Windows 10: Feb-Mar Cu's Show Both Installed and In-Progress with Old 20H2 Ver # Showing

Discus and support Feb-Mar Cu's Show Both Installed and In-Progress with Old 20H2 Ver # Showing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1909 to 20H2 Pro on 1/18/21 --- Settings OS Build shows earlier 19042.867 vs .906 now--- Feb CU KB4601319 on 2/9/21, Mar CU KB5000802 on 3/9/21, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CraigS0726, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Feb-Mar Cu's Show Both Installed and In-Progress with Old 20H2 Ver # Showing

1909 to 20H2 Pro on 1/18/21 --- Settings OS Build shows earlier 19042.867 vs .906 now--- Feb CU KB4601319 on 2/9/21, Mar CU KB5000802 on 3/9/21, and KB4023057 that showed in WU queue / Installed on 2/20/21 ALL Show -- Successfully Installed - In Settings/ Quality Updates History --- Two WU History apps showed - IN PROGRESS - for All 3 Updates and ONLY a WUMgr app I've since deleted had 0x80242014 by In Progress, which seems to imply Re-Start needed, BUT many have occurred since installs.

Any help is appreciated to correct this malfunction. Computer works fine other than this issue.

:)

CraigS0726, Mar 31, 2021

2. Old printer showing in "Add a Device"

Mr. Anand,

Thank you for your quick reply. I tried the steps as directed and the old printer does not show up as listed.

-Michael

Feb-Mar Cu's Show Both Installed and In-Progress with Old 20H2 Ver # Showing fc7f82e4-4b20-4651-8698-cc08b7053ede.gif

Michael Milnickel, Mar 31, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Feb-Mar Cu's Show Both Installed and In-Progress with Old 20H2 Ver # Showing

Update shows no progress

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Method 1:

Step 1: Unplug all your removable media

Please unplug all your removable media from the computer except the keyboard and mouse, such as removable disks, memory cards and USB flash drives.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot and try to install Windows Updates.

Perform Clean Boot which helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Refer to Windows 8.1 steps, as they are applicable to Windows 10.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Step 1: Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Select Check for Update.
    • Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Step 2: I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 from the link below and check.

Download Windows 10 and run the set up from the desktop.

Note: I highly recommend
    backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting the installation.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Feb-Mar Cu's Show Both Installed and In-Progress with Old 20H2 Ver # Showing

1. Feb-Mar Cu's Show Both Installed and In-Progress with Old 20H2 Ver # Showing - Similar Threads - Feb Mar Cu's

2. PC not showing any progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not showing any progress: I turned on my PC today and it stuck with the Windows logo. I turned it off and on and still the same.I cant remember any changes since the last time I work on this PC is last month. I just came back to see it but not booting at all.Please help me...
  3. PC not showing any progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not showing any progress: I turned on my PC today and it stuck with the Windows logo. I turned it off and on and still the same.I cant remember any changes since the last time I work on this PC is last month. I just came back to see it but not booting at all.Please help me...
  4. PC not showing any progress

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 20H2 installation is not showing progress

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 20H2 installation is not showing progress: I have windows 10 1909. there was a new update feature update of windows 10, version 20H2 I downloaded it but when it started installing it reached till 32% after it stuck at this percent and now it is not showing any progress....
  6. 20H2 Doesn't Show Fonts I Installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 Doesn't Show Fonts I Installed: Hi... Just got a Dell Optiplex 7010 with Win 10 Pro 20H2, build 19042.928. Windows Font Manager seems to work fine and I installed several Helvetica and Korinna fonts, all of which showed up fine right after installation. A few minutes later, none of them were available in...
  7. WAU Manager question. KB4571756 shows as "Install in progress?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WAU Manager question. KB4571756 shows as "Install in progress?: Via the normal Windows update, I see KB4571756 as "successfully installed", yet in WAU Manager, the same update shows as "Install in progress". Is this a normal glitch, or something I should be concerned with? [img] 164114
  8. Show download progress bar

in Browsers and Email
    Show download progress bar: After more than 15 years I switched browsers: I us now Microsoft Edge. I encountered many small differences between Edge and my previous browser but in the end I can do what I want with my new browser except for 1 thing: I used to see in Edge at the bottom of each page a...
  9. Show download progress bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show download progress bar: After more than 15 years I switched browsers: I us now Microsoft Edge. I encountered many small differences between Edge and my previous browser but in the end I can do what I want with my new browser except for 1 thing: I used to see in Edge at the bottom of each page a...
  10. Winlogon not showing update progress

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Winlogon not showing update progress: Today I accidentally clicked 'forgot password?' when logging in to windows, and after exiting that prompt because I didn't forgot my password, winlogon now always messages the same text, namely: "hang on..." translated from dutch, it could be something different. It is at...