Windows 10: FEDORA TO WINDOWS 10

Discus and support FEDORA TO WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a lenovo T400 laptop running on fedora o/s. I purchased the laptop with fedora already installed and there is a win vista sticker on the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by colinbarnett, May 25, 2020.

1. FEDORA TO WINDOWS 10

I have a lenovo T400 laptop running on fedora o/s. I purchased the laptop with fedora already installed and there is a win vista sticker on the bottom cover. I cannot get my head around fedora and would like to be able to install win 10. For this purpose i purchased a 120gb ssd and increased the ram to 6gb. I installed a bootable version of win 10 on the ssd and installed it in the computer. The computer booted up and started to run setup i got through a few windows but when i got to keeping my files or not my screen went blank and that was as far as i got with the install. I would really appreciate any help as my computer, although old is in lovely condition.

:)

colinbarnett, May 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 25, 2020
  3. PabloVB Win User
    Windows is not an option in the GRUB after installing Fedora, cannot boot Windows

I had windows as my first os and installed Fedora to make a dual boot, but after that I erased Fedora's partition and reinstalled it, after it only Fedora appeared in the GRUB so i cannot boot into windows.

I already tried these two options:

But it doesn't seems to work.

I know that my files are still there because i can see the partitions from Fedora

PabloVB, May 25, 2020
  4. FEDORA TO WINDOWS 10

fedora 11 and virtualization

i suggest trying VMware instead of just the generic fedora program....

Braveheart, May 25, 2020
Thema:

FEDORA TO WINDOWS 10

1. FEDORA TO WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - FEDORA

2. Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.: Hello ! This morning, I switched from Fedora 32 to Fedora 39. I have a dual boot Fedora / Windows. But since I installed Fedora 39, I can't choose to boot Fedora or Windows, it always launch Fedora 39. I tried to press F9 when the computer is starting, but I can't see any...
  3. Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.: Hello ! This morning, I switched from Fedora 32 to Fedora 39. I have a dual boot Fedora / Windows. But since I installed Fedora 39, I can't choose to boot Fedora or Windows, it always launch Fedora 39. I tried to press F9 when the computer is starting, but I can't see any...
  4. Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The problem of Windows not loading when installing fedora

The problem of Windows not loading when installing fedora: Hi all, I recently installed Fedora alongside Windows and Fedora works fine, but when I click on Windows in Grub, the computer resets and Windows won't boot. I thought Grub chose the wrong partition to boot Windows from, so I changed it. I did this, but the problem was not...
  6. The problem of Windows not loading when installing fedora

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problem of Windows not loading when installing fedora: Hi all, I recently installed Fedora alongside Windows and Fedora works fine, but when I click on Windows in Grub, the computer resets and Windows won't boot. I thought Grub chose the wrong partition to boot Windows from, so I changed it. I did this, but the problem was not...
  7. The problem of Windows not loading when installing fedora

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Standard Hardware support is not available after I signed my own secure boot keys in fedora

Standard Hardware support is not available after I signed my own secure boot keys in fedora: So I dual-booted my laptop, now I have Windows 11 and Fedora 38 and after installing NVIDIA drivers and manually signing them to the secure boot keys using mokutil in Fedora,I checked Device Security in Windows and it says Standard Hardware support is not available for this...
  9. Standard Hardware support is not available after I signed my own secure boot keys in fedora

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Hardware support is not available after I signed my own secure boot keys in fedora: So I dual-booted my laptop, now I have Windows 11 and Fedora 38 and after installing NVIDIA drivers and manually signing them to the secure boot keys using mokutil in Fedora,I checked Device Security in Windows and it says Standard Hardware support is not available for this...
  10. Laptop Keeps asking for bitlocker key after I installed fedora on a partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keeps asking for bitlocker key after I installed fedora on a partition: Same as tittle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-asking-for-bitlocker-key-after-i/0c02c0af-2f36-4a8b-8583-548138bb2cc5