Windows 10: Feature update from 1607 --> 1803 failing during creation of WindowsBT folder

Discus and support Feature update from 1607 --> 1803 failing during creation of WindowsBT folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, We are using SCCM to upgrade from 1607 --> 1803. A small number of our machines are failing very quick after attempting the upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tony_ML, May 8, 2019.

1. Tony_ML Win User

Feature update from 1607 --> 1803 failing during creation of WindowsBT folder

Hello,

We are using SCCM to upgrade from 1607 --> 1803. A small number of our machines are failing very quick after attempting the upgrade. They unpack 62.5 MB of content to the WindowsBT folder and then just stop. The logs don't indicate anything of significance. I have attempted to clear out the WindowsBT directory and also cleared out the software distribution with no success. I have run DISM and SFC scannow and nothing comes up. I don't see any previous attempts. We know we can re image and resolve the issue, our goal is to be able to complete the upgrade with our normal process to not cause user outage during a re image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

:)

Tony_ML, May 8, 2019
  2. Delly10 Win User

1607 Feature Update failed

After getting my new laptop a couple months ago, I decided not to do do Windows Updates for fear of encountering the problems of the Anniversary Update that were reported. Now I heard that a fix was finally included and decided to go ahead and allow my computer to update. It downloaded 8 different items successfully, but only 7 of them installed. The one that failed was called something like "1607 Feature Update". I believe 1607 is a number associated with the Anniversary update, although I could be mistaken. But after rebooting my computer after the other updates installed, I don't notice anything different, so it looks like I don't have any new features.

Is the 1607 Feature Update the Anniversary update that was supposed to give us new features? Will my computer still be secure without it? It's mainly the updated security that caused me to do Windows Updates at all.

Delly10, May 8, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 8, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Windows 10 1607 to 1703 Creators update fails with 0xC1900101 - 0x30018

Hi,

Normally, we suggest reverting back to the previous Windows update which is 1607. To do that, follow the steps below.

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back.

This is only a workaround that should work on your end.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Josef Bri, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Feature update from 1607 --> 1803 failing during creation of WindowsBT folder - Similar Threads - Feature update 1607

2. feature update from 1803 to1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    feature update from 1803 to1903: update starts then says can't finish. error code 0xC1900101. only have keyboard, mouse and tv connected. best drivers installed according to device manager. I am not very tech savvy so please use kiddy language for me...
  3. Windows Feature Update 1803 repeatedly fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Feature Update 1803 repeatedly fails: For over a year Feature Update 1803 has failed to install. Every few weeks (sometimes more frequently) it tries to install and fails. It tries several times and then stops for awhile before trying again. The initial error says Memory Management. In the update history it says:...
  4. Update from 1709 to 1803 failed

Update from 1709 to 1803 failed: Hello, For the past year I haven't been able to update my laptop (Asus ROG strix gl502vm) to the next version of windows. I am able to download the update but as soon as my pc restarts to install the updates it runs into a problem: Stopcode Memory Management. Then the pc...
  5. Win10 Enterprise failed to feature update 1803

Win10 Enterprise failed to feature update 1803: Hello! I bought a new laptop and installed Win10 Enterprise on it then when it begun feature updating 1803 the installation of the update took very long time, more than 2 hours and it never updated but error message pop up"0x80070bc4". I ran sfc/scannow and this is the CBS...
  6. Manually update windows 2016 from 1607 to 1803

Manually update windows 2016 from 1607 to 1803: Hello I have looked on the 'catalog' and cannot seem to locate a 'update' that will upgrade/update/get my server from 1607 to 1803 in a single download. Is there a way to locate or do this? I am trying to avoid letting 'auto update process' do this so very slowly and...
  7. Updating from version 1607 to 1803.

Updating from version 1607 to 1803.: Bear in mind I'm just a casual user. No business. I use this little Stream laptop. 4g ram When I try to update, it says I need a min of 8. Dummy me, I thought using one of those mini-cards would be of use. It has over 14 g free. Guess not. What do I need to get to...
  8. 1607 Feature Update failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1607 Feature Update failed: After getting my new laptop a couple months ago, I decided not to do do Windows Updates for fear of encountering the problems of the Anniversary Update that were reported. Now I heard that a fix was finally included and decided to go ahead and allow my computer to update. It...
  9. Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!)

Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!): If you look up my threads, you'll find that last winter going from 1511 to a properly working 1607 proved impossible after seven tries, so I cleared the system SSD, disconnected all the other HDD/SSD's and did a clean reinstall. Well, same thing is happening with 1611 to...
  10. Update from 1511 to 1607 failing

Update from 1511 to 1607 failing: Win 10 Pro i7 desktop (upgraded from 8.1), 1511 working fine. Tried four times this week to go from 1511 to 1607 and failed four times. Well, actually the first time via USB setup it succeeded, but when a day later I needed to boot into Safe Mode, startup ran on and on (four...