Windows 10: fed up trying to keep microsoft photos from crashing

Discus and support fed up trying to keep microsoft photos from crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; repair or reset does nothing on Microsoft photos app. tried uninstalling then reinstalling but nothing works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by davidmatthews6, Nov 30, 2018.

1. fed up trying to keep microsoft photos from crashing

repair or reset does nothing on Microsoft photos app. tried uninstalling then reinstalling but nothing works.

:)

davidmatthews6, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Steve C Win User

Photos app crashes when trying to print

Does it crash if you try a different printer? Suggest you uninstall the printer driver then reinstall the latest driver. I guess you have uninstalled/reinstalled the Photos app? Have you tried the Store Apps Troubleshooter, sfc /scannow, chkdsk c; /f etc.?

Steve C, Nov 30, 2018
  3. ben201 Win User
    Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Nov 30, 2018
  4. abn505 Win User

fed up trying to keep microsoft photos from crashing

Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

fed up trying to keep microsoft photos from crashing

1. fed up trying to keep microsoft photos from crashing - Similar Threads - fed trying keep

2. Microsoft Photo keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo keeps crashing: Not sure what triggered but Photo keeps crashing and I can't even open anything anymore because it crashes right away.It is running Windows 10. Is there an update or something to fi this?...
  3. Microsoft Photo keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo keeps crashing: Not sure what triggered but Photo keeps crashing and I can't even open anything anymore because it crashes right away.It is running Windows 10. Is there an update or something to fi this?...
  4. FED UP WITH MICROSOFT AND LOSING PHOTOS

FED UP WITH MICROSOFT AND LOSING PHOTOS: I am so sick and tired of losing pictures while writing in my journal which includes photos that cannot be replaced: photos of my children and our family from years past-- many now lost; photos of my son who has passed away -- now lost. It there anything better than...
  5. FED UP WITH BING

FED UP WITH BING: How do I get rid of this it makes it difficult to start my computer and see my emails Stupid Bing, I can't see it in apps to uninstall it please help Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fed-up-with-bing/51f88a65-87e1-4bf9-b0b0-5d3e6548129e
  6. Hacked and fed up with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hacked and fed up with it: Cant get rid of them. Him / her. Somehow they managed to get onto two of my computers and get adminastative rights. Basically own my computers. So no matter what i do it has no effect. and ive been trying everything for the last three months. Every thing of any value is...
  7. I'm fed up with this.........................

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm fed up with this.........................: At least once a day I get a Notification - bottom right of screen Windows 10.......... "Microsoft Account Problem". If I click on this I get taken to a Settings window headed "Shared Experiences Accounts Some of your accounts require attention Fix Now" So when I...
  8. Microsoft Photos keeps crashing

Microsoft Photos keeps crashing: Hi, The photos app keeps crashing. I'm using an up to date version of Windows 10. I have tried to repair and reset the app. If I open the app from the start menu, it crashes immediately. If I try to open a photo, I get this error: File system error (-2147219196)...
  9. Fed up with Cookies....

in Windows 10 Support
    Fed up with Cookies....: What's the latest on blocking Cookie notices altogether.... ? 128070
  10. Microsoft Photos keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos keeps Crashing: When I try to open albums Photos keeps crashing and when I troubleshoot it it says not fixed, resetting and repairing it doesn't work is there a way to fix it...