Windows 10: Feature Request: Microsoft Update Catalog indicating not only LCUs but necessary SSU for...

Discus and support Feature Request: Microsoft Update Catalog indicating not only LCUs but necessary SSU for... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everybody, i'll try to make my request clear on basis of an example: Together with the release of KB4088889 not only LCUs have to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jügeee, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Jügeee Win User

Feature Request: Microsoft Update Catalog indicating not only LCUs but necessary SSU for...

Hello everybody,

i'll try to make my request clear on basis of an example:

Together with the release of KB4088889 not only LCUs have to be installed on a system, but apparently also the SSU – but the update catalogue does not mention a thing about this fact - it is only written in the MSDN-Detail-Description of the corresponding KB-Number.

It seems also that the SSU can not be installed cumulatively, however the LCUs (by definition) are.

Both are very important information and should be indicated whenever possible (it took me many hours to find that out)

I hope, that others, dealing with Offline Updates for LTSB-Systems, find that useful!

Cheers

:)

Jügeee, Jan 9, 2019

2. What is LCU / SSU

As described in the recent 2 update histories, Microsoft Team can you please elaborate what is SSU and LCU? (Guess: SSU is Servicing Stack Update)

I cannot find a reference for this. Thank you in advance

Important When installing both the SSU (KB4093432) and the LCU updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog,
    install the SSU before installing the LCU.

source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093107

K. Wester-Ebbinghaus, Jan 9, 2019
  3. What is LCU / SSU

Oh thanks, is it possible not to use these abbreviations on the website?

Another question in this regard. It states that you have to install the SSU before the LCU, but does the LCU include this SSU, and for the next months will this SSU be valid to install before the next LCU because I have missed it in March or April?

K. Wester-Ebbinghaus, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Feature Request: Microsoft Update Catalog indicating not only LCUs but necessary SSU for...

What is LCU / SSU

Hi K. Wester-Ebbinghaus,

I have to make some amendments on Ralph Sta's post above. Servicing
    is the name of configuring Windows updates or Windows features (installing, removing updates/features).
    Servicing Stacking Update (SSU) are small patches or changes in the Windows Update components that are required to ensure that the update process goes smoothly.

Latest Cumulative Updates (LCU) are quality improvements, fixes for known issues. As of this writing, the latest Cumulative Update for Windows build 1709 is

KB4093112 (OS Build 16299.371)
    and you are required to install the SSU
    KB4099989
    . This Update for the SSU will make stability improvements for the Windows 10, version 1709 servicing stack.

Answering your question on the validity of a certain SSU after several months. As required by the LCU, you are still required to install the associated SSU to ensure that you won't have issues on the upgrade process later.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Gerald Vit, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Feature Request: Microsoft Update Catalog indicating not only LCUs but necessary SSU for...

1. Feature Request: Microsoft Update Catalog indicating not only LCUs but necessary SSU for... - Similar Threads - Feature Request Microsoft

2. Update/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update/Feature Request: Hello!I'd like an update on this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-window-closes-before-copying/6d39ed2a-1fee-401a-9c2c-2355f6f88b0aIt's a big flaw in functionality and design. When will this be corrected?And is there are a workaround...
  3. Update/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update/Feature Request: Hello!I'd like an update on this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-window-closes-before-copying/6d39ed2a-1fee-401a-9c2c-2355f6f88b0aIt's a big flaw in functionality and design. When will this be corrected?And is there are a workaround...
  4. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  5. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  6. Res API for Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Res API for Microsoft Update Catalog: Hello all, I am trying to find any way how to automatically download KBs from Microsoft update catalog. In our company we should deliver new patches for different versions of windows 1607, 1809, 1909,... I know what to download but do not know how. Is there any official way...
  7. Feature Request.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature Request.: I have an ultra-widescreen, when pressing Win key + Left right arrow , it will snap screen left or right ...can we also have a central snap that snaps a window to the center of the screen but keeps the window size to allow you to see a quarter of the desktop either side....
  8. Feature Request

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature Request: This a very mundane feature request, but wanted to see if Microsoft would add a left handed checkmark to the character map. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request/c7da699a-b3ce-4f95-9d43-333db05a2ad0
  9. Error on Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error on Microsoft Update Catalog: I just download windows update catalog for 86x-based on KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285). But when I try to install it, installation fails and dialog box says some updates were not install. I have run windows troubleshooter and restarted my pc but nothing seems to work. What...
  10. Microsoft Update Catalog Does Nothing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Update Catalog Does Nothing?: As reported in this thread: Cumulative Update KB3120677 Nov. 24th. I can never get the Microsoft Update Catalog downloads to work *Sad It just sits there with a blue IE window with the Microsoft Update Catalog logo top left (see attached) which is after I clicked the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rand mcnally dock

2. rand mcnally dock wont work on windows 10

3. ssu will not install from windows update catalogue

4. rand mcnally tnd dock download