Windows 10: Feature update W10 v1903 failed to install-This solution WORKED for me

Discus and support Feature update W10 v1903 failed to install-This solution WORKED for me in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I lost count of the number of times and different ways I tried to update my W10 v.1809 to W10 v.1903 (the update usually reached 94% and then failed).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gaius, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Gaius Win User

Feature update W10 v1903 failed to install-This solution WORKED for me

I lost count of the number of times and different ways I tried to update my W10 v.1809 to W10 v.1903 (the update usually reached 94% and then failed).

No error message was given, just the message, “Windows 10 installation has failed” along with an OK box. Very helpful.

sfc /scannow

could find nothing wrong but chkdsk c: /f /r /x only reached 17% before calling a halt.

Use sfc /scannow to repair Windows system files:

Use SFC Scannow to Repair Windows System Files
    From an elevated command prompt (What is an Elevated Command Prompt?) run:

chkdsk c: /f /r /x

I also tried many of the suggestions below, all without success:

FIX: Windows 10 Update 1903 failed to install (Solved) - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Windows 10 May 2019 Update common problems and how to fix them | Windows Central

Solved: Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 Failed to Install

I concluded that my hard drive was corrupted and that there was no alternative but to wipe it and then do a fresh installation of W10 v.1903 from a USB drive.

Naturally I first backed up all personal data to an external hard drive.

NB All installed programs will be wiped and will require reinstallation (e.g. Security software, MS Office, Macrium Reflect etc).

Using Media Creation Tool, I created bootable installation media on a previously formatted (use quick format) USB drive (minimum 8GB):

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool For Version 1903

NB In BIOS/UEFI the USB drive was not recognised until I selected Legacy Boot (and naturally I set the USB-HDD to boot first).

I booted the PC witthe USB bootable media (in BIOS enable Legacy Boot and set USB-HDD to boot first).

Click the Next button.

Click the Install now button.

Click the Skip button (or click on I don’t have a product key, if you are reinstalling.

If Windows 10 was already activated, after the installation it will re-activate automatically. Note that W10 is registered to a device, so even if the hard drive is changed the original MS W10 product key will still be recognised.

Check the I accept the license terms option.

Click the Next button.

Select the Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option.

Select every partition in the hard drive (Drive 0Feature update W10 v1903 failed to install-This solution WORKED for me :) and delete it.

Warning: Do NOT delete partitions on any other drive.

Select the hard drive (Drive 0 Unallocated Space) to install Windows 10.
    Click the Next button.

After the installation, select your region in the first page of the out-of-the-box experience (OOBE).

Click the Yes button.

Select your keyboard layout

Click the Yes button.

If you’re not setting a second keyboard layout, click the Skip button.

I recommend not connecting to the internet at this stage. Do it later, especially if you wish to use a Local Account.

For a Local Account using a username and password (not a Microsoft Account) select “I don’t have Internet” option.

Choose “continue with a limited setup,” and you can proceed directly to the Local Account setup.

(If your device is using an Ethernet connection, your device will connect to the network automatically. If you’re using a wireless connection, you’ll need to set up the connection manually).

Choose additional preferences as required.

I do hope that this suggestion helps just one person to successfully install W10 v1903 without wasting valuable time and effort.

Good luck.

:)

Gaius, Aug 22, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 22, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Feature update W10 v1903 failed to install-This solution WORKED for me

Windows 10 Update v1903 failure to install

Have a problem installing latest W10 update v1903 have tried 4 times with same error message 0x80070005. have tried Troubleshoot Windows Update with no success. What do I do

Ced-Crouch, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Feature update W10 v1903 failed to install-This solution WORKED for me

1. Feature update W10 v1903 failed to install-This solution WORKED for me - Similar Threads - Feature update W10

2. Windows 10 Update failed v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update failed v1903: I had ran sfc and dism and windows update troubleshooter before updating the LaptopAfter 2-3hrs, going to about 50% while updating it just shut-ed itself down and then after about 10mins, I turned it on and then for about 30mins it was "Undoing the changes made to your...
  3. Failed W10 Install

Failed W10 Install: Ok ... purchased the W10 Home from the Microsoft Store yesterday Nov 3 2020 to update my W7 machine. Received the email with the key and the install link. When I purchased on the phone and asked about whether a 64bit install was included and was told that I would be...
  4. w10 failing to install updates for V1903 x64based system.

w10 failing to install updates for V1903 x64based system.: unable to install 2019-12 CUM KB4530684 8 error code 0x80070020. unable to install 2019-11 CUM KB4524570 9 error code 0x8007001e. unable to install 2019-10 CUM KB4522355 error code 0X8007001e. some updates fail but are installed within 2 days but not all. I am not sure...
  5. Features Update to Windows 10 V1903

Features Update to Windows 10 V1903: Apologies for the long post: I have a mini pc that I bought online and it has worked wonderfully until the Windows 10 upgrade came along and now every time Windows throws yet another pile at us, absolutely EVERYTHING goes down the toilet. The upgrade alone took MONTHS to get...
  6. Windows 10 Update Fail (v1903)

Windows 10 Update Fail (v1903): I cannot update my windows 10 PC to 1903 for some reason, and have tried all kind of things from sfc scannow, repairing windows update, windows update troubleshooter, windows 10 update assistant, and mostly all solutions from the internet without any solution. Can somebody...
  7. W10 v1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 v1903: I have updated 3 PCs to W10 version 1903. Now in personalisation there are problems with changed or setting colours. Furthermore it is now not possible to change background or text colours in command prompt. Can you help please? DaveJ...
  8. Solution to optional features shows "No features to install"

Solution to optional features shows "No features to install": I was seeing this message when attempting to install a new optional feature under Windows 10 (Settings --> Apps --> Apps & Features --> Optional features --> Add a feature). A web search led me to several other questions on this forum posted by users seeing the same...
  9. w10 v1903 regressions

in Windows 10 Support
    w10 v1903 regressions: Hello. I am running w10 v1903 [18362.116] and I have noticed that monitor calibration profile get disabled after exitting any fullscreen program (games for instance). I think Microsoft is addressing this issue in an incoming patch (currently tested by insiders). I have also...
  10. Feature update failed to install

Feature update failed to install: Hi, I have a preveious Feature update that failed to download. My OS is Win 10, Ver 1803. This was way back on the 10-08-2018 when It attempted to download and is still there being displayed. I have taken a screen copy if you want to see the details? The word error is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to manual install win10 feature update v1903