Windows 10: Feature Update 20H2 - Secure Channel Broken

Discus and support Feature Update 20H2 - Secure Channel Broken in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out here? I have a small home network, comprised of 6PCs that are members of a Windows Domain. I have 2 Domain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by spotlizard, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Feature Update 20H2 - Secure Channel Broken

Hi,
    I'm hoping someone can help me out here?

I have a small home network, comprised of 6PCs that are members of a Windows Domain. I have 2 Domain Controllers running Server 2016.

Since installing Feature Update 20H2 on one of my machines I've been seeing errors at logon "The Security Database on the Server does not have a Computer Account for this Workstation Trust Relationship".

The machine in question was cloned from an older computer that suffered hardware failure but has been working perfectly well in my domain. Until now.

In the Event Viewer there are Security Audit failures that specify a NULL SID, which I'm attributing to the machine being cloned. I ran a query in PowerShell to test the secure channel. It is broken. I tried to fix this in PowerShell but any attempt to repair the channel return a value of "False". Ordinarily I would just remove it from the domain and rejoin BUT this computer is my primary audio/video system. I have a TON of audio apps and projects on their so HAVING A NEW USER PROFILE IS NOT AN OPTION HERE.

If I disconnect the Ethernet cable I can login with cached credentials and when I plug the cable back in everything works fine (until the next time I try to login). I can run a PowerShell command to reset the machine password in AD BUT when I do this the machine restarts and creates a new profile for my user account (I had the foresight to image this machine right after I installed the feature update, so I can restore it to a state where my profile is intact.

What I've Tried

1. Repairing the secure channel using PowerShell - Failed
    2. Removing the PC from the domain and rejoining the same domain - Succeeded but broke the user profile (new desktop, apps not registering etc.)
    3. Resetting the machine password in AD - Succeeded but broke the important user profile.
    4. Ran an NSLOOKUP on the problem machine, which correctly identifies the primary DC and also the secondary.
    5. Reset the computer's account in the domain
    6. Ran repadmin /syncall /AdeP on the DCs. Replication completed without errors
    7. Ran an ipconfig/all on the PC, which correctly displays network settings (including DNS)
    8. Tried turning off IPv6 and enabled "Enable NETBIOS over TCP/IP" - No difference

What I'm looking for is a non-destructive way to repair the secure channel (one that does not lead to resetting the user profile).

I realize this one is a bit off the wall but would be grateful for any suggestions anyone could offer that might steer me in the right direction. Even something that would allow me to create a clone of the user profile, so I don't lose access to my apps, that could be restored after a domain unjoin/rejoin

Best regards

:)

spotlizard, Apr 2, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Installing 20H2 update

Hi Syed

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

As always, installing any Insider build does come with some possibility that your PC could not work correctly or even crash.

The Beta channel is more stable than the Dev Channel, so that build may be stable on your PC, though with a feature update like 20H2 I would wait for that to appear on the Release Preview Channel

DaveM121, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Installing 20H2 update

mohammedmainuddin, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Feature Update 20H2 - Secure Channel Broken

Installing 20H2 update

Are there any disadvantages about installing Windows 10 20H2 update from Beta Channel

SyedNoor Ali, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Feature Update 20H2 - Secure Channel Broken

1. Feature Update 20H2 - Secure Channel Broken - Similar Threads - Feature Update 20H2

2. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20H2 Feature Update: I have lenovo 310 desktop. I have tried for months to upgrade to 20H2 but without success. I have tried everything but could not update. It prepares 100%, downloads 100% installs 100% but fails to restart every time and says undoing changes, any suggestions please...
  3. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20H2 Feature Update: I have lenovo 310 desktop. I have tried for months to upgrade to 20H2 but without success. I have tried everything but could not update. It prepares 100%, downloads 100% installs 100% but fails to restart every time and says undoing changes, any suggestions please...
  4. 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. feature update 20h2

feature update 20h2: dear windows expert;i got a notification about the end of my windows10 release and a feature update being available...i tried MANY times to realize this update; all was unsuccessful...i got advice from you and following your stepsdeleting ALL previous updates and reinstalling...
  6. Feature update 20H2

Feature update 20H2: I fully understand that my Windows is now out of date.I do not want it. It says "pending restart".What do I have to do to keep it from installing. Continue to move the scheduled restart date in perpetuity?I am not able to do highly technical things to stop this. I have seen...
  7. feature update to 20H2

feature update to 20H2: Is this an optional feature. Does it mean that it is installing the feature update on my computer? I'm not on 20H2. Does that supersede 1900? to whomever doesn't have the patience to help me, let someone else answer. I have had problems. thanks...
  8. Latest feature update is broken

Latest feature update is broken: Somehow the update gives a MAJOR slowdown on older computers. It brings the GPU up to 100% usage, and the same applies to SSD usage. For some reason I've found the problem on my GF's computer that has Razer Game Service that made the computer spike up in usage. Turns out the...
  9. Windows 20H2 Feature Update

Windows 20H2 Feature Update: Hello Everyone, Can someone help me find out why the 20h2 update wont go through every time I have downloaded and installed it. As soon I select restart I can see it's configuring update however when the pc finally boots up after may be a minute or two I receive...
  10. Realtek High Definition Audio drivers broken and no sound after feature update 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek High Definition Audio drivers broken and no sound after feature update 20H2: After feature update 20H2, I no longer have sound from speakers and headphone jack. Unable to install or update drivers. Various Realtek drivers installs "spin for a long time" then fail to install. In fix available? I was able to get sound to work from the speaker...