Windows 10: Fed up with Windows Update installing nVidia driver automatically

Discus and support Fed up with Windows Update installing nVidia driver automatically in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello guys, I'm asking this question here because I truly have no clue what to do anymore to solve this problem. After a clean install of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnnyGui, Sep 6, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Fed up with Windows Update installing nVidia driver automatically

Hello guys,

I'm asking this question here because I truly have no clue what to do anymore to solve this problem. After a clean install of Windows (without internet connection), as soon as I connect to the internet, Windows downloads and installs an old Nvidia driver with its unneeded software (like HD Audio) by itself.

I want to prevent that and here is what I tried before connecting the Ethernet cable:
    1. Go to Windows Update group policy (see picture below), disabling 3, enabling 2 and configuring 1 to let Windows notify me before downloading and install any updates.

Fed up with Windows Update installing nVidia driver automatically [​IMG]

2. Setting the following option:

Fed up with Windows Update installing nVidia driver automatically [​IMG]

3. After those options I reboot, connect to the internet and immediately use the Hide Updates .diagcab tool to hide the Nvidia driver.

And yet, after all this, Windows Update still downloads and installs the Nvidia driver by itself

I know that I can remove the installed driver afterwards but I don't like to have traces of the old driver along with bloatware. I'd like to freshly install the isolated newest driver.

I just want to know how on earth I can prevent Windows Update to not install the Nvidia driver by itself. Why don't these settings work at all?

:)

JohnnyGui, Sep 6, 2018
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Automatic GPU drivers installed

Hey guys for the past 6 months I've been running a gtx 580 and I've just sent it back today as part of the step up program to get the gtx 680. For the next 2 weeks I will be using my old 9800 gtx+. I installed the card and booted the computer and upon getting to the windows screen, windows searched automatically online and installed drivers. I rebooted and checked the driver version, and sure enough, it had found and installed the latest drivers for my card.

I've always manually installed drivers by starting up the nvidia process and all that, what windows did, was it a sufficient driver install? When I get the gtx 680, I'm assuming it will do this again, would it be a smart idea to manually install the driver or would windows version do the exact same thing? Thanks guys.

lwgnlseven, Sep 6, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows 7 automatically installs drivers...

I've got another issue with Windows 7. It automatically installs drivers. I was uninstalling my Nvidia drivers and when I rebooted to reinstall, the operating system found the driver package and installed it on it's own. Can I shut this off?

Thema:

1. Fed up with Windows Update installing nVidia driver automatically - Similar Threads - Fed Update installing

2. Fed Up with iTunes for Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fed Up with iTunes for Windows: I'm not sure if I have this in the right section, but here goes. I am fed up with Apple... iTunes for Windows and my iPhone 7... I have been trying for over a week to get my photos on my PC to sync with my iPhone... I am lucky if about 1/3 of them get synced... I have...
  3. Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers: How do i stop windows 10 from automatically installing Nvidia drivers? submitted by /u/DmxDex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbmwe9/windows_10_automatically_installing_nvidia_drivers/
  4. Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers?: Or do I still need GeForce Experience (or manual download) like in 8.1? submitted by /u/sanijaro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ippj12/does_windows_10_automatically_update_nvidia/
  5. Hacked and fed up with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hacked and fed up with it: Cant get rid of them. Him / her. Somehow they managed to get onto two of my computers and get adminastative rights. Basically own my computers. So no matter what i do it has no effect. and ive been trying everything for the last three months. Every thing of any value is...
  6. Fed up with Cookies....

in Windows 10 Support
    Fed up with Cookies....: What's the latest on blocking Cookie notices altogether.... ? 128070
  7. Nvidia drivers automatically uninstall after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia drivers automatically uninstall after updating: I just update my dell g7 windows yesterday and then the next morning my Nvidia drivers automatically uninstall and i want to know what is happening. After i reinstall my driver from Nvidia website, i notice that when i game my fps kinda choking pretty bad, i need explanation....
  8. FED UP WITH WINDOWS 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FED UP WITH WINDOWS 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: This is insane!!! Who's going to pay for my new PC??? It's a nightmare using Windows 10! UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost ruined my PC once!! Sooooooooooooooooo slow!!! 10 seconds to open up the start MENU!!!! So unbearably slooooooooooow!!!! obviously it's my hardware but...
  9. Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.: I have a Quadro K1000M video chip set, WU in 9926 does not install a working driver. The only way to install a working driver is by going to Nvidia and downloading the driver and install from the file. This has happened twice with two versions. 4286
  10. Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia): Sorry if this has been addressed already (a search didn't yield exactly what I was looking for). I'm planning on doing a clean install of Win10 next weekend after upgrading from 7 x64 Pro. I'm wondering if anybody has a detailed account on what happens after the first load of...