations - Similar Threads - Feature Request Index

2. Update/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update/Feature Request: Hello!I'd like an update on this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-window-closes-before-copying/6d39ed2a-1fee-401a-9c2c-2355f6f88b0aIt's a big flaw in functionality and design. When will this be corrected?And is there are a workaround...
  3. Update/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update/Feature Request: Hello!I'd like an update on this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-window-closes-before-copying/6d39ed2a-1fee-401a-9c2c-2355f6f88b0aIt's a big flaw in functionality and design. When will this be corrected?And is there are a workaround...
  4. Change Selected Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Selected Indexed Locations: Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations "CSC://{S-1-5-21-#####" bunch of numbers. I attached screenshot. It says to this location not available, uncheck to stop find...
  5. Change Selected Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Selected Indexed Locations: Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations "CSC://{S-1-5-21-#####" bunch of numbers. I attached screenshot. It says to this location not available, uncheck to stop find...
  6. Index a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Index a network drive: Hi all I have a 2TB network attached storage NAS drive on my home network. I can't get Windows 10 to index mapped drives on the NAS for fast search results. Can anyone help please - there must be a simple solution, searching is such a basic thing. Thanks Running 64...
  7. Feature Request.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature Request.: I have an ultra-widescreen, when pressing Win key + Left right arrow , it will snap screen left or right ...can we also have a central snap that snaps a window to the center of the screen but keeps the window size to allow you to see a quarter of the desktop either side....
  8. Feature Request

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature Request: This a very mundane feature request, but wanted to see if Microsoft would add a left handed checkmark to the character map. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request/c7da699a-b3ce-4f95-9d43-333db05a2ad0
  9. Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Indexed Locations: Does anybody knows why this "csc://...." thing is in my indexed locations? I cant't get rid of it and everytime i uncheck it it comes again checked. Also when i scroll the mouse over it, it tells me that the location is not available. Help [ATTACH]...
  10. Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.: I'd appreciate opinions about the wisdom of moving the Indexing and Contacts folders off the OS partition. I once tried it with the system default Downloads, Music, and Picturers folders, and it caused a mess. As far as the Contacts folder is concerned, the system doesn't...