Windows 10: Feb 12, 2019 Wins 10 automatic update has either deleted or hidden all of my personal files

Discus and support Feb 12, 2019 Wins 10 automatic update has either deleted or hidden all of my personal files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First - please do not send any responses of what I SHOULD have done -- e.g. backed up on a regular basis. ISSUE -- after an automatic update on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Larsita, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Larsita Win User

Feb 12, 2019 Wins 10 automatic update has either deleted or hidden all of my personal files

First - please do not send any responses of what I SHOULD have done -- e.g. backed up on a regular basis.

ISSUE -- after an automatic update on February 12, 2019, all of my personal files were gone. When I tried to access them through the Office Application e.g. Word through the last opened or frequently used selection I got a message stating the drive was not available. When I plug in my external drive I get the same message.

What the heck is going on? I can't let myself believe the files are actually deleted so where the blank are they? I won't begin to explain the pictures, legal documents, excel files etc.

The folder hierachy doesn't exist -- MyPDF's gone, MyWord, MyExcel etc aren't even there.

Please help.

:)

Larsita, Feb 13, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Win XP automatic updates

Turning off automatic updates will delete it.

wazzledoozle, Feb 13, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Feb 12, 2019 Wins 10 automatic update has either deleted or hidden all of my personal files

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Feb 12, 2019 Wins 10 automatic update has either deleted or hidden all of my personal files :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Feb 12, 2019 Wins 10 automatic update has either deleted or hidden all of my personal files - Similar Threads - Feb 2019 Wins

2. Accidental deletion of all personal files on WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidental deletion of all personal files on WIN 10: Converted to Windows 10 recently. One issue from the conversion was creation of duplicate sets of files, including my all important DOCUMENTS file. Stupidly, I tried to delete one of them & this deleted both sets of files. The DOCUMENTS file both of them was too big for...
  3. Automatic update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic update deleted all my files: My computer was literally on and it just restarts out of nowhere and then all my files are gone once I log back in. I’m in college so it would be nice to get my fucking files back. Thanks. submitted by /u/ciscowizneski [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files.

Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files.: Hi, Windows update just wiped all my files. It ugraded the OS and it kept my apps - but its removed everything else, and reset all my settings back to defaults. I saw something saying old documents were in Windows.old, but that userprofile is empty too. Where is my stuff?...
  5. Feb 2019 update has reaked havoc on my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Feb 2019 update has reaked havoc on my laptop: There was an automatic update done in Feb. 2019. Ever since then, my laptop is not the same. It turns itself OFF COMPLETELY. It's not the battery. It will happen anywhere from 10 minutes after I get on it, to 1 hour. No warning. Just shuts down. I have to push the...
  6. windows 10 update Feb 2019

windows 10 update Feb 2019: Since allowing the Windows updating a few days ago, I have lost most of my desktop icons and have had to reinstall Microsoft outlook. I cannot find folders and some that I have found are in One Drive. Can someone please help?...
  7. Automatic Repair Error SrtTrail.txt Feb 2019 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Error SrtTrail.txt Feb 2019 update: Since I downloaded the windows 10 update last week my HP laptop will suddenly turn off even if my battery is not yet dead and when I'm turning it on it shows this message : Automatic Repair couldnt repair your PC Log file : C:\WINDOWS\System32\:logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt how...
  8. Windows 10 Feb 2019 update

Windows 10 Feb 2019 update: My computer has been trying to update since Feb 9th 2019. For some reason it will not let me update. I have tried everything I have run virus scans a 4 hour computer scan to make sure everything was working with my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 -System bio 3.7.0...
  9. Frustrating update Feb 2019

Frustrating update Feb 2019: So why does Microsoft have to have access to my stuff? Why can't I choose to have NO data sent? Why does it have to be all or some? Get your nose out of my business. Why did you delete my card games? I don't LIKE the ones that come with Windows 10. They are annoying. Why did...
  10. The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...

The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...: The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads, documents! How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-recent-update-of-windows-10-jan-2019-deleted/262ccb5a-e035-4453-90e9-6215c2504fe4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. february 2019 windows update files lost