Windows 10: Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive!

Discus and support Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm writing regarding Microsoft's decision to remove the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11. I understand this was driven by a new design... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nicky7d, Aug 13, 2023.

1. Nicky7d Win User

Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive!

I'm writing regarding Microsoft's decision to remove the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11. I understand this was driven by a new design direction, but I have noticed several unintended consequences and I'd like to shed light on why having the option matters:Boosting Productivity: Customizable taskbar placement caters to diverse workflows, allowing users to optimize their screen real estate. Placing the taskbar on the side helps multitaskers organize apps efficiently, while a clutter-free bottom placement benefits those who value a distraction-free workspace.Prioritizing Accessibility:

:)

Nicky7d, Aug 13, 2023
  2. Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Aug 13, 2023
  3. Placement of the taskbar (not the icons on the taskbar)

I expect too Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive! :) You can try 3rd party taskbar though if you want:

Improve Windows 11 Taskbar functionality using these tools - Your Windows Guide

Describing the free one:

ExplorerPatcherExplorerPatcher is a 3rd party tool that aims to bring the older Windows 10 styled functionality in the Windows 11 Taskbar by adding DLL files in 3 specific directories of WIndows. Because the older code is still present in Windows 11, the Windows 10 styled taskbar is enabled by putting the DLL file. Some of the functionalities the developer claims is restored are below:

• Restores Windows 10 styled taskbar menu.
    • Restore Windows+X context menu.
    • Show app list by default in Start menu.
    • Ability for start menu and search to align left and many more
    Download the Software from this GitHub Repository:

• After downloading, copy the dxgi.dll named file to C:/Windows/ directory(you must have admin privileges).
    • Restart the computer or the Windows Explorer process from the task manager.
    • You would see a notification that symbols are being downloaded. Wait for the process to complete which may take around 20 minutes.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Aug 13, 2023
  4. EmilyS726 Win User

Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive!

Drag&Drop on TaskBar not working (Windows 11 22H2 22621.1105)

Hello there, this is Emily.

Unfortunately this is by design for Windows 11. You can drag from File explorer into the taskbar.

The only drag and drop that works in the latest Windows 11 version is if you right click an app from the All Apps list, and drag it and drop it on desktop or taskbar. That's for apps only, and only when you find the app via Start > All apps list.

Sorry. You can always use the Feedback hub (Windows + F) to request this as a feature.

EmilyS726, Aug 13, 2023
Thema:

1. Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive! - Similar Threads - Feedback request Customizable

2. Windows 11, customizable folder colors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, customizable folder colors?: Dear Windows 11, please increase user experience by adding customizable folder colors that are safely yours and not paid apps that may or may not be updated or troubled. I work in an MS Enterprise office on a PC while others work on MACs, please compete better....
  3. Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?

Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?: Will Microsoft ever add the feature to allow for the taskbar to be moved/placed to the top or left/right side of the screen on Windows 11? The taskbar at the bottom of the screen is inefficient and bothersome. I don't have the ability to use external programs or modify the...
  4. Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?: Will Microsoft ever add the feature to allow for the taskbar to be moved/placed to the top or left/right side of the screen on Windows 11? The taskbar at the bottom of the screen is inefficient and bothersome. I don't have the ability to use external programs or modify the...
  5. Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback request: Customizable Taskbar Placement in Windows 11 Let's be inclusive!: I'm writing regarding Microsoft's decision to remove the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11. I understand this was driven by a new design direction, but I have noticed several unintended consequences and I'd like to shed light on why having the option matters:Boosting...
  6. Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request

Windows Hello - Feedback/Feature Request: Not sure how much of an edge case I am. I love Windows Hello for verification but the window pops up on various screens. Making it hard to verify quickly without moving the window.I'd like to be able to set the Windows Hello Prompt default location. I'd ideally want to be...
  7. Will there be added taskbar placement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will there be added taskbar placement?: In window 10, I preferred to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen, going vertically along the edge of the display. Is there a plan to add this back as a feature into windows 11? I have looked, and there is no way to do it properly in windows....
  8. Will there be added taskbar placement?

Will there be added taskbar placement?: In window 10, I preferred to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen, going vertically along the edge of the display. Is there a plan to add this back as a feature into windows 11? I have looked, and there is no way to do it properly in windows....
  9. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  10. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...