Windows 10: Feature Request - Time based control of websites

Discus and support Feature Request - Time based control of websites in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I know that I can limit access via screen time as well as individual domain control, but my preference would be to have daily limits on websites... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Geoff Weinhold, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Feature Request - Time based control of websites

I know that I can limit access via screen time as well as individual domain control, but my preference would be to have daily limits on websites themselves. For example, 1 hour daily of YouTube.

I saw references to third party apps like Freedom or browser plugins like Intention but having the solution all in MS Family would be great. In the meanwhile, I'm using a docker based solution using e2guardian HTTPS proxy that blocks by time of day.

:)

Geoff Weinhold, Mar 10, 2021

2. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be occurred due to corrupted Windows services and updates.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which account are you facing this issue?
    • Are you connected to Domain?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    You may login to other account and check if the RegEdit works.

I suggest you to modify the registry to increase the default time-out value for the service control manager. To increase this value to 60 seconds, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type regedit, and hit
      enter.
    • Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    • In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
    Note: If the Services PipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click
      DWORD Value.

• Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click Services PipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
    • Click Decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.
    • This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
    • Restart the computer.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: Install all the pending updates logging into Microsoft account and check.

I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps you regarding this issue.

Refer: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Julie fka profjulie, Mar 10, 2021
  4. STEvil Win User

Feature Request - Time based control of websites

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Feature Request - Time based control of websites

1. Feature Request - Time based control of websites - Similar Threads - Feature Request based

2. Update/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update/Feature Request: Hello!I'd like an update on this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-window-closes-before-copying/6d39ed2a-1fee-401a-9c2c-2355f6f88b0aIt's a big flaw in functionality and design. When will this be corrected?And is there are a workaround...
  3. Update/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update/Feature Request: Hello!I'd like an update on this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-window-closes-before-copying/6d39ed2a-1fee-401a-9c2c-2355f6f88b0aIt's a big flaw in functionality and design. When will this be corrected?And is there are a workaround...
  4. Feature request: Microsoft Family Safety - time limit by website

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Feature request: Microsoft Family Safety - time limit by website: Several users have asked how to set time limits by particular websites. I'd like the same, without having to install...
  5. Feature request: Microsoft Family Safety - time limit by website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature request: Microsoft Family Safety - time limit by website: Several users have asked how to set time limits by particular websites. I'd like the same, without having to install...
  6. Feature request: Microsoft Family Safety - time limit by website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Time Based Website Blocking

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Based Website Blocking: Hi, I currently have Microsoft family setup and working normally however I'm looking for more granular control around website blocking. I would like the ability to unblock websites for a specific time window and also allow temporary unblocking of a website when requested...
  8. Feature Request.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature Request.: I have an ultra-widescreen, when pressing Win key + Left right arrow , it will snap screen left or right ...can we also have a central snap that snaps a window to the center of the screen but keeps the window size to allow you to see a quarter of the desktop either side....
  9. Feature Request

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature Request: This a very mundane feature request, but wanted to see if Microsoft would add a left handed checkmark to the character map. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request/c7da699a-b3ce-4f95-9d43-333db05a2ad0
  10. [Feature Request] Mouse and Keyboard Center - controlling volume and media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Feature Request] Mouse and Keyboard Center - controlling volume and media: Hi, Right now the "Mouse and Keyboard Center" not give an option to control the media/volume via special buttons on my Microsoft mice. other products like Logitech have this option. I would be glad if you will add this feature to MS M&K Centre....