Windows 10: Feature updates with incompatible driver(s) - how does it work?

Discus and support Feature updates with incompatible driver(s) - how does it work? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everybody, does anyone have practical experience of how Windows 10 behaved in past automatic version/feature updates if an incompatible driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mfessler, Jun 12, 2020.

1. mfessler Win User

Feature updates with incompatible driver(s) - how does it work?

Hello everybody,

does anyone have practical experience of how Windows 10 behaved in past automatic version/feature updates if an incompatible driver was installed?
    Was the update simply not installed at all - without a message?
    Was the concerned hardware or driver listed?
    Was the update made and the incompatible driver was then replaced with the Microsoft "standard driver"?
    Or has it been updated and the device simply no longer worked correctly?

I ask, because I sometimes install devices for friends and family to which I have no access until there is a problem.
    So I would like to disable driver updates via Windows Updates, however they should still be able to manually initiate an update in the event of problems using the device manager.

Think that would be a good compromise.
    The update frequency via Windows Update is (depending on the hardware installed) just sick.
    I have devices here which according to the update history have received a good 40 drivers or extension infs over the past 6 months ... this can not go well in the long run.

Thank you for any feedback!

Greetings,
    Martin

:)

mfessler, Jun 12, 2020
  2. mfessler Win User

Hello everybody,

does anyone have practical experience of how Windows 10 behaved in past automatic version/feature updates if an incompatible driver was installed?
    Was the update simply not installed at all - without a message?
    Was the concerned hardware or driver listed?
    Was the update made and the incompatible driver was then replaced with the Microsoft "standard driver"?
    Or has it been updated and the device simply no longer worked correctly?

I ask, because I sometimes install devices for friends and family to which I have no access until there is a problem.
    So I would like to disable driver updates via Windows Updates, however they should still be able to manually initiate an update in the event of problems using the device manager.

Think that would be a good compromise.
    The update frequency via Windows Update is (depending on the hardware installed) just sick.
    I have devices here which according to the update history have received a good 40 drivers or extension infs over the past 6 months ... this can not go well in the long run.

Thank you for any feedback!

Greetings,
    Martin

mfessler, Jun 12, 2020
  3. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Feature updates with incompatible driver(s) - how does it work?

PhysX Driver that Works on all Capable GPUs to be out by August

The drivers should work... I'd suggest throwing it to Pagalms or the GTX 260/280 teaser driver thread... I know there is a list somewhere for it. All you need is the modded .inf file. But, Driver 177.66 don't need the modded .inf... Just go to Guru3d and grab them and install.

Cold Storm, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Feature updates with incompatible driver(s) - how does it work? - Similar Threads - Feature updates incompatible

2. Incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible drivers: Good morning guys, deleting this seems impossible. After each attempt to delete, I restart the computer and its still a problem. Is there a failsafe way to get rid of it ? Fingers crossed that you have a solution....
  3. how to uninstall incompatible drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to uninstall incompatible drivers?: Hi all, I'm having issues enabling my core isolation in windows 11. I followed the directions Sumit posted below, but when I go to use the pnputil code with both the published name & original file name, the elevated command center tells me it cannot find the file specified....
  4. how to uninstall incompatible drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to uninstall incompatible drivers?: Hi all, I'm having issues enabling my core isolation in windows 11. I followed the directions Sumit posted below, but when I go to use the pnputil code with both the published name & original file name, the elevated command center tells me it cannot find the file specified....
  5. Incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible drivers: There are no updates that I can find anyway - so how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-drivers/f22933be-1b0d-4e02-b5e9-b643c5d72e09
  6. Incompatible drivers

Incompatible drivers: There are no updates that I can find anyway - so how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-drivers/f22933be-1b0d-4e02-b5e9-b643c5d72e09
  7. driver incompatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver incompatibility: I can't turn on the core isolation due to incompatibility with csrbc.sys. I've updated all my windows but it won't reconcile. web searches and MS community searches are not helping....
  8. incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incompatible drivers: I cant find the updates of these drivers from online searches , what can i do to fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-drivers/5a25f101-59c9-4fe8-8174-07df454c944e
  9. incompatible drivers

incompatible drivers: I cant find the updates of these drivers from online searches , what can i do to fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-drivers/5a25f101-59c9-4fe8-8174-07df454c944e
  10. Windows 10 feature update with incompatible drivers - how does it work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 feature update with incompatible drivers - how does it work?: Hello everybody, does anyone have practical experience of how Windows 10 behaved in past automatic version/feature updates if an incompatible driver was installed? Was the update simply not installed at all - without a message? Was the concerned hardware or driver listed?...