Windows 10: Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install?

Discus and support Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had problems downloading the feature update 1903, then had it fixed. but now it says to install it. Im questioning weather to install it or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EthanKetterer, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install?

I recently had problems downloading the feature update 1903, then had it fixed. but now it says to install it. Im questioning weather to install it or not because of my past experience.

:)

EthanKetterer, Jul 22, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 1903 update

Hi Jruitha

Feature update 1903 is being released in a stepped process, initially users need to click the 'Update Now button'

Microsoft has certain PC architectures blocked while they watch how the upgrade is progressing, they are working on this constantly and are adjusting the update until it is suitable and safe on all PC's

While this is an inconvenience to have to wait on 1903, it is better to wait just a little while, rather than having your system bricked by an update that is incompatible with your PC . . .

DaveM121, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

Andre:

1. Why are all of the links that you listed not completed. On my computer currently it has Windows 10 Home Version 1803, installed 6/29/2018 with O.S. Build 17134.799. It has used space of 187 GB and 257 GB of free space.

I attempted to install Version 1903 Manually, through Settings/Windows Update, Windows 10 Update Assistant, and other ways without success. I have spent the better part of the past 3 days trying to get this accomplished on my laptop. It has worked on my
    PC but not on the laptop.

Listed below are the different error messages that I get after the download stops each time at 90% and converts back to previous settings:

a. Windows 10, Version 1903 error message (0x80240034)

b. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x800703fb)

c. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0xC1900101 - 0x4000D)

d. Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1903, We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x80070652)

If there are ways to get this latest update installed on my laptop, please let me know what I have to do in detail, step by step.

David

explorer446, Jul 22, 2019
  4. RAPXV Win User

Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install?

May 1903 Update is out

S and S,

I have received the newest WIN 10 feature update (1903).

There is a link provided to download and install it whenever I'm ready.

What I'm afraid might happen is if I click on "Get Updates" to get my daily antivirus updates, it may trigger the download and installation of the 1903 feature update too. I seem to remember that happening to me once in the past but I don't trust my memory.

Logic would suggest that by providing a link to the downloading and installation of version 1903, that it would be totally separate from any other type of update downloads (ex. malicious tool, runtime, antivirus, etc).

What do you think?

Should I wait and click on "Get Updates" in the morning, in case 1903 gets triggered and I need time for the download and install? Or can I safely click on "Get Updates," tonight, to get and install the latest antivirus definitions for today? There are usually
    2-4 of them daily.

I have a metered internet connection so I have to use the "Get Updates" button throughout the day.

RAP

RAPXV, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install?

1. Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install? - Similar Threads - Feature update 1903

2. Can't install Feature Update 1903 or 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Feature Update 1903 or 1909: I'm running Windows 10 version 1809 and I've tried numerous times to Download & Install versions 1903 and 1909. They download okay, however, when I try to install they get to a certain point and then I get a message that computer has to undo changes and reverts back to...
  3. PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903

PROBLEM FEATURE UPDATE TO 1903: I am unable to update to Feature Update version 1903 (3) , I understand that the previous one is ending on 12 Nov 19. Last message in update history is Last failed install attempt on ‎08-‎11-‎2019 - 0xc1900101. Whenever I try to update it keeps on updating for a long...
  4. Windows 10 Feature Update, version 1903 not installing

Windows 10 Feature Update, version 1903 not installing: A few days ago I got a notification telling me to update my Windows. After restarting my system I saw that it was requesting me to download and install the updates again. Repeat this for about 3 days, trying to troubleshoot as many things as I could, I still can't get it to...
  5. Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903 not installing

Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903 not installing: Why is it that the Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1903 repeatedly fails to successfully download and install on my PC? Each day, when I check for updates, the download status is indicated as Pending Download. After a while, it says : Downloading 0% but when the...
  6. Cant update to 1903 features.

Cant update to 1903 features.: Receive 1901 error code, unable to update one or more components. Update fails and system goes back (uninstalls) Lenovo machine. Updated drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-to-1903-features/027c4ab5-141d-4598-a13d-81108e91385f
  7. Windows Feature Update 1903

Windows Feature Update 1903: So tonight I noticed that over 7 gbs of my hard space was gone. I regularly check it so it's definitely something I noticed. I checked to see if Windows was trying to update and in fact it was even though I have my updates turned off or it needs to ask before it starts....
  8. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903 will not install

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903 will not install: I 've been trying to install this update for weeks, wasting hours of my time. I've tried just about everything suggested. It will get to the point of restarting and installing updates reaching about 28% and then restarts saying "undoing changes made to your computer". I was...
  9. feature update 1903

feature update 1903: Hi all. Having tried to install this update yet again it freezes @ 48% on install. I have run an iso file from m/soft to install which was done as a offline installation with A/virus disabled temporary. this has happened four times now. Do I need this update?...
  10. Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, feature 1903: Hello. I keep getting this message- Getting things ready- for the feature update to version 1903. It is stuck at 71 percent since yesterday. The very first time I tried downloading the update, the error code was 0x80240034. Please help. Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows update 1903 safe to install

2. safe to install 1903

3. feature update 1903 safe?

4. is it ok to install window 1903