Windows 10: Feature Update Removes Taskbar Icons and some Programs

Discus and support Feature Update Removes Taskbar Icons and some Programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I believe this to be a development oversight. An update is simply that - an installation of newer components of the existing software in its current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by C_Schultze, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Feature Update Removes Taskbar Icons and some Programs

I believe this to be a development oversight.
    An update is simply that - an installation of newer components of the existing software in its current configuration. That means if you didn't select certain components, they should remain unaffected.
    The feature updates (FU) seem to be more like build upgrades. I just wanted to bring the issue to the developers' attention, as I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have been affected by this.

• I had RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) installed and it disappeared after installing both of the last two FUs. It's basically additional control panel items, so the fact they disappeared tells me the whole Control Panel was just overwritten.
    • My Internet browsers and SSRS disappeared from the taskbar.
    • Windows features that I had disabled/uninstalled have annoyingly returned.
    • My database connection history disappeared from SSMS and Oracle SQLDeveloper, which was a major annoyance, as I had to obtain the connection strings from the providers.
    • Also, I'm pretty certain I had just the regional version originally but now it looks like I have the full MUI. I don't want my SSD clogged with languages I don't speak - keep it lean, Microsoft!

I have (and I would presume many other users have) spent some time customising Windows to operate just the way I like it - concise, unintrusive and tuned for performance and convenience. Why must I repeat my customisations with every update?

All-in-all, I'd really rather not receive an "F.U." from Microsoft if this is the shape of things to come.
    Send us Patch Tuesday again and "F.U." back.

:)

C_Schultze, Aug 16, 2018

2. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 16, 2018
  4. DRDNA Win User

Feature Update Removes Taskbar Icons and some Programs

Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Feature Update Removes Taskbar Icons and some Programs

1. Feature Update Removes Taskbar Icons and some Programs - Similar Threads - Feature Update Removes

2. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  3. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  4. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  6. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  7. Taskbar Icon Removal

Taskbar Icon Removal: Is there a way to remove a taskbar icon? completely remove so it's not in that hidden space either. Ok so I know the answer is no, I am posting this suggestion so that maybe it gets traction and Microsoft does something. My thought is there should be three levels of icons...
  8. email programs/features icons

email programs/features icons: None of my email accounts, Outlook, G-mail, Yahoo appear in any lists or on start menu. Should they be shown on start menu and in programs and features or somewhere on my pc. I can only open them via taskbar icons. But I think they should certainly be listed somewhere in...
  9. Remove some usefull feature

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove some usefull feature: After 1903 update Windows Hello face and separate brightness option are permanently removed. So I asked the developers to enable those options again. Here are the screenshots for better understandings. Before the update these two features are there but now brightness option...
  10. Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features...: Some (3, out of maybe 20) of my installed Programs, all working perfectly well, are not listed in Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Any ideas on how to rectify this, please? Thank you. 21717