Windows 10: Feedback: Gaming on Multi-Monitor Support/Handling

Discus and support Feedback: Gaming on Multi-Monitor Support/Handling in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everything defaults to "Main Display"... When you start a game it it starts on "Main Display"... which is OK. But when you install programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tae Song, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Tae Song Win User

Everything defaults to "Main Display"...

When you start a game it it starts on "Main Display"... which is OK.

But when you install programs (Example: Discord voice chat) it puts the icons behind the game screen (Main Display) desktop... it forces the user to move the game window or switch back to desktop.

Solution: Shortcuts show up on the left monitor... or even right monitor. You can't use shortcuts behind the game screen, unless you move the game window or swap to desktop (which isn't necessary if are using multiple monitor). That gets to be annoying.

Also Install dialog and program launched for the 1st time also pops up behind the game screen.

Another problem, when you upgrade the graphics driver, it resets the taskbar (even if it's locked) back to the "Main Display". I had to keep it to the far right to prevent accidental clicks.

Notices (Windows and web browsers) popup on the "Main Display"... I want notices, but not necessarily on the "Main Display".

They might be considered "minor" annoyances, but you don't want to be selling an annoying product. It was annoying enough I am posting about it.

Just customer feedback.

Maybe you could come up with better solution. Designate a game monitor?

:)

Tae Song, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

It's no conspiracy theory. They hate PC gaming.

TheGuruStud, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Feedback: Gaming on Multi-Monitor Support/Handling

No multi monitor screensaver support in Windows 10?

I just found this this software that handles multi-monitor screensavers perfectly, among other things. It's $35 after a one month trail. There are probably other third party programs out there that might be free, but I was really impressed with this one
    so I thought I would share before I unfollowed the thread. I appreciate all the time and effort the Windows team has dedicated to post-release product support! I realize hiring even one employee solely for that purpose is already a very costly thing for a
    global top 100 corporation.

DisplayFusion

dbsmithers, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Feedback: Gaming on Multi-Monitor Support/Handling - Similar Threads - Feedback Gaming Multi

2. Every patch causes multi monitor support to fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every patch causes multi monitor support to fail: Why does dual monitor support stop working after every windows update? EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have to go through an re-install all my drivers, and if lucky that will fix things. This is not a why did the patch mess up my monitors. It is why does this happen EVERY SINGLE TIME I...
  3. Every patch causes multi monitor support to fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every patch causes multi monitor support to fail: Why does dual monitor support stop working after every windows update? EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have to go through an re-install all my drivers, and if lucky that will fix things. This is not a why did the patch mess up my monitors. It is why does this happen EVERY SINGLE TIME I...
  4. Every patch causes multi monitor support to fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11: Despite enabling the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option in Remote Desktop Connection in Win11 connecting with a Win7 host, the session only display 1 screen. Both the host and view machines have 2 monitors each and are configured in the same orientation.Dual...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11: Despite enabling the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option in Remote Desktop Connection in Win11 connecting with a Win7 host, the session only display 1 screen. Both the host and view machines have 2 monitors each and are configured in the same orientation.Dual...
  7. Multi-Account Support!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi-Account Support!!: iOS users really need multi-account access and "Copy task to.." option for windows is really needed. submitted by /u/BruceWyn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eks1wp/multiaccount_support/
  8. Test Computer Monitor for Gaming & Motion Handling

in Windows 10 News
    Test Computer Monitor for Gaming & Motion Handling: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Take these tests if you want to find out how good is your computer display for motion handling & gaming. You can check Eye Tracking, Persistence, Ghosting, Black frames, Motion blur, Moving images, Defective Pixels, Uniformity, Color Distances, Gradient,...
  9. Feedback Support Followup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Feedback Support Followup?: Outstanding Microsoft Case Numbers STILL unresolved: I have started several cases with Microsoft regarding security and stability of the Windows 10 operating system for over two years now, and they still have not been resolved, and I have received several insulting emails...
  10. Multi monitor support is abysmal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi monitor support is abysmal: What is this utter garbage? Once I activate two monitors it's like the third doesn't exist. Even activating the second is a chore as I have to first duplicate and then extend before the third will even become an option. On previous versions, activating monitors was a breeze....