Windows 10: Feb 2019 Windows 10 update interfering with graphics on Dell laptop

Discus and support Feb 2019 Windows 10 update interfering with graphics on Dell laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last week's Windows 10 updates are interfering with something on my computer.....scrolling is a huge issue in Google chrome and elsewhere, whether I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ashley Sarimana, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Feb 2019 Windows 10 update interfering with graphics on Dell laptop

Last week's Windows 10 updates are interfering with something on my computer.....scrolling is a huge issue in Google chrome and elsewhere, whether I use the mouse or touchpad. Videos and images...the graphics are very twitchy and unstable. It is starting to irritate my eyes and my brain...and it is slowing my work down. Something seems to be constantly running in the background and I cant figure out what it is.

My Dell laptop has a x64bit i7 processor and was originally running Windows 7 Professional before I migrated to Windows 10 Professional 2 years ago.

:)

Ashley Sarimana, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Feb 20, 2019
  4. londiste Win User

Feb 2019 Windows 10 update interfering with graphics on Dell laptop

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Windows 7 went out of mainstream support on Jan 15, 2015.
    Windows 8.1 went out of mainstream support on Jan 9, 2018.
    And I doubt anyone on Windows 8.1 would mind too much upgrading to Windows 10. I definitely would not *Big Grin Feb 2019 Windows 10 update interfering with graphics on Dell laptop :D

They are supporting only Windowses currently in mainstream support. For Windows 10, they seem to have moved the support model to the bi-annual updates being supported for 2 years and more recently 1.5 years.

Has it been said if Office 2019 will actually work on Windows 7/8.1? Supported and actually working can be different things. Kind of like the "on supported hardware" comment above.

londiste, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Feb 2019 Windows 10 update interfering with graphics on Dell laptop

1. Feb 2019 Windows 10 update interfering with graphics on Dell laptop - Similar Threads - Feb 2019 update

2. Feb 2019 update has reaked havoc on my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Feb 2019 update has reaked havoc on my laptop: There was an automatic update done in Feb. 2019. Ever since then, my laptop is not the same. It turns itself OFF COMPLETELY. It's not the battery. It will happen anywhere from 10 minutes after I get on it, to 1 hour. No warning. Just shuts down. I have to push the...
  3. windows 10 update Feb 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update Feb 2019: Since allowing the Windows updating a few days ago, I have lost most of my desktop icons and have had to reinstall Microsoft outlook. I cannot find folders and some that I have found are in One Drive. Can someone please help?...
  4. Feb 2019 Windows Feature update failure

Feb 2019 Windows Feature update failure: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10 version 1803 for X64 based systems. Windows Update tells me there is a Features update available but for version 1809. I have tried several times to install but without success - is this an omen ? Should I be concerned that the update...
  5. Windows 10 latest update on Feb 22 2019

Windows 10 latest update on Feb 22 2019: When the update finished and restarted I got an error message as my sign in pin number was not working to start up the computer. After many attempts to change my password ended up opening up my computer and found out that it was set back to factory settings losing years of...
  6. Windows 10 Feb 2019 update

Windows 10 Feb 2019 update: My computer has been trying to update since Feb 9th 2019. For some reason it will not let me update. I have tried everything I have run virus scans a 4 hour computer scan to make sure everything was working with my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 -System bio 3.7.0...
  7. Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on new Dell 7586 (Feb 2019)

Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on new Dell 7586 (Feb 2019): I've searched for a clear way to do this-no luck. All semi relevant information was not recent. I'd like to do a clean install on a Dell laptop with no additional software. Anything I may decide I need I could always just download from Dell. I'd like just Windows 10 Pro and...
  8. Unable to disable laptop trackpad after Windows 10 update (Feb 2019)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to disable laptop trackpad after Windows 10 update (Feb 2019): After Windows 10 updated itself (Feb 11th 2019), my laptop trackpad was no longer disabled. I usually disable it because I have an external mouse plugged in via USB. Previous solutions for disabling the trackpad no longer seem to be available. I've tried all of the...
  9. Frustrating update Feb 2019

Frustrating update Feb 2019: So why does Microsoft have to have access to my stuff? Why can't I choose to have NO data sent? Why does it have to be all or some? Get your nose out of my business. Why did you delete my card games? I don't LIKE the ones that come with Windows 10. They are annoying. Why did...
  10. Stuck on Windows Update Feb 2019

Stuck on Windows Update Feb 2019: Hi, I started the latest Windows update yesterday evening around 6:30 pm and it reached "Working on updates 81%" and has been stuck at 81% completion since yesterday night. I checked this morning thinking maybe it needed some time but it has been well over 12 hours now....