Windows 10: Feature update from Windows 10 Pro v1909 keeps failing

Discus and support Feature update from Windows 10 Pro v1909 keeps failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to update my Windows 10 installation from v1909 to 2004/20H2/21H1 since May 2020, but the update always fails.The update downloads and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 00iv00, May 12, 2021.

1. 00iv00 Win User

Feature update from Windows 10 Pro v1909 keeps failing

I've been trying to update my Windows 10 installation from v1909 to 2004/20H2/21H1 since May 2020, but the update always fails.The update downloads and starts installing normallyOn the first reboot I get a blue screen with stop code "system thread exception not handled"I reboot and get "Attempting to recover installation" I might get another blue screen hereI reboot again and get "Undoing changes made to your computer", and it rolls back to v1909I've also tried updating with the Windows 10 Update Assistant, with the same results.After the last failed attempt yesterday, the problem is now com

:)

00iv00, May 12, 2021

2. Windows Update keeps failing!

Yea, that was going to be my next suggestion, if "Safe mode" did not work... I didn't want to scare him just yet.. *Toast :toast: There is a new feature in Windows 8 that will let you go back to a fresh install with just a few clicks. It should help a lot non pro's to start over fresh. *Toast :toast: But this is no help to him.. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, May 12, 2021
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 12, 2021
  4. Feature update from Windows 10 Pro v1909 keeps failing

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Feature update from Windows 10 Pro v1909 keeps failing

1. Feature update from Windows 10 Pro v1909 keeps failing - Similar Threads - Feature update Pro

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 keeps failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 keeps failing: Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2Status: Installing - 61% <== stuck hereFeature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 6Last failed install attempt on ‎9/‎13/‎2021 - 0x800704c7Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 16Last failed install attempt on ‎8/‎8/‎2021 -...
  3. Windows Feature Update Keeps Failing

Windows Feature Update Keeps Failing: I had issues over the last several months of getting the Windows Feature Updates installed on my system. This applies to both the 1903 and 20H2 updates and I receive the following code 0xc1900101 on both updates. I tried to search around for answers and saw one thread...
  4. Windows 10 v1909 Update

Windows 10 v1909 Update: Today (Patch Tuesday?), I was notified of the update to v1909. I duly performed this but was surprised that this update was performed very quickly; in fact in minutes! On restart, I went and viewed the installed updates and saw:- "Feature update to Windows 10, version...
  5. New features for IT Pros in Windows 10 v1909

in Windows 10 News
    New features for IT Pros in Windows 10 v1909: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has officially started rolling out Windows 10 v1909 November 2019 Update for both consumers and enterprises. In this post, we are looking at the new features that have been introduced that will interest IT Pros especially! New features for [...]...
  6. Features removed in Windows 10 v1909

in Windows 10 News
    Features removed in Windows 10 v1909: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has released a list of features and functionalities removed from Windows 10 v1909. If you want to find out what’s going away or features or functionalities removed in Windows 10 v1909, check out the list below. List of features [...] This post...
  7. Feature update 1903 keeps failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature update 1903 keeps failing: I think I've tried installing it four times now. Always ends up stuck at 27%. I think first time I gave it like 2 hours, lately I've only given it like 30 minutes. Hard drive light is just blinking regularly during that time, so seemingly no activity. I only have the generic...
  8. What is new in Windows 10 v1909 November Feature Update

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Windows 10 v1909 November Feature Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft is prepping Windows 10 v1909 November Update, aka 19H2, and to those who are not tracking, it doesn’t roll out any major feature. For a change, Microsoft decided to step back and made sure to fix all problems with [...] This post What is new in...
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 Keeps Failing

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 Keeps Failing: I cannot seem to get this patch 1803 going. It either stuck at 0% forever, or keeps failing upon reaching 100%. I even downloaded the direct installer and tried with the mediacreation tool direct exe installer, as well as running upgrade install dvd bootup. Both brings me to...
  10. Windows 10 Feature update 1709 keeps failing to install

Windows 10 Feature update 1709 keeps failing to install: I had similar troubles when upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 but managed to get through it by removing all usb peripherals except keyboard and mouse. I recently upgraded my motherboard, ram, cpu and graphics card. I was online with Microsoft for an hour fixing the...