Windows 10: Feedback on "Help" from the web feature

Discus and support Feedback on "Help" from the web feature in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Another rant on Windows's horrible UX. I'm trying to change the start menu color in the Settings, but can't find where to do it. On the right side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wasmachien, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Feedback on "Help" from the web feature

Another rant on Windows's horrible UX. I'm trying to change the start menu color in the Settings, but can't find where to do it. On the right side panel, I see a link "Changing Start Menu color" and of course click on it, because that will take me to the place where I can change the start menu color. Right?

Oh no, clicking that link launches Edge and searches Bing with a predefined query. The result window contains instructions on how to change my start color, including a button that will open the right Settings menu. (Of course, I need to click another button to tell Edge that I accept that Bing is allowed to open an application on my computer.) The settings app opens again. I now see that the header in that panel says "Help from the web".

Microsoft, when I click a link "Changing the Start menu color", please take me directly to the right menu. Don't launch a browser just to show me a button that I can click to go there. Aren't you one of the biggest software vendors in the world? Who comes up with these UX anti-patterns?

/rant

submitted by /u/wasmachien
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wasmachien, Sep 1, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge - Features are missing!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 and bringing this to our notice.

We would suggest you to send a feedback by asking the feature you are looking for.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Send feedback.
    • Follow the on-line instructions.
    Refer to these steps to pin a website to start screen:

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Pin to Start
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Feedback Hub can't connect to the web (1703)

Hi,

About your issue, please answer the question:

• What do you mean you can't connect to the web?
    • You cannot open Feedback Hub? or you can open it but Feedback hub is not loading?
    • Any error messages?

Please check this article:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted files
    . It contains troubleshooting steps for us to check if there are missing or corrupted files.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Feedback on "Help" from the web feature

Calander help

Hi Erik,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Unfortunately, this feature is not available in Windows 10 calendar app.

I suggest you to give your feedback in Windows Feedback app.

Steps to go to feedback app:

• Go to search tab.

• Type Windows feedback.

• Click the App.
    If you have any issues related to Windows in future, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Feedback on "Help" from the web feature

1. Feedback on "Help" from the web feature - Similar Threads - Feedback Help web

2. Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request: Not sure how much of an edge case I am. I love Windows Hello for verification but the window pops up on various screens. Making it hard to verify quickly without moving the window.I'd like to be able to set the Windows Hello Prompt default location. I'd ideally want to be...
  3. Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request: Not sure how much of an edge case I am. I love Windows Hello for verification but the window pops up on various screens. Making it hard to verify quickly without moving the window.I'd like to be able to set the Windows Hello Prompt default location. I'd ideally want to be...
  4. Get Help and Feedback Hub crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Get Help and Feedback Hub crashes: Split from this thread.The biggest irony, for me at least, is that if I open ANY Settings page and click on "Get help" or "Give feedback" in the sidebar, those two apps also crash instantly. It's impossible for me to use these features as of the latest Windows Update....
  5. Get Help and Feedback Hub crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Help and Feedback Hub crashes: Split from this thread.The biggest irony, for me at least, is that if I open ANY Settings page and click on "Get help" or "Give feedback" in the sidebar, those two apps also crash instantly. It's impossible for me to use these features as of the latest Windows Update....
  6. New collaboration features on OneDrive for web

in Windows 10 News
    New collaboration features on OneDrive for web: You probably know that Microsoft OneDrive backs up and protects your personal files and photos and gives you anywhere access across all your devices. But did you know that OneDrive also powers your file sharing and document collaboration? The “share”...
  7. Help with audio feedback loop from Realtek drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with audio feedback loop from Realtek drivers: I just finished building my first PC (i3 9100f, gtx1650, Asus Prime b365m) and I can't seem to work out a sound bug I keep having. When in discord (and in doing a screen recording) there is an almost complete audio feedback loop of the sound playing through my headset, to...
  8. New AI features in Outlook on the web

in Windows 10 News
    New AI features in Outlook on the web: You’ve heard Office has been adding intelligent technology across the suite to help you stay ahead of threats and keep you in the flow of work. We’ve also been working in Outlook to deliver intelligence that will help you stay organized and get things done. In the next few...
  9. Share Feedback from Feedback Hub in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share Feedback from Feedback Hub in Windows 10: How to: Share Feedback from Feedback Hub in Windows 10 How to Share Feedback from Feedback Hub in Windows 10 You can use the Feedback Hub app to help Microsoft make Windows better! Provide feedback about Windows and apps by sharing your suggestions or problems. After...
  10. feedback and diag help

in Windows 10 Support
    feedback and diag help: i cannot change send your device data to windows it says some settings are controlled by your organisation but i have admin access 18891