Windows 10: Features update causes blue screen on 2 occasion

Discus and support Features update causes blue screen on 2 occasion in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The last 2 features update on 8/15 and 9/13 caused a windows blue screen on restart. By blue screen I mean it said, "Ooops, something went wrong and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cyberwasp56, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Features update causes blue screen on 2 occasion

The last 2 features update on 8/15 and 9/13 caused a windows blue screen on restart. By blue screen I mean it said, "Ooops, something went wrong and the system is collecting data." The system seems fine but this occurance is very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this. TIA

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000004, 0x000000000000012c, 0xffffae00c8b82700, 0xffffd2890683f800). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 9e9e934e-b675-4e56-939d-0a356cf775c9.

:)

cyberwasp56, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Features update causes blue screen on 2 occasion

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Features update causes blue screen on 2 occasion

1. Features update causes blue screen on 2 occasion - Similar Threads - Features update causes

2. Windows Update Causes Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Causes Blue Screen: As of around august a new update was queued for my pc, which I then installed. The update blue screened my pc then uninstalled it and my pc was back to normal. I then started trying to figure out why, I scanned for viruses and corrupt files etc, none were the cause. Then...
  3. Windows Update Causes Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Causes Blue Screen: As of around august a new update was queued for my pc, which I then installed. The update blue screened my pc then uninstalled it and my pc was back to normal. I then started trying to figure out why, I scanned for viruses and corrupt files etc, none were the cause. Then...
  4. Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen: Hi,Some time ago, my computer wanted to perform a Windows feature update. After the update, when I tried to sign in, Windows took me to a black screen. All i could see is a cursor and a black screend. I tried looking up the issue to find a solution, but I couldn't follow any...
  5. Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen

Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen: Hi, Some time ago, my laptop wanted to perform a Windows feature update. After the update, when I tried to sign in, Windows took me to a black screen. I could see a cursor and a box in the corner labeled Personalized Settings but nothing else worked. I tried looking up the...
  6. Win10 feature 2004 update causes blue screens every 5 minutes

Win10 feature 2004 update causes blue screens every 5 minutes: Hello. Last week the 2004 feature update has been unlocked for my computer it started to update automatically, I didn't force the update manually. So I supposed that the incompatibilities were solved and for that reason the update was available for my PC. The installation...
  7. Blue screen error after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 2: Hi, I updated my Laptop to Windows 10, version 1909 and since then my laptop crashes with blue screen on it. Previously I had installed the update twice, faced the same issue to uninstalled the update but again after updating it for the third time. I am facing the same...
  8. Reoccurring Blue Screens & Feature Update Failure

Reoccurring Blue Screens & Feature Update Failure: For some time I've been getting blue screens once in a while, mostly when my PC is idle though not exclusively. Usually the error code says FAULTY_HARDWARE but the last one said MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. The blue screen help page was no help and some help suggestions felt like they...
  9. Every update causing blue screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every update causing blue screens: For the past few months now, every time windows has installed a new update my next boot has taken about half an hour and has left me in the recovery mode, at which point I got to a restore point and go through the process of update every driver I have in hopes of fixing it....
  10. Windows Update Caused Blue Screen Of Death

Windows Update Caused Blue Screen Of Death: After updating my Acer laptop for the most resent update it took me to the "blue screen of death". I looked around but there is no optional reset. I went through all 6 options in advanced settings I had. (these were my only options) •Startup rest couldn't find an...