Windows 10: Feature Update 2004 stuck at 90%

Discus and support Feature Update 2004 stuck at 90% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night I my computer tried to install Feature Update 2004 for the 4th time in about 4 weeks - a dismal failure again. It sticks at 90% and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by damnyankee, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Feature Update 2004 stuck at 90%

Last night I my computer tried to install Feature Update 2004 for the 4th time in about 4 weeks - a dismal failure again. It sticks at 90% and I've left it alone for up to 12 hours with no success. Last night I started the update about 7pm and this morning at 9am it was still stuck at 90%. I've wasted hours trying to find a solution or waiting for the system to recover back to the previous version. This is ridiculous. Same problem on my Wife's computer. And this is not the first update that has caused this problem - every feature update does, though in the past it's finally installed after 2 or 3 tries. I've searched the MS site but apparently don't know how to state the issue because I cannot find a solution, though I do find many similar complaints.

:)

damnyankee, Aug 1, 2020

2. 2004 update

after feature update, i lose ability to do further windows updates. windows update no longer listed in services. after replacing os image with previous 1907 image. update returns until retrying 2004 feature update. obviously a bug with 2004 that removes
    windows update from services list immediately after installing feature update. until this issue is addressed, i will be stuck with 1907. obviously, since i have a 100% working 1907 disk image, i am open to trying anything without fear of corrupting my os,
    as i can ghost 1907 over 2004.

randysimmons2, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Feature Update Win 10 Pro 2004

The Feature Update Win 10 2004 appears to have installed successfully on my computer.

It is listed in Settings, System, About.

However, the Update has wiped out all of my previous Windows Update, View Update History which is now blank.

Moreover, the Feature Update Win 10 2004 itself is not listed in Settings, Update and Security, Windows Update, View Update History.

Is this important?

And if so, how can it be repaired?

Thanks.

RogerSquier, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Feature Update 2004 stuck at 90%

Issue after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

On 06/12/2020 My Laptop get updated with Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. After the updation I’m finding few issue in my laptop.

They are listed as:

1. The up arrow key is not working.
    2. Pressing Caps lock key activate hot key. Once Caps lock key pressed 4444 or ////// keep on typing until the interruption.
    3. You Tube videos get stuck up in the middle and to fix it I need to restart it.

ShekharRanjan, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Feature Update 2004 stuck at 90%

1. Feature Update 2004 stuck at 90% - Similar Threads - Feature Update 2004

2. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update stuck at 90: My feature update stuck at 90 percent and does nothing in 2 hours now. I cant wait any longer and I have important meeting that I need to attend in this PC. I cant wait for it to restart but it does not move. Please I need your help....
  3. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update stuck at 90: My feature update stuck at 90 percent and does nothing in 2 hours now. I cant wait any longer and I have important meeting that I need to attend in this PC. I cant wait for it to restart but it does not move. Please I need your help....
  4. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update stuck at 90%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck at 90%: I left my PC to update last night. 13 hours later and it is still stuck at “Working on updates 90%”. I have a 1 TB HDD, and I have plenty of space left. Any help? submitted by /u/Arget54 [link] [comments]...
  6. Stuck on 20H2 update at 90%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on 20H2 update at 90%: I turned on my laptop today and my HDMI connection wasn't working(Worked night before). So I tried to install latest Nvidia graphics driver but it said 'not compatible with windows version installed' something like that. So I checked windows update and saw version 20H2(Was...
  7. Windows feature update 2004 stuck at downloading 100%

Windows feature update 2004 stuck at downloading 100%: Recently i sign in windows insider programm to install windows update version 2004 but it stuck at "downloading 100%" and continue to consume data . So please help me to solve this problem.......
  8. Windows Update stuck at 90%

Windows Update stuck at 90%: Woke up to find Windows Update stuck at 90% for hours, should I turn it off? How long is this update supposed to take? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-at-90/aa140983-0d23-4f0c-83ab-aad365c3aa4b
  9. update stuck at 90%

update stuck at 90%: after windows tell me to restart the computer, it gets stuck at 90% for more than 10 hours long, and I've tried to update & had this for 3 times, still not getting up to date. current version 1803, attempt to update to 1903. tried troubleshooting windows update but this...
  10. Windows Update Stuck at 90%

Windows Update Stuck at 90%: My computer was acting a bit sluggish so I closed out all of my programs and decided to reboot it. When I did it gave me the option of making updates then restarting which I chose. It has now been over 3 hours, two of those hours stuck on the screen saying that it is at...