Windows 10: Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question

Discus and support Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello: I'm currently on: Windows 10 Version 1809. Build 17763.529 Clicked on Windows Update in Settings yesterday. Saw Feature Update Version 1903.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by eliuri, Jun 6, 2019.

1. eliuri Win User

Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question

Hello:

I'm currently on: Windows 10 Version 1809. Build 17763.529

Clicked on Windows Update in Settings yesterday. Saw Feature Update Version 1903. Option to "Download and install now"

I see there are many issues outstanding in 1903 and that Microsoft is working on them. I gather they'll be patching that feature update over the next few months?

I do not see option to pause WU in my settings. Possibly because of the earlier build I'm now on.

Questions:

1) If I defer "Download and install now" for a considerable time, and later opt to download and install when I think most major bugs are dealt with, would I then be downloading the very same Feature Update--with all its current bugs-which I was offered yesterday? Or would it be the then current--and hopefully patched-- feature update version?

My plan is to keep postponing installation of this Feature Update version 1903 until many of the bugs MS is working on are fixed..

2) How long can I continue postponing 1903 this way?

I have an old Intel HD Graphics card from 2012. I doubt driver updates are available for it. Since some of the bugs involve Intel HD graphics card, I'd like to postpone this until those bugs --and others--are sorted out

Windows 10 1809 (OS Build 17763.529)

:)

eliuri, Jun 6, 2019
  2. pcman12 Win User

How to get 1903 update?

Option 1

Windows Update downloaded 1903 feature update.

then i get that error once installation starts.

Thank you.

pcman12, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 will not complete download ?

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

I would suggest going through the guided walkthrough for fixing windows update errors. It is a great resource that will take you step by step in order to fix any issues with windows update.

Also to note, for update 1903 I believe you would need to be a part of the windows insider program to receive that update.

Here is the link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/...

I hope this helps!

Thagstrom, Jun 6, 2019
  4. JackPlatt Win User

Question About Windows 10's New "Download And Install Now" Windows Update Option?

Guys,

I understand that in Windows 10, build 1903, a new feature called "Download and Install Now" will be offered in the Windows Update query for new version builds when they are available for your system. Users will always have the option to manually install
    feature updates until the current Windows 10 build on your computer is about to expire, At that time, the new feature build will be installed automatically.

What this means is that only security and stability updates will have full automatic options. The manual install of feature updates will be an Action Center notification that an update is waiting, But the user will have the option to wait until the old
    build is just about to expire before the new Windows feature updates are installed on their own. (Typical support for Windows 10 feature builds is 18 months.) All Windows 10 users will also have the option to pause other updates, (security and stability
    patches) in seven-day cycles for up to thirty-five days. (Five times each time.) This helps the user make sure that there aren't any last minute hiccups with updates.

I read that the "Download and Install Now" is coming for build 1803 and build 1809. Is this true? Or does the "Download and Install" new manual Windows Feature Update Build not begin until build 1903 is on the system?

Jack

JackPlatt, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question - Similar Threads - Feature Update 1903

2. Install optional feature updates automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install optional feature updates automatically: Is there a way I can force the Windows 10 to fully automatically download and install optional feature updates like 20H2 as soon as they are out? submitted by /u/Vinderguy [link] [comments]...
  3. Can't install Feature Update 1903 or 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Feature Update 1903 or 1909: I'm running Windows 10 version 1809 and I've tried numerous times to Download & Install versions 1903 and 1909. They download okay, however, when I try to install they get to a certain point and then I get a message that computer has to undo changes and reverts back to...
  4. 1903 to 1909 feature update question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1903 to 1909 feature update question: Ive been offered the 1909 feature update through Windows Update so I selected Download and Install. Everything was downloaded and installed in around 5 minutes. Ive just checked in Windows Update history under Feature Updates and it says Feature Updates (1) Feature update to...
  5. 1903 to 1909 feature update question

1903 to 1909 feature update question: Ive been offered the 1909 feature update through Windows Update so I selected Download and Install. Everything was downloaded and installed in around 5 minutes. Ive just checked in Windows Update history under Feature Updates and it says Feature Updates (1) Feature update to...
  6. Feature Update To 1903 - "Download and install now" option missing

Feature Update To 1903 - "Download and install now" option missing: [img] I'm sure it was there yesterday, but today it isn't. Btw, ignore flight mode in the taskbar - wifi is activated and signal is strong. Windows 10 1809 running on Acer Iconia w4 32GB. Any ideas would be much appreciated. 139736
  7. Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install?

Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install?: I recently had problems downloading the feature update 1903, then had it fixed. but now it says to install it. Im questioning weather to install it or not because of my past experience....
  8. feature update 1903

feature update 1903: Hi all. Having tried to install this update yet again it freezes @ 48% on install. I have run an iso file from m/soft to install which was done as a offline installation with A/virus disabled temporary. this has happened four times now. Do I need this update?...
  9. Feature update to 1903 stuck on download 99%

Feature update to 1903 stuck on download 99%: So I checked WU today and the latest feature update was offered. I’m just over an hour in since requesting but having reached ‘downloading 99%’ it seems to of stayed like this for a good 25-30 minutes. Is this normal? Granted it’s not a quick machine (celeron) and maybe...
  10. Question About Windows 10's New "Download And Install Now" Windows Update Option?

Question About Windows 10's New "Download And Install Now" Windows Update Option?: Guys, I understand that in Windows 10, build 1903, a new feature called "Download and Install Now" will be offered in the Windows Update query for new version builds when they are available for your system. Users will always have the option to manually install feature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Download and install now 1903

2. feature update download and install 1903 now iso