Windows 10: Feature Updates are breaking my Remote Desktop Connection

Discus and support Feature Updates are breaking my Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i am running quite a few dedicated Servers with Windows 10. I use a custom made Windows ISO to install those Server and enable RDP when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hansi294, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Hansi294 Win User

Feature Updates are breaking my Remote Desktop Connection

Hello,

i am running quite a few dedicated Servers with Windows 10. I use a custom made Windows ISO to install those Server and enable RDP when the Installation is finished.

Now i have a Problem with Feature updates, whenever i install a Feature update RDP gets disabled and Needs to be enabled by Hand. Which is not doable for so many Servers.

I already defer the Feature Updates for 365 Days but i will run soon into the Problem that the first Servers start the update and i get locked out.

Anyone has experienced such a Problem and can lead me to a solution ?

Thank you very much

:)

Hansi294, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Feature Updates are breaking my Remote Desktop Connection - Similar Threads - Feature Updates are

2. KB5029244 released on 8/8/23 update breaks remote desktop connections

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5029244 released on 8/8/23 update breaks remote desktop connections: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎14/‎2022 OS build 19045.3208 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0 get a logon error with all accounts trying to remote desktop to the machine on which the update was installed on. uninstalled the...
  3. KB5029244 released on 8/8/23 update breaks remote desktop connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5029244 released on 8/8/23 update breaks remote desktop connections: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎14/‎2022 OS build 19045.3208 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0 get a logon error with all accounts trying to remote desktop to the machine on which the update was installed on. uninstalled the...
  4. KB5029244 released on 8/8/23 update breaks remote desktop connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connecting to my desktop through Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to my desktop through Remote Desktop: I have set up my desktop to enable remote desktop connection, and I am able to access this desktop from my laptop when I am on the same network. However, when I try to access it from a different network like when I take my laptop to my mom's house I am no longer able to...
  6. Connecting to my desktop through Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to my desktop through Remote Desktop: I have set up my desktop to enable remote desktop connection, and I am able to access this desktop from my laptop when I am on the same network. However, when I try to access it from a different network like when I take my laptop to my mom's house I am no longer able to...
  7. KB5018410 oddly breaks remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5018410 oddly breaks remote desktop: I have used remote desktop load balancing for about three years with little issue until yesterday, when my some, but not all, of my users started reporting an error similar to the following.The remote computer BETA.domain.com that you are trying to connect to is redirecting...
  8. KB5018410 oddly breaks remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5018410 oddly breaks remote desktop: I have used remote desktop load balancing for about three years with little issue until yesterday, when my some, but not all, of my users started reporting an error similar to the following.The remote computer BETA.domain.com that you are trying to connect to is redirecting...
  9. KB5018410 oddly breaks remote desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Feature Update 2004 - Broke Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature Update 2004 - Broke Remote Desktop: Hello all, I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else had troubles... I had a user update to Feature Update 2004 last week on Friday, and RDP broke completely. We'd attempt to connect, and the connection would spin and spin. Tried reboots, speed tests on their home...