Windows 10: Feb Patch Tuesday fixes, finally

Discus and support Feb Patch Tuesday fixes, finally in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tomorrow is the big dayHD performance issueTaskbar and morehttps://www.techadvisor.com/news/windows/windows-11-storage-performance-bug-fix-3812972/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by devilgas, Feb 7, 2022.

1. devilgas Win User

Feb Patch Tuesday fixes, finally

Tomorrow is the big dayHD performance issueTaskbar and morehttps://www.techadvisor.com/news/windows/windows-11-storage-performance-bug-fix-3812972/

:)

devilgas, Feb 7, 2022

2. Microsoft passes 130 security fixes for 2015 with final Patch Tuesday

Microsoft passes 130 security fixes for 2015 with final Patch Tuesday update
    by Dan Worth

09 Dec 2015

Microsoft issues final 2015 Patch Tuesday update

Microsoft has issued its final Patch Tuesday update of 2015, taking the total number of security fixes for the year to 135. This is well in excess of the 85 issued in 2014.

The December update contained 12 fixes, eight of which are rated critical while the other four are rated as important.

The critical fixes relate to key Microsoft products including Internet Explorer, its new Edge browser, the Silverlight video player and issues within Windows, as well as Skype for Business and Lync. The four important fixes all relate to Windows.

The MS15-124 fix for Internet Explorer is a cumulative update for the browser, fixing several issues. Microsoft said the most severe of these could allow remote code execution if a user visits a specifically crafted web page in IE. The Edge update fixes the same problem.

“An attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerabilities could gain the same user rights as the current user,” explains Microsoft in its notes.

Meanwhile, the MS15-128 fix covers similar issues in Microsoft Windows, .NET Framework, Microsoft Office, Skype for Business, Microsoft Lync and Silverlight.

“The vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted document or visits a web page that contains specially crafted embedded fonts," Microsoft's notes explain.

One other notable fix is MS15-135, which, while only rated as important, is the issue that Qualys CTO Wolfgang Kandek said businesses should focus on first, as it addresses a zero-day vulnerability within the Windows kernel.

“There is no further information about how widely spread the vulnerability and its exploit are, but it is worth a top spot in our priority list," he said.

Another fix Kandek said IT admins should focus on is MS15-131, which covers an issue within Microsoft Office and is rated as critical.

"CVE-2015-6172 is a critical vulnerability in Outlook that is triggered by a maliciously formatted email message," he said.

"There is no reasonable workaround: Microsoft suggests turning off the preview pane - the digital equivalent of 'Just don’t do it', so patch this vulnerability as soon as possible."

Kandek also said that while part of the increase in vulnerabilities found and fixed in 2015 can be attributed to the release of new products, such as Windows 10 and its Edge browser, the focus on finding security issues is also growing.

“The majority of the increase is due to new parts of the Windows ecosystem that are being investigated for the first time, a tendency that shows how much more important computer security has become over the years," he said.

Patch Tuesday

Microsoft passes 130 security fixes for 2015 with final Patch Tuesday update - IT News from V3.co.uk

hTconeM9user, Feb 7, 2022
  3. Does Patch Tuesday still exist

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Which Tuesdays patch you are referring to?
    • Which patch you are referring to? Is it for Windows or phone?
    I suggest you to refer to the Windows blog for the latest news and check if it helps.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 7, 2022
  4. Feb Patch Tuesday fixes, finally

When is November's Patch Tuesday please? Win10 (I'm confused by an overnight Flash Update KB4051613)

Yes, it is true that Flash update was not released on last month Patch Tuesday, it was shipped later(which is possible because MS promises cumulative updates only on Patch Tuesday)

This month's patch Tuesday would be on as usual 2nd Tuesday of the month which is 14th Nov 2017.

I am expecting a long list of fixes with it.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

Feb Patch Tuesday fixes, finally

1. Feb Patch Tuesday fixes, finally - Similar Threads - Feb Patch Tuesday

2. Missed Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missed Patch Tuesday: Hello, Have a question about Patch Tuesday, i can't get general answer about it and need advice. So in company for some reason was missed two month Patch Tuesday on endpoints, now need to renew it. Question is: does January Patch Tuesday contains missed month security...
  3. Feb Patch Tuesday fixes, finally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feb Patch Tuesday fixes, finally: Tomorrow is the big dayHD performance issueTaskbar and morehttps://www.techadvisor.com/news/windows/windows-11-storage-performance-bug-fix-3812972/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feb-patch-tuesday-fixes-finally/a820ddce-37a5-4865-83d4-8f47e5fe8e36
  4. Patch Tuesday Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Patch Tuesday Problems: I recently updated to the 2004 update with no issues. However, since the patch Tuesday update that was issued yesterday, my computer has been having serious problems out of the blue. Office apps won’t open (I tried to uninstall and reinstall, it won’t reinstall) Random...
  5. Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Patch Tuesday: I update an old win7 system to win10 (1903) a few months ago -- all was working find (a bit slow --- old hardware) until August's (2019) patch day --- I think there were 2 update --- one failed -- KB4512508 -- and when the OS reboot -- it was a nightmare I noticed...
  6. Patch Tuesday is active

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Patch Tuesday is active: CU for most every thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/patch-tuesday-is-active/ca9a1cd7-23e1-4452-bef4-71b5f180ad0b
  7. Patch Tuesday tomorrow?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Patch Tuesday tomorrow?: Does anyone know if the usual slew of patch Tuesday updates are due tomorrow ? I wonder if last Tuesday being a non working day for new year whether MS would class the 2nd Tuesday release for the 15th (if they follow a 2nd working Tuesday schedule) 124841
  8. No patch tuesday in January?

No patch tuesday in January?: That's weird? No Patch Tuesday this month? Yes, I did receive sóme updates (only the Windows Defender update and the mal. removal tool update and an Flash update...) but that's it for January 2018? 102035
  9. Patch Tuesday KB120677

Patch Tuesday KB120677: New cumulative update KB120677 No issues here. Follow this link for further information. https://support.microsoft.com/pt-pt/kb/3120677 31406
  10. Microsoft passes 130 security fixes for 2015 with final Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft passes 130 security fixes for 2015 with final Patch Tuesday: Microsoft passes 130 security fixes for 2015 with final Patch Tuesday update by Dan Worth 09 Dec 2015 Microsoft issues final 2015 Patch Tuesday update Microsoft has issued its final Patch Tuesday update of 2015, taking the total number of security fixes for the...