Windows 10: February Update issues (issues with drivers for unknown devices and USB is dead)

Discus and support February Update issues (issues with drivers for unknown devices and USB is dead) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; February Update seems to have completely messed up my computer (2022H2). USB ports area dead and update installed drivers for unknown devices: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/borut6565, Mar 6, 2023.

1. February Update issues (issues with drivers for unknown devices and USB is dead)

February Update seems to have completely messed up my computer (2022H2). USB ports area dead and update installed drivers for unknown devices:

- TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor (WBF advanced mode)

- Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor

- System Interface Foundation V2 Device

All those drivers fail to initialize with Object Name not found. These devices cannot be removed or drivers updated.

When it first happened about a week, I have finally managed to get it back running with System Restore, which did not remove this update, but at least it got rid of those unknown devices and USB worked again. Since this morning, all is kaput again.

submitted by /u/borut6565
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/borut6565, Mar 6, 2023
  2. Geosammy Win User

Unknown (nonexistent) USB Issues

Would anyone know what might be causing "unknown" and non present devices? The devices continually reinstall themselves, even after being uninstalled?
    Below is a small snapshot of the Device Manager.

February Update issues (issues with drivers for unknown devices and USB is dead) 260821d1577416719t-unknown-nonexistent-usb-issues-usb_fail.png

I only have a keyboard, mouse and external drive in use.
    nothing more is connected via USB.
    Yet those three unknown devices keep showing up?

Any questions or suggestions, about this would be great.

Geosammy, Mar 6, 2023
  3. Berton Win User
    Unknown (nonexistent) USB Issues

What I don't see in Device Manager's USB section is mention of Enhanced in one or more items which designates USB 2 support. Could be the drivers are not installed for USB 2 [usually come with the motherboard] or those ports are dead.
    Mine [yeah, it's busy]:

February Update issues (issues with drivers for unknown devices and USB is dead) 260827d1577421076t-unknown-nonexistent-usb-issues-usb-dm.png

Berton, Mar 6, 2023
  4. Dice Vil Win User

February Update issues (issues with drivers for unknown devices and USB is dead)

unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Mar 6, 2023
Thema:

February Update issues (issues with drivers for unknown devices and USB is dead)

1. February Update issues (issues with drivers for unknown devices and USB is dead) - Similar Threads - February Update issues

2. Bluetooth Issues and Unknown USB Device "Port Reset Failed"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Issues and Unknown USB Device "Port Reset Failed": I built my PC about 6 months ago. The mother board is Aororus x570 Elite WiFi. So the cable that manages wifi connection also establishes bluetooth. Two months ago my bluetooth stopped working all together. When I go to bluetooth in settings, there is no option to turn it on...
  3. Bluetooth Issues and Unknown USB Device "Port Reset Failed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Issues and Unknown USB Device "Port Reset Failed": I built my PC about 6 months ago. The mother board is Aororus x570 Elite WiFi. So the cable that manages wifi connection also establishes bluetooth. Two months ago my bluetooth stopped working all together. When I go to bluetooth in settings, there is no option to turn it on...
  4. Bluetooth Issues and Unknown USB Device "Port Reset Failed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Driver/Unknown Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver/Unknown Issue: Hey guys I have a PC I built a long time ago. I am recently having this problem, when I download something large (like a game) the computer makes the disconnect sound and the USB WiFi and Mouse stops working until I restart the computer and it happens everytime. I already...
  6. Driver issues with MIDI/USB device

Driver issues with MIDI/USB device: Okay I have a Casio px-150 Keyboard. Don't tell me to check the manufacturer website. It is supposed to use the generic drivers made for windows 10 to operate. USB plug and play. It recognizes the device but doesn't assign it any drivers. No don't ask me to run older drivers...
  7. Unknown USB Device - Win 10 Driver Issue RC Transmitter Connected via USB

Unknown USB Device - Win 10 Driver Issue RC Transmitter Connected via USB: I have an RC transmitter that I use for virtual drone software that would typically connect via USB as a controller. With Windows 10 it has continually showed up as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed in Device Manager when I plug it into the computer. It...
  8. USB driver issues in MTK devices.

USB driver issues in MTK devices.: Hello everyone, i`m having issue in my windows 10 laptop, whenever i try to connect my smartphone to laptop it did not connect. My phone is Redmi Note 8 pro MTK G90T can any one help me to fix this issue... Thank you In advance.....
  9. Unknown (nonexistent) USB Issues

Unknown (nonexistent) USB Issues: Would anyone know what might be causing "unknown" and non present devices? The devices continually reinstall themselves, even after being uninstalled? Below is a small snapshot of the Device Manager. [img] I only have a keyboard, mouse and external drive in use. nothing...
  10. USB devices issue

USB devices issue: My USB devices show up as "unspecified" on the control panel. 144771