Windows 10: Feature Upgrade: NO + Quality Updates YES not possible?

Discus and support Feature Upgrade: NO + Quality Updates YES not possible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Users cannot (at least in v2004) allow Quality=Security Updates but disable Feature updates (=to next major release). Is this correct? 168512 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tobwen, Nov 16, 2020.

1. tobwen Win User

Feature Upgrade: NO + Quality Updates YES not possible?

Users cannot (at least in v2004) allow Quality=Security Updates but disable Feature updates (=to next major release).

Is this correct?

:)

tobwen, Nov 16, 2020

2. Poor audio quality after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Eugene,

As you are facing issues with sound quality after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you referring to sound quality from the computer/ speakers/ headphones?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and drivers updates after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted audio drivers. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.
    If the Windows Audio service does not start and you get the error
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start, then make sure that the following services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound after upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 16, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Feature Upgrade: NO + Quality Updates YES not possible? - Similar Threads - Feature Upgrade Quality

2. Is Windows 10 2H22 a quality update or a feature update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 10 2H22 a quality update or a feature update?: I need to uninstall the last Windows 10 update. It has my laptop completely frozen in a loop at start up and I didn't know whether to choose the quality or feature update to uninstall in the Advanced options menu. Please help. I just want my laptop to work again. Thank you...
  3. Is Windows 10 2H22 a quality update or a feature update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows 10 2H22 a quality update or a feature update?: I need to uninstall the last Windows 10 update. It has my laptop completely frozen in a loop at start up and I didn't know whether to choose the quality or feature update to uninstall in the Advanced options menu. Please help. I just want my laptop to work again. Thank you...
  4. Is Windows 10 2H22 a quality update or a feature update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Possible Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Feature: Hi guys, I'm wondering if adding a new-feature that is kind of like "safe-mode" might help society.Basically I'm wondering how to boot the computer so only the fans run.. kind of like a "cool-boot" or something.Anyway have a nice day, keep up the good work!...
  6. Possible Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Feature: Hi guys, I'm wondering if adding a new-feature that is kind of like "safe-mode" might help society.Basically I'm wondering how to boot the computer so only the fans run.. kind of like a "cool-boot" or something.Anyway have a nice day, keep up the good work!...
  7. Possible Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Feature Upgrade: NO + Quality Updates YES not possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature Upgrade: NO + Quality Updates YES not possible?: Users cannot (at least in v2004) allow Quality=Security Updates but disable Feature updates (=to next major release). Is this correct? 168512
  9. Missing windows update options for either feature updates or quality updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing windows update options for either feature updates or quality updates: I seem not to have the windows update options for either feature updates or quality updates on this pc. All I have s an option to delay update installations by up to 35 days. I need the flexibility to install feature updates by up to 365 days and quality update by up to 30...
  10. Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10: How to: Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 How to Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features wont...