Windows 10: feature request: integer scaling instead of highDPI otption for 4k small screen size expirience

Discus and support feature request: integer scaling instead of highDPI otption for 4k small screen size expirience in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the problem is that current highDPI is awful. it's bluring some programm's interfaces, it's messing some programm's interfaces and so on and i don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChExi_hnh, Dec 2, 2022.

1. ChExi_hnh Win User

feature request: integer scaling instead of highDPI otption for 4k small screen size expirience

the problem is that current highDPI is awful. it's bluring some programm's interfaces, it's messing some programm's interfaces and so on and i don't see it possible to fix it with a light job, it have to be totaly revorked i can assume - windows architecture is meant not to implement one functions that overlaps some other functions, for example if Microsoft will finaly make integer scaling works over whole windows system it would still not be affecting some 3d applications because so called lets say windows gui level is stays aside from directx 3d levelbutit still would be great to have any op

:)

ChExi_hnh, Dec 2, 2022
  2. ChExi_hnh Win User

feature request: integer scaling instead of highDPI otption for 4k small screen size expirience

the problem is that current highDPI is awful. it's bluring some programm's interfaces, it's messing some programm's interfaces and so on and i don't see it possible to fix it with a light job, it have to be totaly revorked

i can assume - windows architecture is meant not to implement one functions that overlaps some other functions, for example if Microsoft will finaly make integer scaling works over whole windows system it would still not be affecting some 3d applications because so called lets say windows gui level is stays aside from directx 3d level

but

it still would be great to have any opportunity to replace a highDPI with a integer scaling

why can't i use my videocard scaling? because AMD don't allows to integer-scale on internal laptop's display, i have already written a feature request of that. next, it could be a situation with a old gpu systems which are don't have integer scaling function at all on a hardware level

the best 4k expirience on a small screen size i could have is a upscaled 1080p(fullHD) with integer scaling method

ChExi_hnh, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Da'ud Vyd Win User
    Change text size without scaling all applications on screen?

I have a 4K laptop. I cannot read some applications because the text is too small. When I contact Microsoft support, I'm told to scale all applications, which decreases the available space on my screen. I was told there used to be a Windows option to change
    application font size, but that option was temporarily removed. Is there currently a good fix for this problem?

Da'ud Vyd, Dec 2, 2022
  4. mngerhold Win User

Windows Scaling - Does this Defeat the Purpose of a 4K Monitor?

The answer will depend on how Windows scales the display, and how programs deal with the info Windows supplies about the effective screen size. But unless Windows interpolates the up-scaled pixels (which it might, I don't know), you are bound to lose crispness. Steps of 1 pixel in the original become 1.5 pixels in the scaled display. I have noticed that some apps (by which I mean applications, not the dreadful UWA things) cope better with the 150% I uses on a small-screen (15") laptop: explorer manages a crisp view, Wiztree looks blurry. There is some MS discussion baout this here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-960b99aa347d
    but I didn't really learn anything useful - I haven't read it all.

mngerhold, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

1. feature request: integer scaling instead of highDPI otption for 4k small screen size expirience - Similar Threads - feature request integer

2. feature request: integer scaling instead of highDPI otption for 4k small screen size expirience

in Windows 10 Gaming
    feature request: integer scaling instead of highDPI otption for 4k small screen size expirience: the problem is that current highDPI is awful. it's bluring some programm's interfaces, it's messing some programm's interfaces and so on and i don't see it possible to fix it with a light job, it have to be totaly revorked i can assume - windows architecture is meant not to...
  3. feature request: integer scaling instead of highDPI otption for 4k small screen size expirience

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    feature request: integer scaling instead of highDPI otption for 4k small screen size expirience: the problem is that current highDPI is awful. it's bluring some programm's interfaces, it's messing some programm's interfaces and so on and i don't see it possible to fix it with a light job, it have to be totaly revorked i can assume - windows architecture is meant not to...
  4. screen size scale

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen size scale: [IMG]Anyone can help me to fix this issue. FYI i am using multiple monitor and on my seconday monitor all 4 sides are out of my screen. I tried to adjust resolution but doesn’t work....
  5. Windows 10 4K scaling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 4K scaling: Hai, I’m planning to buy a new monitor. Preferably one with a high resolution whereas a high DPI/PPI. Online I read that windows 10 had issues with scaling for 4K monitors. Everything looks tiny and to fix that people use the scaling feature. But then some programs look...
  6. Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Small then blurry resolution with 4K screen: I have a 4K screen operating on Windows 10. On some applications, the windows and text appear extremely small. Looking online, the solution was to turn on comparability mode for Windows 8 and override DPI scaling. Although this fixes the issue of extremely small windows and...
  7. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  8. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  9. Scaling size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scaling size: We just upgraded to Windows 10 and use TV screen for our monitors. How do I make the scaling size less than 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scaling-size/fec43290-93f7-42b0-a5c6-0a811c87a48d
  10. Scaling 1920x1080 to 4K screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling 1920x1080 to 4K screen: Hello everyone! I have a question that I have not been able to find a proper answer to, and I'm starting to think it's impossible to do. I recently bought a Dell XPS 15 with a 4K screen. I normally don't care for 4K but I thought it would be useful to futureproof my...