Windows 10: Feature update security question

Discus and support Feature update security question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if running on an older feature update, say Windows 10 v1709 instead of v1803, poses a greater security risk. Patches otherwise... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MatthewRogers1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Feature update security question

Hello,

I was wondering if running on an older feature update, say Windows 10 v1709 instead of v1803, poses a greater security risk. Patches otherwise are completely up to date, the machine has just not ran the feature update.

Thanks!

:)

MatthewRogers1, Apr 8, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 8, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Jorge Win User

Feature update security question

Microsoft to Roll Out Four Security Updates Next Week

So that's (4) down and 40 Billion more security updates to go before any Microsucks O/S will be even remotely secure. I'd suggest Bill get off his arse and get the first Billion security fixes out this year.

Jorge, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Feature update security question

1. Feature update security question - Similar Threads - Feature update security

2. Security question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security question: Hello, would Windows defender work together with Malwarebytes free, or would Malwarebytes stop windows defender from operating as in the message: you are using other antivirus providers? I cannot turn real time protection on. I uninstalled Malwarebytes free, but the same...
  3. Security question

Security question: Hello, I am running windows 10 and I noticed that in Virus and threat protection setting - real time protection is in off position and i cannot put it back into on position. Above it, it tells me that I am using other antivirus providers. When I click on Who is protecting me...
  4. Security questions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Security questions: I want to change the security questions for windows and I cannot. I signed in with a local account, I followed the steps but... still no results. Can you help me, please?...
  5. Feature update question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature update question: Hell, 1 year ago I installed Windows 10 Pro 1809 version. Right now I'm still receiving updates for it, like cumulative updates, updates for definitions of Windows Defender etc. I saw that there a newer releases, like 20h2. I know that when a newer release is out I should be...
  6. Question about win10 security features

Question about win10 security features: Cheers! A simple question: Provided I have a PIN set during the setup of my win10 OS on my desktop, is there ever a situation where the OS requires me to type in my Microsoft account password also created during setup as the OS demanded it. If there is such a case, is there...
  7. 1903 to 1909 feature update question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1903 to 1909 feature update question: Ive been offered the 1909 feature update through Windows Update so I selected Download and Install. Everything was downloaded and installed in around 5 minutes. Ive just checked in Windows Update history under Feature Updates and it says Feature Updates (1) Feature update to...
  8. 1903 to 1909 feature update question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 to 1909 feature update question: Ive been offered the 1909 feature update through Windows Update so I selected Download and Install. Everything was downloaded and installed in around 5 minutes. Ive just checked in Windows Update history under Feature Updates and it says Feature Updates (1) Feature update to...
  9. Questions about doing Feature Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions about doing Feature Updates: I have Windows 10 Home (version 1803) and have questions about Features Updates. 1) I haven't received the Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 yet. Does that mean it isn't compatible with my PC? I know it had delays. I'm hoping to give it a try in the coming days via...
  10. security question

security question: I recently had a message pop up on my computer from a company called Econosoft support. was told I needed a firewall installed. I installed it for big $$$. My question is ; did I really need this and maybe I should cancel. I already have security through my Frontier phone...