Windows 10: Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues

Discus and support Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to all Windows 10 users globally on October 2. The company released the update without pushing it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 11, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues

Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to all Windows 10 users globally on October 2. The company released the update without pushing it to the Release Preview ring, the final ring before a public roll out.

Soon after the release of Windows 10 version 1809, users started to complain of a bug which deleted their files from the libraries without a warning during installation.

After receiving isolated reports, Microsoft later blocked the rollout of Windows 10 version 1809 to fix the bug. The company re-released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update after fixing the deletion bug to Slow and Release Ring Insiders.

Along with re-releasing the update, Microsoft has also made some changes to the Feedback Hub. The Redmond Giant has updated the Feedback Hub with a new option which now lets users rate the severity of the bug.

This step has been taken by the company to make sure that such fiasco doesn’t happen again after a public roll out. Feedback Hub is the main app which provides the Windows Insider team with details of all the bugs which users come across during the testing period.

Whenever a feedback is filed in the Feedback Hub, users will now be asked to rate “how does this problem impact your experience”. The bug can be rated on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the most critical.

This new option would help the Windows Insider team to prevent any issues like the data deletion, which left users with loss of their personal files after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1809.

“We believe this will allow us to better monitor the most impactful issues even when feedback volume is low. To get this to customers as quickly as possible, we have enabled this feature in English only. The team is working to bring it to more languages soon,” Brandon LeBlanc announced this week.

Microsoft is currently testing the fix for the deletion bug with Insiders before it is released to all Windows 10 users. Do you like the new rating system introduced by Microsoft, let us know your thoughts in the comments below?

The post Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 11, 2018
  2. DavidY65 Win User

Feedback Hub version 1.1708.2831.0 won't let me log Feedback - infinite circling dots

For some reason I can no longer log feedback in the Feedback Hub version 1.1708.2831.0.

When I try to Add Feedback, I just get circling dots which circle forever.

However the Feedback Hub app itself had seemed to open correctly and for instance seems to behave correctly when showing news items on the content of the latest Insider build.

I've seen the same behaviour on

• A 32-bit machine where I clean-installed Windows 10 version 1709 (setup with a local account)
    • A 32-bit VM where I clean-installed Windows 10 version 1709 (setup with a local account)
    • The same 32-bit VM where I clean-installed Windows 10 version 1709 (this time setup with a MS account which is an Insider and I've used to log several items of feedback with this account)
    • A 64-bit machine running version 1703, but where it has been updated to the latest version of the Feedback Hub app.
    Edited to add: all 4 machines are running Windows 10 Pro.

As I've seen it on different machines and different MS Accounts, including freshly clean-installed machines where I've done nothing except try to open the hub, this would suggest it's not an issue with the configuration of the machine or the accounts I'm
    using.

Obviously I'd normally log this type of thing using the Feedback Hub itself , but ....

DavidY65, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    insider feedback hub

Hi,

We need to ask you the following questions so we can help you with your concern:

• When did you started to notice that feedback hub could not sign you in?
    • Do you remember when was the last time you were able to use the feedback hub?
    • Did you receive any error message when you open feedback hub?
    • Have you already tried updating your Windows Insider version?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues

Windows 10 Feedback Hub picks up comment reply feature

Read more: Windows 10 Feedback Hub picks up comment reply feature | On MSFT

Brink, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Feedback Hub to now include Bug severity Ratings after Windows 10 version 1809 issues - Similar Threads - Feedback Hub include

2. Feedback Hub introduces ability to indicate severity of issues

in Windows 10 News
    Feedback Hub introduces ability to indicate severity of issues: Today we have enabled a new feature in the Feedback Hub. You can now provide an indication of the severity of your issue and how it is impacting your experience when filing new feedback. [ATTACH] We believe this will allow us to better monitor the most impactful issues...
  3. Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feedback Hub: I have a grip of file folders and files in the feedback hub. I upgraded to Windows 10 months back but have had continuous problems with connected devices, drivers, etc. So the files in the feedback hub were created within the last couple of months. Can I delete all these...
  4. Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring

in Windows 10 Support
    Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring: Why are these in my default "Documents" folder? Their presence there crash creating a mirror using Robocopy. Can they be removed without any negative effects? Thanks for any thoughts. 114112
  5. my feedback not showing up in the feedback hub

my feedback not showing up in the feedback hub: Microsoft: I posted two feedback in the hub, same one because the first one didn't show up in the feedback. I did it again and still not showing up. Any ideas as to why they are not showing up and what to do with it?...
  6. Feedback Hub not working.

Feedback Hub not working.: Is this another 1803 gremlin ? I went to use the Feedback Hub installed app and thought I would sign in for this one rather than use it anonymously. All I get is this: [img] I have tried resetting the app (no change once I try and sign in) and also uninstalling and...
  7. View feedback hub in browser. ..?

View feedback hub in browser. ..?: How do I view feedback hub in browse . ...? 55111
  8. Feedback hub app

Feedback hub app: This app just updated and when I went to go into it after it loads and says 'something went wrong we're having trouble loading the info needed to send feedback, check your connection'. Is anyone else seeing the same? Our internet is fine, store app loads fine etc etc. I'm...
  9. Insider Preview App Update - Feedback Hub version 1.1702.653.0

in Windows 10 News
    Insider Preview App Update - Feedback Hub version 1.1702.653.0: Feedback Hub App version 1.1702.653.0 Applicable Ring(s): Windows Insider Fast and Slow Hi Windows Insiders, We love hearing from you and seeing your feedback! We also want you to have the best experience in providing feedback and being able to track of it. You've...
  10. Feedback Hub Collections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Feedback Hub Collections in Windows 10: Hi Windows Insiders, Happy New Year! You all are the most awesome Insiders ever! Here in the Feedback Hub team, we love feedback, we love hearing from you, and we love being able to clearly understand what you want us to go after to make your experience better in the app....