Windows 10: Feature Updates Breaking Login

Discus and support Feature Updates Breaking Login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jallenhayslett, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Feature Updates Breaking Login

The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen.

It also breaks the login screen in such a way that disables the ability to get into recovery with "Shift-Restart". My only way back is to toggle the power until it trips the Automatic Repair process and then uninstall the update.

I'm not necessarily jonesing to update, as things are running fine where they are, but I'd kind of like to figure out what's going on, and if it's something I've done or if it's just more of the Vegas Odds that Microsoft has been dealing us with these updates for the past couple of years. All the other updates that roll out install just fine, it's just the feature updates that cause me issues.

:)

jallenhayslett, Dec 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 2, 2020
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Dec 2, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Feature Updates Breaking Login

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Feature Updates Breaking Login

1. Feature Updates Breaking Login - Similar Threads - Feature Updates Breaking

2. Feature updates keep breaking my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature updates keep breaking my Windows 10: Every automatic update since last summer has been causing problems for my pc. The first one that failed was Windows 10, version 2004. Now it seems to be Windows 10, version 20H2. I did this pc build in 2018. Here are the parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NGK8Mb Mostly it...
  3. Feature Updates Breaking Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Feature Updates Breaking Login: The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen....
  4. Bluetooth feature is breaking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth feature is breaking: Recently i updated the windows 10 to latest version 2004 now Bluetooth is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-feature-is-breaking/1505f4ee-a6c1-42e8-9fa2-5e43f21d5fc0
  5. March 10 2020 Cumulative Updates Breaking Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    March 10 2020 Cumulative Updates Breaking Login: Background information: On March 10, 2020, I installed the Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 KB4540673, and rebooted my computer on March 11, 2020, as I install updates at night to have an up and running computer by the next day. On March 11, 2020, everything worked fine,...
  6. Feature update 1909 breaks reboot, shutdown, and hibernate

Feature update 1909 breaks reboot, shutdown, and hibernate: After updating to feature update 1909, my computer started freezing during all reboots (the reboot animation freezes, and won't continue even after waiting 5+ hours). Hibernate is also broken - when I start the computer from hibernate, the screen turns off, and the computer...
  7. Microsoft’s update breaks Windows Defender’s scanning feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s update breaks Windows Defender’s scanning feature: Some Windows 10 users have been troubled after applying the September 2019 cumulative update due to critical bugs like broken Start menu and Network adapter failures. Following a catalogue of disasters, another bug appears to be hitting Windows 10. According to various...
  8. Windows Update breaks features and causes other problems

Windows Update breaks features and causes other problems: Hello, My computer, which I got in July of 2018, came with Windows 10 version 1709 out of the box. I tried updating it to the latest version the same day I got it (which was then 1803). When I updated it, a number of problems (which I will describe below) have arisen so I...
  9. Windows 10 1903 feature update breaks the client connector

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 1903 feature update breaks the client connector: This article describes the issue – Windows 10 1903 feature upgrade removes the already installed client connector and breaks the Essentials features such as client backup, Remote Web Access, LaunchPad App etc. The issue only applies to Windows 10 client connected to Windows...
  10. Feature Updates are breaking my Remote Desktop Connection

Feature Updates are breaking my Remote Desktop Connection: Hello, i am running quite a few dedicated Servers with Windows 10. I use a custom made Windows ISO to install those Server and enable RDP when the Installation is finished. Now i have a Problem with Feature updates, whenever i install a Feature update RDP gets disabled...