Windows 10: Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install

Discus and support Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have the same issue, have tried everything that the original poster tried, then tried your BCD fix above. Rebooted PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Will_nz, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Will_nz Win User

Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install

Split from this thread. I have the same issue, have tried everything that the original poster tried, then tried your BCD fix above. Rebooted PC, downloaded the 22H2 update again, it went through the whole long process, told me to reboot and came up with "failed to install" the update again. I have tried to attach a screenshot of the BCD fix but cant see it asttached.regards William

:)

Will_nz, Oct 5, 2023

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install on ‎9/24/‎2023

I recently did a clean install of windows 10 pro which has been fine since 2017. The only issue is installing the feature update 22h2. It goes through the download and install but after the restart it says it failed to install and it starts all over again.

I found a similar issue titled "Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install on ‎3/10/‎2023 0x8007001f"

I followed the steps listed in the techs response however, I was unable to rename the folders in step 2 or resolve the issue.

Can you advise please. TIA

cyberwasp56, Oct 5, 2023
  3. Windows Pro 10 fails to install Feature update 22H2

Hi All, About a week ago I got a prompt to install "Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2", which surprised me as I had installed 22H2 last year. I tried to install it, but the update failed and I haven't been able to figure out what is wrong. It it helps, I'm running Windows 10 Pro N. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out what is the KB of the update so I could confirm if it's already installed. I know the above is very little information, but I don't know how to troubleshoot this. Any help will be appreciated! So far I tried to - Configure windows update to let me manually select what updates to install - This didn't help - Looked at Event Viewer to see if I could see the underlying error or the KB. I found an error but it was not too helpful "Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80242016: Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2." - Run a script to list the updates to see if the KB would me mentioned, but I only got the name of the update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2) - Run the update troubleshooter: no problem reported. - Made extra space on the main windows partition as I only had 22GB to 80GB in case it was a problem running out of space. - I checked a good number of blogs forum posts with no success (it looks like this error is quite common on windows 10 and 11). Any tips will be appreciated!

Pickles1972, Oct 5, 2023
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install

Mine is Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1621]. I've tried all the above steps without success. I tried the update assistant but it gave me an error at 70% that a feature update is already running even though I stopped windows automatic update. Please help.

dribraheem, Oct 5, 2023
Thema:

1. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install - Similar Threads - Feature update version

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install: Split from this thread. I have the same issue, have tried everything that the original poster tried, then tried your BCD fix above. Rebooted PC, downloaded the 22H2 update again, it went through the whole long process, told me to reboot and came up with "failed to install"...
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install: Split from this thread. I have the same issue, have tried everything that the original poster tried, then tried your BCD fix above. Rebooted PC, downloaded the 22H2 update again, it went through the whole long process, told me to reboot and came up with "failed to install"...
  4. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.

Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.: Every time I got prompted to install the 22H2 upgrade, it fails. I've tried every hack on the internet, but still fails.All drivers are updated.Please help.thx...
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.: Every time I got prompted to install the 22H2 upgrade, it fails. I've tried every hack on the internet, but still fails.All drivers are updated.Please help.thx...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install.: I havent been able to update my Laptop for past 2 months its just keep showing this : Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install. I have tried to update it 20-30 times with all the methods provided on various websites and youtube but it still didnt worked....
  7. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install: Split from this thread. Mine is Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1621]. I've tried all the above steps without success. I tried the update assistant but it gave me an error at 70% that a feature update is already running even though I stopped windows automatic update....
  8. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.: Hello, When I was checking for updates in settings it gave me Feature update for windows 10 version 22h2 and then it started downloading and it was installing it then it asked me to restart the pc then i restarted my pc it shows installing updates it reaches 5% but it...
  9. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.: Hello, When I was checking for updates in settings it gave me Feature update for windows 10 version 22h2 and then it started downloading and it was installing it then it asked me to restart the pc then i restarted my pc it shows installing updates it reaches 5% but it...
  10. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 22H2 failed to install.