Windows 10: Feature Update To 1903 - "Download and install now" option missing

Discus and support Feature Update To 1903 - "Download and install now" option missing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] I'm sure it was there yesterday, but today it isn't. Btw, ignore flight mode in the taskbar - wifi is activated and signal is strong. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tozzy, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Tozzy Win User

Feature Update To 1903 - "Download and install now" option missing

Feature Update To 1903 - "Download and install now" option missing [​IMG]

I'm sure it was there yesterday, but today it isn't. Btw, ignore flight mode in the taskbar - wifi is activated and signal is strong. Windows 10 1809 running on Acer Iconia w4 32GB.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.

:)

Tozzy, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question

1809 got 1903's 'download and install now' feature in the latest cumulative update, but not the ability to pause updates in Home. That is only available starting in 1903.

If/when you click 'download and install now' you will get 1903 with the latest cumulative update installed. So yes, you wlil get the latest current version of 1903.

For (almost) as long as you want. The Feature Update will finally install automatically when your current version is at or near the end of its supported life. That's May 12, 2020 for 1809. Though by then it may be 1909 (or even 2003) that's being offered.

Cumulative Update KB4497934 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.529 - May 21

Bree, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Sep 2, 2019
  4. eliuri Win User

Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question

Hello:

I'm currently on: Windows 10 Version 1809. Build 17763.529

Clicked on Windows Update in Settings yesterday. Saw Feature Update Version 1903. Option to "Download and install now"

I see there are many issues outstanding in 1903 and that Microsoft is working on them. I gather they'll be patching that feature update over the next few months?

I do not see option to pause WU in my settings. Possibly because of the earlier build I'm now on.

Questions:

1) If I defer "Download and install now" for a considerable time, and later opt to download and install when I think most major bugs are dealt with, would I then be downloading the very same Feature Update--with all its current bugs-which I was offered yesterday? Or would it be the then current--and hopefully patched-- feature update version?

My plan is to keep postponing installation of this Feature Update version 1903 until many of the bugs MS is working on are fixed..

2) How long can I continue postponing 1903 this way?

I have an old Intel HD Graphics card from 2012. I doubt driver updates are available for it. Since some of the bugs involve Intel HD graphics card, I'd like to postpone this until those bugs --and others--are sorted out

Windows 10 1809 (OS Build 17763.529)

eliuri, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Feature Update To 1903 - "Download and install now" option missing - Similar Threads - Feature Update 1903

2. Optional Features missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features missing: Hello, I wanted to look through the optional features and install some that I want, like Wireless Display, however, they are all missing. It's just an empty box. Any ideas why?...
  3. Optional Features missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional Features missing: Hello, I wanted to look through the optional features and install some that I want, like Wireless Display, however, they are all missing. It's just an empty box. Any ideas why?...
  4. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.: Look, I can understand removing a piece of software that has been a mainstay of the text editing process on windows since MS-DOS, whatever.My PC just updated itself because M$ has decided that SAAS is more important than making a usable operating system, and don't victim...
  5. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.: Look, I can understand removing a piece of software that has been a mainstay of the text editing process on windows since MS-DOS, whatever.My PC just updated itself because M$ has decided that SAAS is more important than making a usable operating system, and don't victim...
  6. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Missing feature after downloading the feature update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing feature after downloading the feature update.: Hi, You must be familiar with this picture below that is the part of Windows 20H1 update. [ATTACH] So basically, 4 days ago, I update my Windows from 1909 to 2004 version by which after that the header in my settings app has gone missing. INTERESTINGLY,...
  8. Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update 1903, Is it safe to install?: I recently had problems downloading the feature update 1903, then had it fixed. but now it says to install it. Im questioning weather to install it or not because of my past experience....
  9. Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question: Hello: I'm currently on: Windows 10 Version 1809. Build 17763.529 Clicked on Windows Update in Settings yesterday. Saw Feature Update Version 1903. Option to "Download and install now" I see there are many issues outstanding in 1903 and that Microsoft is working on them. I...
  10. Feature update to 1903 stuck on download 99%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature update to 1903 stuck on download 99%: So I checked WU today and the latest feature update was offered. I’m just over an hour in since requesting but having reached ‘downloading 99%’ it seems to of stayed like this for a good 25-30 minutes. Is this normal? Granted it’s not a quick machine (celeron) and maybe...