Windows 10: Features Update to Windows 10 V1903

Discus and support Features Update to Windows 10 V1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Apologies for the long post: I have a mini pc that I bought online and it has worked wonderfully until the Windows 10 upgrade came along and now every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyanS_Sea, Oct 25, 2019.

1. RyanS_Sea Win User

Features Update to Windows 10 V1903

Apologies for the long post:
    I have a mini pc that I bought online and it has worked wonderfully until the Windows 10 upgrade came along and now every time Windows throws yet another pile at us, absolutely EVERYTHING goes down the toilet. The upgrade alone took MONTHS to get my pc back up & running. Every update takes DAYS & countless attempts to finally take. I follow absolutely every single recommendation, tutorial, and "expert's" advice, and still it's all just so stupidly complicated. It would be nice if Windows would send us something that would actually WORK for once! This is the worst version of their OS ever!
    I've got Windows V1903 installed. There is not a single shred of personal files on my pc because I've been keeping them all on an external SD card to make room specifically for Windows since this whole mess started. There used to be tons of space on my hard drive, but since Windows 10 came along, my computer is absolutely bloated & bursting at the seams...ALL of it is the OS files - with what I assume is all the standard stuff it needs to operate normally. Because I haven't put a single thing in there with it
    This newest Features update to Windows 10 V1903 keeps trying to install over, & over, & over. It never successfully installs. Just repeats the exact same thing. It tells me to use an external SD or external USB to make enough storage for the update to install. Because apparently Windows 10 had gotten too fat for it's britches & has taken up ALL of the other space available on my computer (I'm assuming). My SD card still has TONS of space left, almost 2.5 times the space the update says it requires. Still, it can't seem to manage. Fine, So I add an external USB drive (EXACTLY as directed BY THE WINDOWS UPDATE). So now it's got 125Gigs PLUS the 20something Gigs that are left on the SD card. STILL this features update can't manage to do what it's supposed to do. Doesn't matter which drive I select for the extra storage when the window pops up, this particular feature update doesn't like either one. Now if I'm not supposed to be using external storage for this update to install, then why are the directions telling me to do so? I've checked anti-virus, firewall, all of it. Everything is in working order as it should be. None of the other features updates has had so much trouble apart from the initial upgrade. Why does every single steaming pile of Windows update need to be such a freaking battle?? Is it only me that thinks this is all so ridiculous!? We shouldn't all have to be engineers & rocket scientists, or completely fluent in binary just to make our simple computers with Windows 10 OS operate, function, & UPDATE properly the way they should.
    I've had to start taking blood pressure medication just because of this entire Windows 10 upgrade & the subsequent updates!! And I'm only 43! This is crazy! Nothing in life has EVER stressed me out and made me so angry as Windows 10 has! And they just keep slopping more piles on top of the mess like it's gonna make it better. Haven't seen any improvement yet. Will it EVER get any better? Or is it time to jump ship?

:)

RyanS_Sea, Oct 25, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Features Update to Windows 10 V1903

Feature update to Windows 10

Hello,

I recommend you to upgrade to V1903 via ISO file.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

[GUIDE] How To Upgrade To Windows 10 Using ISO File

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Features Update to Windows 10 V1903

1. Features Update to Windows 10 V1903 - Similar Threads - Features Update V1903

2. Windows 10 Update failed v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update failed v1903: I had ran sfc and dism and windows update troubleshooter before updating the LaptopAfter 2-3hrs, going to about 50% while updating it just shut-ed itself down and then after about 10mins, I turned it on and then for about 30mins it was "Undoing the changes made to your...
  3. Windows 10 update v1903

Windows 10 update v1903: Unable to update my Aspire one 1-431 laptop. The update continually fails s it requires about 8GB to install and my laptop is unable to meet this requirement. I have stripped out all additional apps other that the windows installed ones, deleted any items in the recycle bin...
  4. Windows 10 Update v1903

Windows 10 Update v1903: Hello, I decided to update my windows 10 1803 to 1903 but it doesn't work. Please help me.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-v1903/f890c78e-e4fa-4b47-ae9c-8c1444498370
  5. Feature Update Windows 10 v1903 query

Feature Update Windows 10 v1903 query: Hi I have been updating the windows updates on my 2 daughters' laptops. One of them said that support runs out in November 2019 for this version of Windows and i needed to install Feature Update v1903, which I did (over the best part of 2 days). However on the other laptop,...
  6. Windows 10 Update Fail (v1903)

Windows 10 Update Fail (v1903): I cannot update my windows 10 PC to 1903 for some reason, and have tried all kind of things from sfc scannow, repairing windows update, windows update troubleshooter, windows 10 update assistant, and mostly all solutions from the internet without any solution. Can somebody...
  7. Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro?: How do I defer Feature Updates only in v1903? I used to be able to defer these for up to 365 days. I only see these options: [img] 135380
  8. problem updating to Windows 10 v1903

problem updating to Windows 10 v1903: I've currently October update v1809 installed on my laptop. two days ago, I got to know that there is a new update available named "feature update v1903". I've downloaded it till 99% but there was a message saying "there was a problem installing the update, please restart and...
  9. Windows 10 v1903 features removed or planned for replacement

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v1903 features removed or planned for replacement: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]As Windows move from one feature update to another, it adds new features, and remove some features. These features are usually removed when there is a better alternative or existing functionality won’t work with future hardware. The same has happened [...]...
  10. Windows 10 v1903 New Features List

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v1903 New Features List: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft is almost ready to roll out Windows 10 v1903 feature update. This update will bring some significant changes, security enhancements, and UI improvement. This release is also called as 19h1 or Windows 10 April 20o9 Update, Here is the [...] This...