Windows 10: Feature Update 1803 Kicking Me OUT of My Administrative Privileges

Discus and support Feature Update 1803 Kicking Me OUT of My Administrative Privileges in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had just installed a fresh new copy of Win 10 on my PC yesterday. After leaving it to update for about 3-4 hours I came back to see it's done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by airwaveholla, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Feature Update 1803 Kicking Me OUT of My Administrative Privileges

I had just installed a fresh new copy of Win 10 on my PC yesterday. After leaving it to update for about 3-4 hours I came back to see it's done updating, and I'm on the newest update (not 1809). So I try to install an app by double clicking on a setup file and immediately the system asks for permission (which is normal), however what followed afterwards is an error stating this: "File System Error (-1073741819)". I've looked it up online and the only solution I could find (besides reinstalling Windows) is to run a sfc command through cmd with administrative rights which is supposed to repair my system registry. Problem is, I cannot access the cmd or anything in general using the "run as administrator" option, which renders me unable to run the sfc command. I cannot install apps nor give permissions to any app that is already installed, making them useless as well.

So I gave up and reinstalled Windows and didn't update it for a while, making sure it's working properly. Once I made sure of that, I let it update fully, and it happened again. This time I was completely sure it had to do with a faulty update, and I decided to look for the particular update which was making my system's UAC to crash.

I reinstalled Windows again, set it up for updating and watched closely for the moment I lose my UAC privileges. The updater had successfully installed every single update save for the 1803 Feature Update which had failed to install. After all the updates were done, the updater tried updating to v.1803 a second time - this time it had successfully "started" to install. The installation process was going very slowly; at this point I still had my UAC privileges and was beginning to doubt if it really was the updates that was causing the UAC crash. At about 66% done I checked for UAC again and this time it crashed, finally.

The easy solution now is to reinstall Windows a third time and delay any feature updates for 35 days. However, that is only a temporary solution and I want a permanent one. Please, I need help with this.

:)

airwaveholla, Jan 9, 2019

2. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Feature Update 1803 Kicking Me OUT of My Administrative Privileges

Error: "You need administrator privileges to make the changes" on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about administrator privileges to your user account. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you tried to change the user account to administrator?
    • Have you logged in as an administrator using Microsoft account on your device?
    • Have you enabled Built-in administrator account?

Try the below steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

I suggest you to check the user account and their types on your device.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Check if there are any other user accounts on your device as an administrator.

Step 1: If you have an account with administrative privileges login through that account and try the following steps to change the user account type:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Select Group Membership tab and select the type of user account.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Step 2: If you are a local user, I suggest you to convert the local account to Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Feature Update 1803 Kicking Me OUT of My Administrative Privileges

1. Feature Update 1803 Kicking Me OUT of My Administrative Privileges - Similar Threads - Feature Update 1803

2. Store kicking me out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store kicking me out: This is worst. When I open MS Store it will hangs and never close. I need to restart the computer since I cant close it and I cant do anything in my PC. The task manager will not open as well when the store hangs itself. I was able to use this app before but I cant remember...
  3. Store kicking me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store kicking me out: This is worst. When I open MS Store it will hangs and never close. I need to restart the computer since I cant close it and I cant do anything in my PC. The task manager will not open as well when the store hangs itself. I was able to use this app before but I cant remember...
  4. Store kicking me out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows kicks me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows kicks me out: I have an Alienware computer. Windows 10 I believe. I have an account/profile with a password that I must enter when I boot my computer. I just moved from NY to NJ. When I boot my computer now it asks me to sign into a dell profile not my personal profile. I hit the sign In...
  6. Windows kicks me out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows kicks me out: I have an Alienware computer. Windows 10 I believe. I have an account/profile with a password that I must enter when I boot my computer. I just moved from NY to NJ. When I boot my computer now it asks me to sign into a dell profile not my personal profile. I hit the sign In...
  7. Windows kicks me out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  9. Window 10 kicks me out of my profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window 10 kicks me out of my profile: Hello guys, once in a while, i am kicked out of my profile and all of my things i have are gone. Some programs are still there but everything else is gone. I am wondering why this happen and how to prevent from it. It is a scary feeling. Thank you! Please help. submitted by...
  10. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...