Windows 10: Feedback needed from other Media Creation Tool users?

Discus and support Feedback needed from other Media Creation Tool users? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm just trying to understand why I'm having issues with the Media Creation Tool method for creating a bootable USB flash drive to clean install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan148, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Feedback needed from other Media Creation Tool users?

Hi,
    I'm just trying to understand why I'm having issues with the Media Creation Tool method for creating a bootable USB flash drive to clean install Windows 10. I know there are Diskpart and Rufus as alternatives so that's not a problem.
    I'm annoyed that Ive had four attempts at the MCT method in the last 12 months and it only ever worked the first time and I cant for the life in me figure out why? The other 3 times it downloaded fine and then stopped at 51% while creating the media saying there had been an unexpected error .
    I bought a brand new Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 flash drive and did a Full format on the drive first..still no joy.
    I'm wondering do you guys who have no issues with the Media Creation Tool turn off Real Time scanning (disable antivirus software) while you download and run the Media Creation Tool? In my case I have McAfee on my laptop. I cant see that being the problem because you should leave real time scanning running all the time

:)

sportsfan148, Jan 19, 2018
  2. LEEFH33 Win User

WIN10 UPDATES ARE NOT WORKING SINCE DEC2017

The only last resort is to reinstall using Media Creation Tool.

This means all my other drivers, softwares & files would be erased. Sigh!

Also, many people have feedback that Media Creation Tool isn't working.......

How can I stop/de-activate WIN10 updates?

It seems MS made updates impossible to stop. Sigh!

It's frustrating as I need this PC for work!

LEEFH33, Jan 19, 2018
  3. How to upgrade windows 10 offline

You need to ask a friend to download the media creation tool from here:

Windows 10 herunterladen

Frederik Long, Jan 19, 2018
  4. sn00ker Win User

Feedback needed from other Media Creation Tool users?

Whats real time security ? If I recall I just download and let MCT do its thing . I'm also not a fan of Sandisk but that's just me. I never have a problem with MCT.

sn00ker, Jan 19, 2018
  5. enigma101 Win User
    Never had a problem with the Media Creation Tool and i must have used it 50+ times over the years. Most of the time I've used the same 8GB Lexar USB stick to make the media. I've never used McAfee though so this may be the issue here.

enigma101, Jan 19, 2018
  6. Real time security is Mcafee Antivirus security that is running in the background as you use the PC. Real Time Scanning its sometimes called

7. sn00ker Win User
    What I would do then I would disable your anti-virus software altogether . I mean your not going to get anything ( viruses ) coming from Microsoft website . Afterwards once MCT has done with creating your flash drive then re activate your anti-virus software, see if that works . I like using Kingston flash drives, just my preference

sn00ker, Jan 19, 2018
  8. Berton Win User

I've never had a problem with MCT in getting either the bootable USB Thumb drive or the .iso file for burning the DVD. I get the third choice on the list that includes both the 32-bit and 64-bit version, more than 4GB in size. I use a 16GB drive and can add the later updates as they become available. If it's the .iso file for both usually need the DVD+R/DL disc as it is too large for a standard DVD disc.

Berton, Jan 19, 2018
  9. Thanks for your feedback guys. It looks like its nothing to do with Antivirus software. Apparently there is an on going issue that they are aware of with the Media Creation Tool concerning the error message that has been spoken out about by other people on other threads on here where the MCT fails at 51%. The suggestion for people who have the issue is to use either Rufus or Diskpart instead

10. Berton Win User
    Many times downloads from Microsoft tend to "stall" but can be resumed, usually without issue with the final completion. One doing the download is best served by paying attention, the quicker it can be resumed the less time one has to be watching.

Berton, Jan 19, 2018
  11. A few times in the past when I tried to download the ISO through the MCT it would finish the download but take an inordinate amount of time to create the ISO - like 5 minutes to go from 20% to 21%.

So now I just directly download the ISO from MS (by going to the download page in Linux) and creating the USB drive with Rufus. It's faster than the MCT and avoids these image creation issues.

PolarNettles, Jan 19, 2018
  12. sn00ker Win User
    Sportsfan I wouldn't be surprised if it were Sandisk the cause of the problem

sn00ker, Jan 19, 2018
  13. Berton Win User

I use the Verbatim Stripe brand of USB Thumb drives for mine.

EDIT: The brand is actually Verbatim PinStripe.

Berton, Jan 19, 2018
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    I almost exclusively use SanDisk Ultra Dual USB 3.0, and never had an issue. I've got a couple Verbatims too.

NavyLCDR, Jan 19, 2018
  15. sn00ker Win User
    Sandisk just doesn't like me I guess lol . I have bought a couple of them in the past and always had problems with them. In fact I just bought Sandisk ultra 64gb micro sdxc card for my new phone and after 2 days of using it I'm getting problems when I boot up my phone, it wants to always scan the card for errors . If I put in my kingston 16gb card no problems . Win some, lose some

sn00ker, Jan 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Feedback needed from other Media Creation Tool users? - Similar Threads - Feedback needed Media

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool: Hi.May I ask if anyone have experienced the same error message in regards to running this Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and if there's a solution to it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/eda5cd87-7be7-4191-899a-59756363cd45
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  6. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  7. Need media creation tool 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need media creation tool 1909: Alright, so I need to reinstall windows, but my device inst supported by 2004 yet. I know I could technically install 2004 on it, but I'll do anything to avoid bugs, therefore I would like the 1909 media creation tool. Thanks in advance submitted by /u/lynet_101 [link]...
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to try and get Windows onto a newly purchased hard drive. I have a blank USB Flash Drive with 14 GB of free space, but I'm still receiving an error message telling me that I need to have at least 8 GB of space. I don't understand why I...
  10. Media Tool Creation

Media Tool Creation: Is the Media Tool illegal to use if I use it to Install/Upgrade Windows 10 even if I have a single license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-tool-creation/15902f96-7385-4f40-8ad8-7247474e1083