Windows 10: Feature Update 20H2 could not be installed and will no longer appear in "Windows Update"

Discus and support Feature Update 20H2 could not be installed and will no longer appear in "Windows Update" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to install feature update 20H2 yesterday, but I came across a blank black screen and no startup splash, I rebooted and Windows Update is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmarantaMora, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Feature Update 20H2 could not be installed and will no longer appear in "Windows Update"

I tried to install feature update 20H2 yesterday, but I came across a blank black screen and no startup splash, I rebooted and Windows Update is not only very slow to start, but I find that the feature update had no effect and I am still operating on Windows version 1909. There is no longer any Windows Update message to update more, and the message that is initially displayed to notify me of the existence of 20H2 does not appear after several updates. What I can do?

:)

AmarantaMora, Apr 10, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Apr 10, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 10, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Feature Update 20H2 could not be installed and will no longer appear in "Windows Update"

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Feature Update 20H2 could not be installed and will no longer appear in "Windows Update"

1. Feature Update 20H2 could not be installed and will no longer appear in "Windows Update" - Similar Threads - Feature Update 20H2

2. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20H2 Feature Update: I have lenovo 310 desktop. I have tried for months to upgrade to 20H2 but without success. I have tried everything but could not update. It prepares 100%, downloads 100% installs 100% but fails to restart every time and says undoing changes, any suggestions please...
  3. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20H2 Feature Update: I have lenovo 310 desktop. I have tried for months to upgrade to 20H2 but without success. I have tried everything but could not update. It prepares 100%, downloads 100% installs 100% but fails to restart every time and says undoing changes, any suggestions please...
  4. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. feature update 20h2

feature update 20h2: dear windows expert;i got a notification about the end of my windows10 release and a feature update being available...i tried MANY times to realize this update; all was unsuccessful...i got advice from you and following your stepsdeleting ALL previous updates and reinstalling...
  6. Can't install feature update 20H2

Can't install feature update 20H2: I have tried several solutions but to no avail. Here is my windowsupdatelog text file https://gist.githubusercontent.com/berserker1/fa08d438a2d193e82c4afe3a85d4543b/raw/788836a365c0b3703d94ed9ee8dd7f3cc061990d/error.txtThe errors that come actually are like this:2021-06-19...
  7. Feature update 20H2

Feature update 20H2: I fully understand that my Windows is now out of date.I do not want it. It says "pending restart".What do I have to do to keep it from installing. Continue to move the scheduled restart date in perpetuity?I am not able to do highly technical things to stop this. I have seen...
  8. Trouble installing 20H2 feature update

Trouble installing 20H2 feature update: I have attempted to install this update on a number of occasions but it fails with the following error code 0x800700a1. I used the update troubleshooter which made a number of changes to my laptop but now it says "my device is missing important security & quality fixes".I...
  9. feature update to 20H2

feature update to 20H2: Is this an optional feature. Does it mean that it is installing the feature update on my computer? I'm not on 20H2. Does that supersede 1900? to whomever doesn't have the patience to help me, let someone else answer. I have had problems. thanks...
  10. Feature Update 20H2 failed to install, and will no longer show up in "Windows Update"

Feature Update 20H2 failed to install, and will no longer show up in "Windows Update": I attempted to install feature update 20H2 earlier this morning, but I was met with a blank, black screen and no startup splash as well as a solid, unblinking HDD light. I rebooted presumably before the installation could take effect and Windows Update is not only very slow...