Windows 10: [Feedback] New Ways Of Windows Showing Sound Level

Discus and support [Feedback] New Ways Of Windows Showing Sound Level in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to comment on the new way of windows trying to show the audio level on the taskbar. For me, it's a really inconvenient approach of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zafran, May 18, 2019.

1. Zafran Win User

[Feedback] New Ways Of Windows Showing Sound Level

Hi, I would like to comment on the new way of windows trying to show the audio level on the taskbar. For me, it's a really inconvenient approach of showing 3 audio level curves in grey if the sound is low and 3 level curves in white if the sound level is high.

I would like to request for the older approach where the curves number corresponds to the current volume level as my monitor are not great at comparing between grey and white.

If there's a way for me to revert to the old approach please tell me. Thanks and have a nice day.

:)

Zafran, May 18, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Is there a way to always start the computer at the same sounds level

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Sound icon on the Taskbar.
    • Click on Sound and Select Playback tab.
    • Right Click on Speakers and Select
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and adjust the sound level as per your requirement and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check if the sound level remains same.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 18, 2019
  3. Sound levels settins question

I have noticed that with Windows 10 the sound has been all over the map. I have set the sound levels but if I go back and listen to something it will suddenly be yelling. I have noticed this with flash enabled web ads or sound ads. I have also notice that
    the set sound levels for a video editing software I use. Is there a way to permanently set the sound levels once and for all or will I always have to fix them.

Any suggest would be great.

vanessa6297, May 18, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue [Feedback] New Ways Of Windows Showing Sound Level :p

cadaveca, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. [Feedback] New Ways Of Windows Showing Sound Level - Similar Threads - Feedback Ways Showing

2. sound level on the sound system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  3. sound level on the sound system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  4. Is there a way I could hide my name that shows under my feedback on Feedback Hub?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way I could hide my name that shows under my feedback on Feedback Hub?: Hi, I am not sure if this is the right space to ask this but, I have concerns about what the title says.I want to know if there is a way to either delete the feedback I submitted on the Feedback Hub OR hide my name that shows under my feedback....
  5. Is there a way I could hide my name that shows under my feedback on Feedback Hub?

Is there a way I could hide my name that shows under my feedback on Feedback Hub?: Hi, I am not sure if this is the right space to ask this but, I have concerns about what the title says.I want to know if there is a way to either delete the feedback I submitted on the Feedback Hub OR hide my name that shows under my feedback....
  6. Weird sound level

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird sound level: [ATTACH] Hello there, I have a weird thing on my computer and wondered if anyone has ever seen that. It make the headset sound not increase in a straight line, but more like a parable. So when the sound is not 100%, it is greatly reduced. Sound level at 92 Sound...
  7. Feedback Hub not showing recent feedback

Feedback Hub not showing recent feedback: I have been attempting to upvote and comment on a recent feedback item in the Hub (entitled "Excel in background process"). The Hub app appears to be operating normally, but my upvote is not shown in "My feedback", or at least it is not shown consistently, and similarly the...
  8. sound level of adverts

sound level of adverts: Why is it that those adverts MS is pushing have such high volume levels? Or is that just another devious way to try to get people pay for what always has been a free game.... I have adjusted the sound levels of my games, programmes etc so that they are just like I want them...
  9. Sound feedback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound feedback: I'm getting sound feedback from the microphone when my headphone and microphone are plugged into the front audio jacks and the sound playback is set to external speakers. Can someone advise how to fix this? Thanks....
  10. sound levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound levels: I have been using Windows 8 for four years with great sound. We changed to Windows 10 recently and since then the sound levels are pathetic, really low. Both on headphones and without them. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop. Anyone have some input? Thanks, biddy...