Windows 10: feature suggestion - fun vs student profile perfect fit for corona days

Discus and support feature suggestion - fun vs student profile perfect fit for corona days in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi , here is a typical issue that many parents with kids probably are facing, especially now that remote learning became so common. Under normal... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by _gal_, Oct 18, 2020.

1. _gal_ Win User

feature suggestion - fun vs student profile perfect fit for corona days

hi ,

here is a typical issue that many parents with kids probably are facing, especially now that remote learning became so common.

Under normal circumstances I'd like my kids to have a limited quota for using their computers, let's say 2 hours per day.

however - on days of remote learning which are most of the days now I also want them to have enough time for participating remote school activities.

The current features are very limited in allowing that, here are a few examples why:

1. there is only one "hours pool", but what I want is that during school time let's say 8:00 to 13:00 they will have unrestricted time, but in the afternoon only two hours. If I set the limitation to 2 + 5 8:00 to 13:00 hours, it means that every unused minute in the morning becomes available in the afternoon. which is not I mean.

2. there are different setting that apply for school time and "fun time", for example - it would be very helpfull to block games during school time, as its very tempting during a boring lesson : . but clearly - in the "fun time", I don't want this restriction.

3. the "screen time" became totally biased, because I can't say if 5 hours per days means 3hours of school and 2 for gaming, or 0 hours for school and 5 for gaming.

These are just three examples, but I think that overall it would be very helpfull to have multiple profiles for the same user, so I can set differnet app restrictions, differnet times and monitor it separately.

:)

_gal_, Oct 18, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Oct 18, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done feature suggestion - fun vs student profile perfect fit for corona days :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion - Detect GPU driver change and show message/process the changes

Thanks for the feedback. *Wink feature suggestion - fun vs student profile perfect fit for corona days ;) What I suggested has probably been suggested before. That is for W1zzard to judge.
    Please note I have suggested new features for GPU-Z before, and many of them have been implemented. *Wink feature suggestion - fun vs student profile perfect fit for corona days ;)
    Suggestion #2 is not that hard to implement, and I believe it will be a useful addition to an already almost perfect GPU-Z app. *Smile feature suggestion - fun vs student profile perfect fit for corona days :) #1 is even better.

Thema:

1. feature suggestion - fun vs student profile perfect fit for corona days - Similar Threads - feature suggestion fun

2. Suggestion for File Explorer feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suggestion for File Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  3. Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  4. Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature

Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  5. Suggest a feature- Mobile Hotspot

Suggest a feature- Mobile Hotspot: The mobile hotspot is an underlooked feature which could be enhanced a bit by adding a feature to remove, monitor or even limit the bandwidth used by each device....
  6. WINDOWS 10 suggested features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 suggested features: I WOULD LIKE TO ASK MICROSOFT TO ADD THE TAB FEATURE TO THE FILE EXPLORER, AND THIS WOULD HELP TO SEARCH AND LOCATE FILES MORE EASILY AND MORE EFFICIENTLY. MOREOVER, I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO TELL MICROSOFT TO CREATE ANOTHER VERSION OF WINDOWS LIKE WINDOWS 11 OR 12, AFTER WINDOWS...
  7. Where to make feature suggestions?

Where to make feature suggestions?: I didn't find a uservoice for the Windows 10 Mail app. My wish is for an automatic selection of language when typing an email, same as in Outlook (Office 365). That's a great feature that saves a lot of time and correcting auto-correct mistakes. Is there a way to suggest...
  8. Suggestion for taskbar feature.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suggestion for taskbar feature.: Hi Team, I have been using Windows for last 8 years, and its comfortable as well, and recently i found one small feature needed from Taskbar use small taskbar buttons, if enable this i couldn't see date. Can you please make this work or give me some suggestion. Thanks,...
  9. profile pic on student shared laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    profile pic on student shared laptop: Can someone help me delete my profile and pic from a shared student lap top please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/profile-pic-on-student-shared-laptop/81e9ea4a-2bf9-4cbe-9e13-248f4d96b06a
  10. Loading Student Roaming Profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading Student Roaming Profiles: Hi We have windows 10 Pro in our student labs. Whenever a student logs in for the first time it takes a lot of time to prepare his profile and loading files Is it possible to load it faster and have same settings of profile for all users and simply login thanks 45081