Windows 10: Feature Upgrades fail to install

Discus and support Feature Upgrades fail to install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I own an Asus all-in-one desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro. When the 2019 feature update was available it failed to install each time I tried. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Smudge'sDad, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Feature Upgrades fail to install

I own an Asus all-in-one desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro.

When the 2019 feature update was available it failed to install each time I tried. The same thing happened with the May 2020 feature upgrade and is also happening with Upgrade 2H02. I noted the upgrade notification advised that 2H02 was again available together with Cumulative Update .net framework for W10 version 1909 KB4598301.

I checked the Update History page and noted the following:

13th January - Security update W10 version 1909 KB4535680 installed successfully.

14th January - 2021 - 01 Cumulative Update W10 version 1909 KB4598229 failed to install error code 0x800f081f

15th January - 2021 - 01 Cumulative Update W10 version 1909 KB4598229 installed successfully

18th January - Security Update W10 version 1909 KB4535680 installed correctly

In Other updates was:

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 V5.85 KB 890830 installed successfully.

I returned to the update page and clicked to update the Feature Update 2H02 and the Cumulative Update KB4598301.

Downloading and installation once again appeared to proceed normally but when the PC restarted I went to settings page and the notification for 2H02 was still there. The update history now included:

31st January - Cumulative Update for .net framework W10 version 1909 KB4598301 installed successfully

31st January - Feature Update 2H02 failed to install with error code 0xc19001e1

Can anyone please help with the following:

Why does the history page only show a small number of occurrences and these clear without action from me - is there a setting to clear older update history.

As I have checked each driver listed on the System page and updated where necessary is there something about my PC that feature updates do not like. I have loads of RAM and Hard Drive space.

Smudges Dad

:)

Smudge'sDad, Jan 31, 2021
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 31, 2021
  3. BUG
    bug Win User
    Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

4. jds21 Win User

Feature Upgrades fail to install

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Feature Upgrades fail to install

1. Feature Upgrades fail to install - Similar Threads - Feature Upgrades fail

2. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  3. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional Features - Install Failed: I am trying to install RSATs. When I try to, I get the error code 0x80072F8F.I have tried changing the registry entries with no success.I have checked my time on the pc and in the BIOS with no success. I have rebooted the computer several times and no success. I have ran SFC...
  4. Optional Features - Install Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  6. optional feature install failed

optional feature install failed: i deleted windows media player 10 but when i whas gonna download it or download any other optional feature it fails with error 0x80070422 and i tried searching but nothing worked...
  7. optional feature install failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. windows feature installation failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows feature installation failed: dear alli have issue related xps file view i have a filed which is saved as xps file in windows 7 now i have changed my windows to windows 10 but the file is not opening but when i installed xps feature view in windows 10 it gives an error, if any one know about this how open...
  9. windows feature installation failed

windows feature installation failed: dear alli have issue related xps file view i have a filed which is saved as xps file in windows 7 now i have changed my windows to windows 10 but the file is not opening but when i installed xps feature view in windows 10 it gives an error, if any one know about this how open...
  10. windows feature installation failed

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4598301 installing 0%