Windows 10: Feature Update 1803 has slowed down my PC. Need Help!

Discus and support Feature Update 1803 has slowed down my PC. Need Help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My previous version of windows was faster but this current version 1803 is very slow. It lags the system. Machine hangs at times. Alt+Ctrl+Del stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SusovanRoy, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Feature Update 1803 has slowed down my PC. Need Help!

My previous version of windows was faster but this current version 1803 is very slow.

• It lags the system.
    • Machine hangs at times.
    • Alt+Ctrl+Del stops working. Have to resort to power off and on.
    • Start menu is not transparent
    • I am even unable to remove the updates from "Uninstall Updates" option
    • At startup, it takes ten minutes for the pin entry to input box to start functioning properly.

Please help me resolve this!

:)

SusovanRoy, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 15, 2018
  3. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Kenny4500 Win User

Feature Update 1803 has slowed down my PC. Need Help!

PC very slow after updates

My PC did an automatic update today (June 8) and ever since has been operating very slow. It now takes 30-45 minutes to boot up. I run 64bit Windows 10 v. 1803. Suggestions?

Kenny4500, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Feature Update 1803 has slowed down my PC. Need Help!

1. Feature Update 1803 has slowed down my PC. Need Help! - Similar Threads - Feature Update 1803

2. My pc is slowing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is slowing down: So my Dell Optiplex 7040 has been through a lot and has been slowing down with Windows 10. Please help me with getting Windows back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-slowing-down/7db918f1-5fe3-4923-aad1-292846a43f1f
  3. My pc is slowing down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is slowing down: So my Dell Optiplex 7040 has been through a lot and has been slowing down with Windows 10. Please help me with getting Windows back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-slowing-down/7db918f1-5fe3-4923-aad1-292846a43f1f
  4. My pc is slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PLEASE HELP! MY PC SUDDENLY SLOWED DOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP! MY PC SUDDENLY SLOWED DOWN: So my PC became lagger, open YouTube and others website much slower, receive notification from PC to phone slower, opening games load slower. My spec are all fine10105f+3050+512gb. All is not bottleneck when opening website and games. Or it's because I used utorrent? Because...
  6. PLEASE HELP! MY PC SUDDENLY SLOWED DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE HELP! MY PC SUDDENLY SLOWED DOWN: So my PC became lagger, open YouTube and others website much slower, receive notification from PC to phone slower, opening games load slower. My spec are all fine10105f+3050+512gb. All is not bottleneck when opening website and games. Or it's because I used utorrent? Because...
  7. Windows Update slows down my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update slows down my pc: Hi, I am an old user of windows 10, I updated my pc from win10 version 1909 to 20H2 in the month of March. The update was successful and my pc was normal as beforeupdating, but when I check for updates in the windows update settings page the available updates takes nearly 6-8...
  8. Windows updates slow my PC down

Windows updates slow my PC down: So today I was going to record a YouTube video, when I noticed something wasn't right, the fps boost client was getting 50% less fps then normal, and when I tried running the recorder, when I hit record the entire recording app crashed.I checked task manager to see what was...
  9. Windows 1803 update slows down PC so it can't be used.

Windows 1803 update slows down PC so it can't be used.: My client has a PC that is used for taking x-rays at a Doctors Office. For several weeks now we have been dealing with the Windows 1803 update. The update keeps trying to install during the work day while users are logged in. The install slows the PC down so every mouse...
  10. Has my PC updated to 1803 or not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Has my PC updated to 1803 or not?: I'm afraid I'm a little confused. After the first failed attempt to install the 1803 update I'm not sure if the update has installed on the second attempt or not (despite me trying to stop it), however the 2nd attempt didn't cause any problems. Update History says: Feature...