Windows 10: Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues

Discus and support Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to all Windows 10 users globally on October 2. The company released the update without pushing it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 11, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues

Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to all Windows 10 users globally on October 2. The company released the update without pushing it to the Release Preview ring, the final ring before a public roll out.

Soon after the release of Windows 10 version 1809, users started to complain of a bug which deleted their files from the libraries without a warning during installation.

After receiving isolated reports, Microsoft later blocked the rollout of Windows 10 version 1809 to fix the bug. The company re-released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update after fixing the deletion bug to Slow and Release Ring Insiders.

Along with re-releasing the update, Microsoft has also made some changes to the Feedback Hub. The Redmond Giant has updated the Feedback Hub with a new option which now lets users rate the severity of the bug.

This step has been taken by the company to make sure that such fiasco doesn’t happen again after a public roll out. Feedback Hub is the main app which provides the Windows Insider team with details of all the bugs which users come across during the testing period.

Whenever a feedback is filed in the Feedback Hub, users will now be asked to rate “how does this problem impact your experience”. The bug can be rated on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the most critical.

This new option would help the Windows Insider team to prevent any issues like the data deletion, which left users with loss of their personal files after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1809.

“We believe this will allow us to better monitor the most impactful issues even when feedback volume is low. To get this to customers as quickly as possible, we have enabled this feature in English only. The team is working to bring it to more languages soon,” Brandon LeBlanc announced this week.

Microsoft is currently testing the fix for the deletion bug with Insiders before it is released to all Windows 10 users. Do you like the new rating system introduced by Microsoft, let us know your thoughts in the comments below?

The post Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 11, 2018
  2. DavidY65 Win User

Feedback Hub version 1.1708.2831.0 won't let me log Feedback - infinite circling dots

For some reason I can no longer log feedback in the Feedback Hub version 1.1708.2831.0.

When I try to Add Feedback, I just get circling dots which circle forever.

However the Feedback Hub app itself had seemed to open correctly and for instance seems to behave correctly when showing news items on the content of the latest Insider build.

I've seen the same behaviour on

• A 32-bit machine where I clean-installed Windows 10 version 1709 (setup with a local account)
    • A 32-bit VM where I clean-installed Windows 10 version 1709 (setup with a local account)
    • The same 32-bit VM where I clean-installed Windows 10 version 1709 (this time setup with a MS account which is an Insider and I've used to log several items of feedback with this account)
    • A 64-bit machine running version 1703, but where it has been updated to the latest version of the Feedback Hub app.
    Edited to add: all 4 machines are running Windows 10 Pro.

As I've seen it on different machines and different MS Accounts, including freshly clean-installed machines where I've done nothing except try to open the hub, this would suggest it's not an issue with the configuration of the machine or the accounts I'm
    using.

Obviously I'd normally log this type of thing using the Feedback Hub itself , but ....

DavidY65, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    insider feedback hub

Hi,

We need to ask you the following questions so we can help you with your concern:

• When did you started to notice that feedback hub could not sign you in?
    • Do you remember when was the last time you were able to use the feedback hub?
    • Did you receive any error message when you open feedback hub?
    • Have you already tried updating your Windows Insider version?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues

Windows 10 Feedback Hub picks up comment reply feature

Read more: Windows 10 Feedback Hub picks up comment reply feature | On MSFT

Brink, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues - Similar Threads - Feedback Hub include

2. Issues after Windows updates. Most apps including Settings, Feedback hub, cmd etc not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues after Windows updates. Most apps including Settings, Feedback hub, cmd etc not opening: Hello, since Saturday I have been having serious issues with Windows 10.After the update my desktop view changed, my set background and several program links disappeared. I also found that I could not use the search menu or settings menu.Also the default language had removed...
  3. Issues after Windows updates. Most apps including Settings, Feedback hub, cmd etc not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after Windows updates. Most apps including Settings, Feedback hub, cmd etc not opening: Hello, since Saturday I have been having serious issues with Windows 10.After the update my desktop view changed, my set background and several program links disappeared. I also found that I could not use the search menu or settings menu.Also the default language had removed...
  4. Issues after Windows updates. Most apps including Settings, Feedback hub, cmd etc not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Feedback Hub: How can I give feedback if my organization has disabled Feedback Hub? It is totally missing from Apps and Features. Is there no website where feedback can be sent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub/fd7dbb5e-df48-46c0-80cf-0dab7d122833
  6. Feedback Hub?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feedback Hub?: Feedback Hub? Right of the clock. lower right corner there is symbol. Notifications. Notices do appear. On Sept. 9, 2020 a Notice appeared. I checked Out the Notice. What appeared. Feedback Hub "Windows recently updated your device. How satisfied are your with the...
  7. Feedback Hub - Need a newer version of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feedback Hub - Need a newer version of windows: Feedback Hub says: Thanks for helping... But we must move on. You can still send feedback, but if you want to see and upvote feedback from others, you will need to upgrade to a newer version of Windows. This does not make sense because I have 1903 latest fast ring build...
  8. Several bugs/issues with Windows 10 1809. Feedback Hub not working for me...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several bugs/issues with Windows 10 1809. Feedback Hub not working for me...: Hello everybody. I know this isn't the place for posting bug reports, but I've tried to use the Feedback Hub tool and it says that it's not available in my region, so I can't use it to report bugs to Microsoft. Weird, given that no matter what region of the world you are in,...
  9. Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the October 2018 Update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1809, on October 2, 2018 to the public. The update is not pushed out automatically through Windows Update but requires that users and administrators install it manually for the time being....
  10. Feedback Hub introduces ability to indicate severity of issues

in Windows 10 News
    Feedback Hub introduces ability to indicate severity of issues: Today we have enabled a new feature in the Feedback Hub. You can now provide an indication of the severity of your issue and how it is impacting your experience when filing new feedback. [ATTACH] We believe this will allow us to better monitor the most impactful issues...